Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks will "Utilize post"

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I don't think it's too late I just think it would take too much time and you wouldn't see him really be consistently effective with his back to the basket in the low post till like mid next year.

It's not like there's a time table on when you can learn post moves he's just gotta get used to the feel of having his back to his defender and develop good footwork and pump fakes. I'm hoping he visits Hakeem over the Summer but as for this year I expect him to be pretty clumsy down low and just do turn around jumpers and fast drop steps or baby hooks nothing to serious.
    If Stat can be 1/10th of the player Hakeem was, he'd beast over all the PFs today. Realistically, even with hard work, Stat will not have the footwork needed to be an elite low post player.

Why can't we just leave Stat alone? He was a great offensive player when he was in Phoenix. Wasn't that the reason Knicks gave him this ridiculous contract?

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    If Stat can be 1/10th of the player Hakeem was, he'd beast over all the PFs today. Realistically, even with hard work, Stat will not have the footwork needed to be an elite low post player.

Why can't we just leave Stat alone? He was a great offensive player when he was in Phoenix. Wasn't that the reason Knicks gave him this ridiculous contract?
    He just has to be a reliable post player and with hard work he can get there.

Honestly Amare getting a back to the hoop post game would be great. It would make him a complete offensive threat and likely extend his career. You have no idea how excited I was to see tyson try a post move a few days ago.

Wait you can score in the post? I thought your only allowed to take threes in NBA.

Veteran

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Stat doesn't overpower opposing players. He outquicks them. That's why he was so effective playing center position. Most centers can't keep up with him.

As for his post moves, I can't recall many of them. IMO, it'd be too late for Stat to develop a post game at this stage of his career.
    Playing Center, that's why I saw that turnaround jumper more when he was in Phoenix. He play's PF now so he plays more away from the basket on the wing.

cant wait to see this!!!

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    That's why you seen it 5-6 times because he ain't good with doing it.

I'll wait for the proof. Maybe it was MDAs offense that kept him from being down there...

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Honestly Amare getting a back to the hoop post game would be great. It would make him a complete offensive threat and likely extend his career. You have no idea how excited I was to see tyson try a post move a few days ago.

You saw that also? Nice little baby hook 5 ft from the rim. I didnt know he had that until the other day.It's been what? 43 games. That's why I cant say definitively that STAT doesnt have a post game...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl

You saw that also? Nice little baby hook 5 ft from the rim. I didnt know he had that until the other day.It's been what? 43 games. That's why I cant say definitively that STAT doesnt have a post game...
    Yea, that's a fair point.

I think STAT needs to improve his footwork a bit. He already has enough of a shooter's touch, that if he can work on some sort of fallaway shot from 10-12 feet @ 6'11''?

Who guards that