Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: This team is NOT Melo vs Lin

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default This team is NOT Melo vs Lin

    I don't get why a lot of people are constantly getting on Lin's back and blaming him for Melo's struggles. When Melo and Lin do not connect it's not Lin's fault, or Melo's fault... It's both of their fault.

    Melo and Lin are good friends. In fact it was reported than Melo is closest to Lin of all the players on the team. It was Melo who first told MDA to play Lin, all the way back at the start of Feb.

    Tonight Lin played great when we needed him to in the 4th. He made some mistakes but Melo was lackluster at that point. After the game was more or less sealed Melo made a few nice plays down the stretch to ensure the W.

    Both players had good games overall and should be praised not hounded.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Seriously dude, people should just enjoy this run we are currently in.

  3. #3
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    lin said they weren't allowing melo breathing room. so, yeah one of those nights. but, melo play good enough not force things and kick it back out.
    good job on the d side ,also.


    i was still angry at stat. this guy turns around/away while wide open collison got free from a pnr switch.

  4. #4
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    lin said they weren't allowing melo breathing room. so, yeah one of those nights. but, melo play good enough not force things and kick it back out.
    good job on the d side ,also.


    i was still angry at stat. this guy turns around/away while wide open collison got free from a pnr switch.
    STAT playing a lot better overall even on the defensive end though. Very few players play perfect D in the NBA, STAT has become an average defender in the last 3 games which is good for the Knicks.

  5. #5
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I don't really have any issue with Lin and Melo I still think he looks for Fields a little more than melo but whatever, the player I feel Lin needs to work with or look for most is Amare it still seems like he misses Amare a lot to me. Before it was Amare not setting good enough screens for Lin but lately he's been setting good screens but Lin just can't seem to find him they need to start connecting because that would be a huge plus for the Knicks offense.

  6. #6
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I must admit i Bash Lin alot but i also give him his props when he does do good. Its more of a frustration bashing rather than a " I hate Lin you suck kind of bashing" on some nights i think he looks for his shot more than passing the ball and then his force to the basket turnovers really urk me, then i have to remember he is basically still a rookie and will make mistakes here and there.

    Overall Lin is a pretty good player there is no denying that.

    If Amare keeps up the good defense i have to stop bashing him to, though i will never get over the amount of times he's been rejected this season -__-

    Landry fields -- if this guy does not start hitting free throws and making his 3 point shot ill probably shoot myself in the foot he deserves a bashing.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:01.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smithtown
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    3

    Default You Too Are Student Of The Game

    Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    lin said they weren't allowing melo breathing room. so, yeah one of those nights. but, melo play good enough not force things and kick it back out.
    good job on the d side ,also.


    i was still angry at stat. this guy turns around/away while wide open collison got free from a pnr switch.
    I noticed that too......
    and it pisses me off...BUT
    I did see STAT hit the hardwood diving after after a loose ball and I was sober at the time....

  8. #8
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Lin needs to do more off ball work. He relies almost exclusively on the pick and roll and if a team stops that (Miami) then he is useless. We should have sets where Melo receives the ball in the post and lin makes a fake cut to him then he cuts to the basket or have him come off more screens from midrange.

    I know this thread was directed at me because of what i said in the game thread but the truth is we need to force our superstars to man up. We can go on a 10 game winning streak but in the playoffs WE ARE NOT winning games like this.

    Melo needs to be isolated and Amar'e also. Lin cannot be counted on against teams that load up on pick and rolls and apply pressure to him, We need to establish our stars perimeter game which will open up their driving lanes. Melo could not penetrate because indiana did not care if he shot from outside so he had no slashing lanes. If Melo plays like this in the playoffs we will murder him and its not his fault it is just that he is not getting established from the get go so he can stay consistent throughout the game and not in little spurts.

    I like the winning but this style or play calling is not going to get us deep in the playoffs when our superstars cant go pound for pound with the other teams stars who are lighting us up and no body can respond or not enough players cant respond because maybe Lin is the only one having a good game, but that is a stretch because we have seen what Miami has done to him so who can say that wont pop up again?

    Melo and Amar'e will be needed to match up with the production that Dwyane Wade and Lebron will give and not just Jeremy Lin.

  9. #9
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Lin needs to do more off ball work. He relies almost exclusively on the pick and roll and if a team stops that (Miami) then he is useless. We should have sets where Melo receives the ball in the post and lin makes a fake cut to him then he cuts to the basket or have him come off more screens from midrange.

    I know this thread was directed at me because of what i said in the game thread but the truth is we need to force our superstars to man up. We can go on a 10 game winning streak but in the playoffs WE ARE NOT winning games like this.

    Melo needs to be isolated and Amar'e also. Lin cannot be counted on against teams that load up on pick and rolls and apply pressure to him, We need to establish our stars perimeter game which will open up their driving lanes. Melo could not penetrate because indiana did not care if he shot from outside so he had no slashing lanes. If Melo plays like this in the playoffs we will murder him and its not his fault it is just that he is not getting established from the get go so he can stay consistent throughout the game and not in little spurts.

    I like the winning but this style or play calling is not going to get us deep in the playoffs when our superstars cant go pound for pound with the other teams stars who are lighting us up and no body can respond or not enough players cant respond because maybe Lin is the only one having a good game, but that is a stretch because we have seen what Miami has done to him so who can say that wont pop up again?

    Melo and Amar'e will be needed to match up with the production that Dwyane Wade and Lebron will give and not just Jeremy Lin.
    Not directed at you at all... There are severel members of "#Team Melo" who just hound Lin game after game for every little mistake. The same kinda people who were all over STAT and inspired me to make the Official Support STAT thread.

    Lin is not useless when the pick n roll isn't working they didn't get a lot of pick n roll in the 4th tonight and Lin did his thing. Of course he plays his best in the pick n roll but he's not a one trick pony as some people seem to think.

    We already know Melo and STAT are going to see more touches Woodson has alluded to this already.

  10. #10
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    I don't get why a lot of people are constantly getting on Lin's back and blaming him for Melo's struggles. When Melo and Lin do not connect it's not Lin's fault, or Melo's fault... It's both of their fault.

    Melo and Lin are good friends. In fact it was reported than Melo is closest to Lin of all the players on the team. It was Melo who first told MDA to play Lin, all the way back at the start of Feb.

    Tonight Lin played great when we needed him to in the 4th. He made some mistakes but Melo was lackluster at that point. After the game was more or less sealed Melo made a few nice plays down the stretch to ensure the W.

    Both players had good games overall and should be praised not hounded.

    This team is Melo and Lin.

    Whatever we conjure up in terms of victories from here on out - offensively speaking. The Knicks are Chandler's team defensively - rests on the penetration and distribution of Lin from the perimeter, and Melo's post up and distribution both inside and out. Whatever STAT, Tyson and Fields achieve offensively should be a result of that.

    The bench, naturally, are massive as well, but we can not always rely on our depth with starters the calibre of which we have.

    They'll (Melo and Lin) come together and create quite the headache for any and all opponents, and then, as we saw fleetingly in both games VS Indiana, STAT will find his niche - preferably in the post - and we will be that much closer to completing the puzzle that D'Antoni dismantled, and Melo couldn't handle.

    As I said at the start of the season, we win this battle with our vanguard (front court). Now that we've been miraculously fortunate with Lin's emergence, it's time to oil every gear and wake this beast from it's D'Antoni slumber.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: Nov 16, 2010, 14:00
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Aug 30, 2010, 19:28
  3. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  4. LARRY IS AS MUCH TO BLAME AS ISIAH
    By furious lord in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 06:17
  5. Dream Team
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2003, 11:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •