This team is NOT Melo vs Lin

Benchwarmer
I don't think it has anything to do with race on these boards.

I think the main issue is that the Melo supporters are generally the MDA haters. Lin is kinda seen as an extension of MDA at the moment because a lot of people attribute his rise as a benefit of MDA running everything through the point.

Lin is gonna have a long successful career regardless of MDA and people shouldn't bother to connect the two of them anymore.
I really wasn't writing about these boards, just in general. And, I want to make it clear that I wasn't pointing fingers at any group of people as a whole. I just know from past experience that it's normal for people to take sides even if the they don't know the whole truth.

***An example of this is that just because the Knicks started to lose games right after Carmelo Anthony returned, people started blaming him. But, there are always other factors. And, too many factors for us to start speculating about. But, people ALWAYS speculate without knowing all the facts.

DrB

Benchwarmer
You Too Are Student Of The Game

lin said they weren't allowing melo breathing room. so, yeah one of those nights. but, melo play good enough not force things and kick it back out.
good job on the d side ,also.

i was still angry at stat. this guy turns around/away while wide open collison got free from a pnr switch.:barf:

I noticed that too.....:agreed:.
and it pisses me off...BUT
I did see STAT hit the hardwood diving after after a loose ball and I was sober at the time....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I don't get why a lot of people are constantly getting on Lin's back and blaming him for Melo's struggles. When Melo and Lin do not connect it's not Lin's fault, or Melo's fault... It's both of their fault.

Melo and Lin are good friends. In fact it was reported than Melo is closest to Lin of all the players on the team. It was Melo who first told MDA to play Lin, all the way back at the start of Feb.

Tonight Lin played great when we needed him to in the 4th. He made some mistakes but Melo was lackluster at that point. After the game was more or less sealed Melo made a few nice plays down the stretch to ensure the W.

Both players had good games overall and should be praised not hounded.

:gony:

This team is Melo and Lin.

Whatever we conjure up in terms of victories from here on out - offensively speaking. The Knicks are Chandler's team defensively - rests on the penetration and distribution of Lin from the perimeter, and Melo's post up and distribution both inside and out. Whatever STAT, Tyson and Fields achieve offensively should be a result of that.

The bench, naturally, are massive as well, but we can not always rely on our depth with starters the calibre of which we have.

They'll (Melo and Lin) come together and create quite the headache for any and all opponents, and then, as we saw fleetingly in both games VS Indiana, STAT will find his niche - preferably in the post - and we will be that much closer to completing the puzzle that D'Antoni dismantled, and Melo couldn't handle.

As I said at the start of the season, we win this battle with our vanguard (front court). Now that we've been miraculously fortunate with Lin's emergence, it's time to oil every gear and wake this beast from it's D'Antoni slumber.:gony: