Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This team is NOT Melo vs Lin

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    It's hard to enjoy Melo as much as I usually would lately. Thinking about fans groaning because he dares to hold onto the ball more than two seconds irks me. Yes he's not playing as well as early on in the season, but he might have lost some rhythm from the injury. Lin can take a ton of dribbles and put up bad shots, yet people are probably getting pissed at Melo for even posting up.

I'm a fan of both of them. I agree, this needs to end. I'm not even negative about Amar'e lately.
    Melo is a beast bottom line. He's played pretty badly all season but I'm sure he's gonna have plenty more 30pt games for the Knicks. I don't think he gives a **** about people groaning, hopefully he won't take it to heart.

He's been working hard most of the time since the firing of mda. It's annoying when people complain that he's not getting looks when on occasion he makes almost no effort (early-mid 4th @ pacers). As soon as he runs round a screen and gets open he gets the ball 75% of the time.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Melo is a beast bottom line. He's played pretty badly all season but I'm sure he's gonna have plenty more 30pt games for the Knicks. I don't think he gives a **** about people groaning, hopefully he won't take it to heart.

He's been working hard most of the time since the firing of mda. It's annoying when people complain that he's not getting looks when on occasion he makes almost no effort (early-mid 4th @ pacers). As soon as he runs round a screen and gets open he gets the ball 75% of the time.
    It seems as if the fans are kinda getting in his head. When he played in Indiana he seemed more comfortable shooting.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    It seems as if the fans are kinda getting in his head. When he played in Indiana he seemed more comfortable shooting.
    I think Melo cares a lot about what fans think of him. That's why he came out during Linsanity to say that he would fit right in with Lin.

Lest we forget, Melo has always been a volume shooter. He needs to take a lot of shots to get into rhythm. For Melo to be unselfish, he will not be as effective as a scorer. You make the choice.

Veteran

The no looks have been a byproduct of that (effort) and beefing with D'antoni/Lin prior.

He is a beast, tho.

I think Melo and Lin can be good friends.

They are both smart.

I don't think it has anything to do with race on these boards.

I think the main issue is that the Melo supporters are generally the MDA haters. Lin is kinda seen as an extension of MDA at the moment because a lot of people attribute his rise as a benefit of MDA running everything through the point.

Lin is gonna have a long successful career regardless of MDA and people shouldn't bother to connect the two of them anymore.
    I really wasn't writing about these boards, just in general. And, I want to make it clear that I wasn't pointing fingers at any group of people as a whole. I just know from past experience that it's normal for people to take sides even if the they don't know the whole truth.

***An example of this is that just because the Knicks started to lose games right after Carmelo Anthony returned, people started blaming him. But, there are always other factors. And, too many factors for us to start speculating about. But, people ALWAYS speculate without knowing all the facts.

Default You Too Are Student Of The Game

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    lin said they weren't allowing melo breathing room. so, yeah one of those nights. but, melo play good enough not force things and kick it back out.
    good job on the d side ,also.

i was still angry at stat. this guy turns around/away while wide open collison got free from a pnr switch.
    I noticed that too......
    and it pisses me off...BUT
    I did see STAT hit the hardwood diving after after a loose ball and I was sober at the time....

I don't get why a lot of people are constantly getting on Lin's back and blaming him for Melo's struggles. When Melo and Lin do not connect it's not Lin's fault, or Melo's fault... It's both of their fault.

Melo and Lin are good friends. In fact it was reported than Melo is closest to Lin of all the players on the team. It was Melo who first told MDA to play Lin, all the way back at the start of Feb.

Tonight Lin played great when we needed him to in the 4th. He made some mistakes but Melo was lackluster at that point. After the game was more or less sealed Melo made a few nice plays down the stretch to ensure the W.

Both players had good games overall and should be praised not hounded.

This team is Melo and Lin.

Whatever we conjure up in terms of victories from here on out - offensively speaking. The Knicks are Chandler's team defensively - rests on the penetration and distribution of Lin from the perimeter, and Melo's post up and distribution both inside and out. Whatever STAT, Tyson and Fields achieve offensively should be a result of that.

The bench, naturally, are massive as well, but we can not always rely on our depth with starters the calibre of which we have.

They'll (Melo and Lin) come together and create quite the headache for any and all opponents, and then, as we saw fleetingly in both games VS Indiana, STAT will find his niche - preferably in the post - and we will be that much closer to completing the puzzle that D'Antoni dismantled, and Melo couldn't handle.

As I said at the start of the season, we win this battle with our vanguard (front court). Now that we've been miraculously fortunate with Lin's emergence, it's time to oil every gear and wake this beast from it's D'Antoni slumber.