"J.R. Smith is not a good ball handler."

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Breen has said this at least a couple of times after J.R. Smith lost control of the ball. For some reason I thought he was. Did I think so because of J.R.'s athleticism and him being a guard? Some plays where he got fancy with the ball? Or was Breen being too critical?

Yes, he's not a great ball handler, but Breen kinda made him sound worse than he was.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
JR is not the greatest ball handler, but he is not terrible either

JR is actually one of the best ball handlers we have on this team. He can take his man off the dribble create for himself, work the p&r and create for others.

Ay_Zimmy

Rookie
Landry fields is a pretty basic ball handler, I dont think JR Smith is too bad, he tries to catch his defender off guard a lot for a mid range which usually goes well for him. If anything I want t see him hitting those open 3's he's a streaky shooter.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Landy Fields isn't a bad ball handler either. It might be confidence. When's he versatile on offense he's pretty good handling the ball.

Forrest17

Rotation player
His problem is that he plays like he is a better ball handler than he actually is with all the odd movements and spinning behind the back fancy stuff he does and that makes him loose control of it. If he just played a bit more relaxed with it he would be fine.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Smith is a decent ball handler nothing special but not terrible, he's good enough to score off the dribble and occasionally cross somebody.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Breen makes all the good players sound bad and all the bad players sound good

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's good at creating shots for himself off the dribble, but not necessarily others. With Davis out against Indiana, he took the reins of the PG in tandem with Shumpert and the 2 did very well together in a shared role.

That was good to see, and something that we can hopefully fall back on if Diddy proves to be prone to niggling injuries.

Shump is a better ball handler, and if necessary he can lead the second unit together with Smith in a line up the likes of:

Shump
Smith
Novak
Jefferies
Jorts

for example.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;221046 said:
He's good at creating shots for himself off the dribble, but not necessarily others. With Davis out against Indiana, he took the reins of the PG in tandem with Shumpert and the 2 did very well together in a shared role.

That was good to see, and something that we can hopefully fall back on if Diddy proves to be prone to niggling injuries.

Shump is a better ball handler, and if necessary he can lead the second unit together with Smith in a line up the likes of:

Shump
Smith
Novak
Jefferies
Jorts

for example.

IDK bro I heard Jefferies is hosting a ball handling clinic during the Knicks practices. He's been working close with JR, Shump and fields to improve thier lack of skill.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
:teeth: oh lawd do I
I wonder actually if he'll be getting some PT against Toronto... earlier today Woody said he doesn't know if Davis will be available and we all know that there is some faith in Douglas within the organization. :teeth:

smokes

Huge Member
I wonder actually if he'll be getting some PT against Toronto... earlier today Woody said he doesn't know if Davis will be available and we all know that there is some faith in Douglas within the organization. :teeth:

Why shouldn't there be? Douglas was a great player last year up until the part where he was asked to play pass-first PG during the playoffs.

Douglas was like Shump-Lite with the addition of a 3 point threat. I remember watching AC and TD locking down as a tandem of guards, problem is we barely played them together more than 5-8 mins if that.

Douglas had shoulder surgery in the offseason and I think it's a genuine concern for everyone that it has altered his stroke.

If Douglas can get back to being a 40%+ 3 pt shooter he still has value for the Knicks.

KingCharles34

All Star
Breen makes all the good players sound bad and all the bad players sound good

Although i agree with Breen about Douglas other then that I hate him and I want him fired. He is far more negative then Marv Albert ever was, hes got Clyde being negative sometimes too. And while i like unbiased commentary Breen is negative...he sounds like a girl the way he whines and complains