Thread: Should the NYKnicks trade Jeremy Lin?

Threaded View

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Who said Lin will agree to play for the Knicks on 600k next year? I seriously doubt he'd accept this. As for the exposure he's bringing; all I've witnessed from this, is an increase of incredibly unknowledgeable fans who will only root for Lin and have no understanding of even the most fundamental aspects of basketball. The only purpose they serve is that of basketball's dumbing down, and giving Lin an excuse to demand much more money than he's worth in the Basketball market.

Irrelevant post - Lin can't make more than 5million. "purported knowledgeable basketball fans don't seem to pay attention to the new CBA and limitations of the CBA to people finishing up their 2nd year - 1st contract"

"He can't demand more money" - he potentially can earn 5$ million max.

Your "commentary demanding much more money that he's worth in the basketball market" could only apply to Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire.
    * Note - I'm using this as an obvious example because of how much they are being paid. I'm happy with the effort, hustle, intensity, rebounding and defensive - improvements from both players. This is not a knock toward those two. I am just setting the record straight with Takman's statement.

and giving Lin an excuse to demand much more money than he's worth in the Basketball market.

contrasted with his other statement - same post -

all I've witnessed from this, is an increase of incredibly unknowledgeable fans who will only root for Lin and have no understanding of even the most fundamental aspects of basketball.

I question being able to make those 2 statements in the SAME post - while completely ignoring the new CBA. A knowledgeable basketball fan that understands basketball and the business would take the CBA #1 as the starting point in discussing market value. #2 Using their "knowledge" they would state that there is a ceiling - the 5million $ MLE. #3 There would not even be a start to discussing "demands for much more money than he is worth"
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 19, 2012 at 18:59.