Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the NYKnicks trade Jeremy Lin?

Superstar

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    I don't know why my previous post got lost, but I'll say this again:

I will not trade Lin for any other player.

I will build my team around Lin and get me the championship within 3 years.
    You my friend, are , LIN is good, but not that good.If it were that easy D.Rose would have a title already.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I gave this some thought myself.

I doubt it will happen, but the idea is there and has some validity. He's a leader, no doubt about that. His game is on its very last legs though.
    yeah Fisher is on his last legs but hey so is Baron & bibby fish still got some juice left and he can play decent defense, better than bibby thats for sure. But like you said it probably wont happen i can see him going to the spurs or Mavs.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    You my friend, are , LIN is good, but not that good.If it were that easy D.Rose would have a title already.
    Thanks.
    Yes, it took Michael Jordan 7 years to get his first title.

I was only hoping.

The purpose of the post really, is not whether a GM would do the trade or not. It's not my article. It's kind of stupid to even propose trade scenerio like that. Some of those guys are All-Stars.

It was just to show the closet haters that Lin is NOT your below average, supposedly bench-warmer PG. I hate it when posters, who claim to know everthing basketball, say "teams cut him (Lin) for a reason."

And IMHO, Baron Davis, in his younger days had WAY more talent than Lin. And if BD didn't have a bad back (or injury-prone), yes, he would be starting on my Knicks.

We're just lucky that Lin fell on our lap for basically pesos. The closet haters need to realize that Lin is not average at best. The idiot Dolan is getting more bang for the bucks from Lin (ON and OFF the court) than from any of his other players....ah-hem...

Originally Posted by onex0is0
    It was just to show the closet haters that Lin is NOT your below average, supposedly bench-warmer PG. I hate it when posters, who claim to know everthing basketball, say "teams cut him (Lin) for a reason."
    The title to this thread is sure scary!

Veteran

Are we rooting for the Knicks or are we rooting for Lin?

These threads reek poison and false entitlement. Lin is still learning, he has a team filled with talent that will make him look even better. Put him on a team with half the talent and you'll see a hugh difference. Lin can and should get better, but as of now... he still needs to work on his fundamentals like dribbling and awareness.

He may be better than some PG's but there are plenty of PG's in this league that are better and have displayed winning streaks without all the insanity tag attached to their game. All this hype looks like a bunch of favoritism and/or certain people just not being used to having an above average player repting their circle of life.

Lin will be fine and he plays well within the team. If he is enjoying his time, and if he isn't complaining about his position.... why should anyone else? hmmmm.....

Such a stupid article. Offering to trade Lin, a 600k PG, for players like Bosh, a nearly Max deal PF is nothing but ridiculous. If any of those offered deals were to happen, it would include other players and then the pros and cons would obviously be totally different. Plus Lin brings in international exposure, is young and promising, and would require a very good PG to come to the knicks if he leaves.

Again, useless speculations that mean nothing at this point in the season.

Superstar

Originally Posted by lookgrabpull
    Such a stupid article. Offering to trade Lin, a 600k PG, for players like Bosh, a nearly Max deal PF is nothing but ridiculous. If any of those offered deals were to happen, it would include other players and then the pros and cons would obviously be totally different. Plus Lin brings in international exposure, is young and promising, and would require a very good PG to come to the knicks if he leaves.

Again, useless speculations that mean nothing at this point in the season.
    Who said Lin will agree to play for the Knicks on 600k next year? I seriously doubt he'd accept this. As for the exposure he's bringing; all I've witnessed from this, is an increase of incredibly unknowledgeable fans who will only root for Lin and have no understanding of even the most fundamental aspects of basketball. The only purpose they serve is that of basketball's dumbing down, and giving Lin an excuse to demand much more money than he's worth in the Basketball market.
    Last edited by TakMan; Mar 19, 2012 at 10:49.

he's a restricted free agent. most he can make is around 5 mill next year. NOBODY CAN OFFER HIM MORE THAN THAT. SO HE CAN'T DEMAND MORE MONEY. He is a 600k Pg right now because that's what he gets paid.

plain and simple. Lin is a decent PG at the MLE price range with good upside and worth the gamble. that's why a lot of teams would want him.

NO GM WILL CONSIDER ALL THE OUTSIDE FACTORS. WHY? BECAUSE IF HE IS A SCRUB NOBODY WILL WATCH HIM. NOT EVEN PEOPLE FROM CHINA, TAIWAN, AND ALL THOSE OTHER ASIAN COUNTRIES. SIMPLE AS THAT.

regardless of what market he has. he still needs to produce in the game. nobody will watch him score 2 pts and 1 reb with 6 turnovers.

but he is good trade bait but I highly doubt he will be traded because this team needs 1-2 years of playing together. Unless of course they totally suck and go 20-50 or something like that.

I rather have Anthony Carter than Fisher.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Who said Lin will agree to play for the Knicks on 600k next year? I seriously doubt he'd accept this. As for the exposure he's bringing; all I've witnessed from this, is an increase of incredibly unknowledgeable fans who will only root for Lin and have no understanding of even the most fundamental aspects of basketball. The only purpose they serve is that of basketball's dumbing down, and giving Lin an excuse to demand much more money than he's worth in the Basketball market.
    Partially true. I admit that there are many incredibly unknowledgeable fans who will only root for Lin and have no understanding of even the most fundamental aspects of basketball.

But based on my observation, he was given positive remarks from many basketball experts in the beginning.

Anyway, I see your point.

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    I will build my team around Lin and get me the championship within 3 years.
    ((crickets))

It's kinda silly to think about trade scenarios right now, after the play offs is when he is going to get assigned any kind of solid value. For now, even if we could trade him I wouldn't even consider any of thous above mentioned trades... after the play offs I MIGHT consider any of them.
    Right now I'd be starting Lin and playing him 50/50 with BD.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

These threads reek poison and false entitlement. Lin is still learning, he has a team filled with talent that will make him look even better. Put him on a team with half the talent and you'll see a hugh difference. Lin can and should get better, but as of now... he still needs to work on his fundamentals like dribbling and awareness.

He may be better than some PG's but there are plenty of PG's in this league that are better and have displayed winning streaks without all the insanity tag attached to their game. All this hype looks like a bunch of favoritism and/or certain people just not being used to having an above average player repting their circle of life.

Lin will be fine and he plays well within the team. If he is enjoying his time, and if he isn't complaining about his position.... why should anyone else? hmmmm.....
    THIS!

RIGHT!

HERE!

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

It's an article that poses a hypothetical question about who Lin might be worth trading for there's nothing poisonous about it...

Any kind of surge in performance garners similar interest there are a few reasons Lin's went above and beyond the norm:

- It's New York
    - The Knicks were appalling
    - He's Asian
    - The performances were VERY good

Linsanity was fun while it lasted and I'm glad it ended when it did so Lin could refocus on just playing ball and gelling with the team.

But really there's nothing to criticize here, hell in Milwaukee they're calling it "Ersanity"