Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stephen A. Smith on ESPN radio Now!

I don't understand why anyone would get bent out of shape over what SAS or any other mediots said. It's just an opinion like yours or mine.

Last I check, Dolan do not consult SAS when he makes a personnel decision.

Originally Posted by KnickKnack
    I love Lin - he's all over my computer now. But, can't we admit that he hasn't become consistent - YET. Lin is still growing, and SAS isn't saying Lin isn't the future - he's saying the complete opposite.
    Well a few weeks ago he said Lin would never be great. And he also blamed D'Antoni being fired on Lin during one of his rants.

I didn't listen to this episode since I already know what to expect. You have to remember though this guy is from the media, anything to help his ratings. That's a big part of his job. I don't think too many people look to SAS for knowledge on basketball, but people watch him for entertainment. What better way to entertain people than by saying controversial things and yelling it on top of that?

Take it in stride. I hear people getting upset over Berman for making up rumors, SAS for his stupid rants, or Isola for sounding like a bitter mess everytime he speaks. Just let it go. That's their job.

At the end of the day, everyone is reposting Bermans articles, reposting SAS's radio show, and resposting Isola's articles or twitter comments.
    Last edited by ChartFiction; Mar 19, 2012 at 20:35.

Originally Posted by onex0is0
    Screamin' A. Smith is a perfect example of what you call a closet hater.

Anyone who is not Black is his enemy. From my studies at university (yes, was forced to take psychology for an elective), something bad must have happened to him in the past or he was wronged by someone, so that now, he thinks everyone is against him. He kicks and yell, obviously, in order to prove he is always right.

Everybody knows he is a little man, an idiot, and a jerk. He give black people a bad name. Sometimes I wish another black person with authority (like Magic Johnson) would tell Screamin' A. Smith to STFU, idiot. You don't represent us.
    You took one psychology course in college....and that made you feel like you were qualified to make these assumptions? Wow.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Lin's ranks among PGs right now:

Efficiency: 19th

Points per game: 15th

Assists per game: 15th

FG%: 14th

3-PT%: 46th

Steals: 9th

Turnovers: 5th highest among active PGs

Assist to turnover ratio is 59th among all PGs in the league.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm not saying that the use of the word "marginal" is exactly fair, because Lin obviously has game, has a good basketball IQ, and is athletic. So there's no reason to think that he can't get better, and as much of a blowhard that SAS is..he never says that Lin can't or won't get better.

But saying that if you compare his stats to the "top ten" PGs and that they'll stack up, when he's only in the top 10 in one statistical category that's important for a PG....what point are you making?

When Brandon Jennings has a higher EFF than you, you have some work to do.
    Lin #7 among PGs in "Scoring per 48 Minutes"

I can manipulate stats too

Lol what did SAS say that was so bad Lin is not as good as a lot Knicks fans think yet. He's not an all star level player but he's decent enough at this time for NY.

Lurker

I heard 5 minutes than shut it off. Started getting a headache and it wasn't worth it. As usual his show sucks and I'm looking to change the dial.

To sum up cheese doodles: Lin is marginal, what he accomplished didn't count because it was against bad teams, plus Dallas and LA. But he makes excuses why the LA game didn't count. More excuses on why Lin didn't accomplish much if anything. We get it.

And yet this team WITH Melo and Amare wouldn't have won many, if any games during Linsanity even if they were against weaker teams. They're odds of reaching the playoffs would be terrible right now.

And to top it all off....He's continued to coddle Melo and blame the sudden downfall of the Knicks all on MDA. No blame whatsoever to Melo, who is getting paid a ridiculous amount of money but he can't be a professional and earn his millions of dollars because he's too busy pouting. The Knicks were in the hunt for the playoffs and now they're only just getting back inside the playoff cutoff line.

Complaining about Lin (still?) and continually propping up Melo after all that's happened is just baffling. You are full of it if you don't see his bias right now.

Originally Posted by BrianMan
    You took one psychology course in college....and that made you feel like you were qualified to make these assumptions? Wow.

Fundamentals. Once you learn that, the rest (upper levels) is a piece of cake. Screamin' A. Smith fit the profile......as someone who has been bullied/wronged/cheated in the past (perhaps during his youth). How he talks and respond, and how readily and quickly he put up his guards. Those are obvious signs.

Psychology. Fun and interesting class. Easy Mickey-Mouse class for student-athletes to pass. GPA booster for the rest of college population.
    Last edited by onex0is0; Mar 20, 2012 at 01:20.

Stephen A Smith is the most obnoxious guy covering sports. The only guy comparable is Skip Bayless. Both these guys basically state outlandish stuff regularly to stay in the news.

In the case of Stephen A Smith his debate technique is to simply talk louder versus coming up with good arguments. In other words he argues how kids do in elementary school.

Originally Posted by munco
    In the case of Stephen A Smith his debate technique is to simply talk louder versus coming up with good arguments. In other words he argues how kids do in elementary school.

So, so, true.

Lurker

Originally Posted by munco
    Stephen A Smith is the most obnoxious guy covering sports. The only guy comparable is Skip Bayless. Both these guys basically state outlandish stuff regularly to stay in the news.

Totally agree. After writing my post, I thought if there was a journalist I respect less and that's Skip. Do they still debate each other on that ESPN morning show? If they didn't try to raise drama they'd be out of a job.

And to add I'm surprised that SAS talking on the radio is thread worthy.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Lin's ranks among PGs right now:

Efficiency: 19th

Points per game: 15th

Assists per game: 15th

FG%: 14th

3-PT%: 46th

Steals: 9th

Turnovers: 5th highest among active PGs

Assist to turnover ratio is 59th among all PGs in the league.

I'm not saying that the use of the word "marginal" is exactly fair, because Lin obviously has game, has a good basketball IQ, and is athletic. So there's no reason to think that he can't get better, and as much of a blowhard that SAS is..he never says that Lin can't or won't get better.

But saying that if you compare his stats to the "top ten" PGs and that they'll stack up, when he's only in the top 10 in one statistical category that's important for a PG....what point are you making?

When Brandon Jennings has a higher EFF than you, you have some work to do.
    Those numbers you are throwing up comprise of the entire season before he started. If you take his numbers on the games started, it's a completely different story.

Originally Posted by professorjay
    Complaining about Lin (still?) and continually propping up Melo after all that's happened is just baffling. You are full of it if you don't see his bias right now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    Those numbers you are throwing up comprise of the entire season before he started. If you take his numbers on the games started, it's a completely different story.
    Annnnd that's a pretty damn important point if true.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Anyone who makes a thread on Steven Smith loses credibility...he's nobody worth listening to...his NBA knowledge is limited and he's just a dramatic personality for entertainment, not knowledge. His insight is limited.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    I don't know how some people can be Knick fans and look up numbers that don't favor Lin...

it seems like people are more obsessed about their agenda and proving their point correct than actually being fans.

Kinda sad these guys who secretly hate on Lin won't let this go like a bad ex girlfriend.

Kinda trolling at this point.

Bottomline: Lins got this teams a lot of WINS and changed this season around, period. He's only 23, athletic, has skills, and good work ethic. His improvement is inevitable. Be patience and shut the hell up.