Stephen A. Smith on ESPN radio Now!

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Same load of crap.
The guy is truly an idiot. He just don't get it. It's tough for someone with his intelligence and educational background to 'get it'.

Still screaming and kicking calling Lin a "marginal" PG in this league.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Lin's TER is currently ranked 34th overall.

Marginal? Steven A. Smith. You are truly a moron.

Lin's number since starting Feb 8th.

19.5 points
8.14 Assists
2.19 Steals
3.89 rebounds
4.857 Turnovers

Based on his "Marginal" player statement. I assume MORE THAN 50% of the players in the NBA average those numbers? :teeth:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
SAS hates the fact that Lintendo made more of an impact than Carmelo. He can't stand that it's Lin who makes Dolan big bucks not Carmelo. Dude doesn't understand that we're a team now and it doesn't really matter what are Carmelo's numbers as long as he defends, makes great passes and gives overall effort.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Same load of crap.
The guy is truly an idiot. He just don't get it. It's tough for someone with his intelligence and educational background to 'get it'.

Still screaming and kicking calling Lin a "marginal" PG in this league.

User name = Biased

tiger0330

Legend
Dude gives me a headache and for a well educated journalist, can he not abuse the english language like he does.

I can't see what he says that Lin is average after seeing him in Woody's 3 game win streak. He's been playing well so what does that say about the theory that he was only a product of D'Antoni's system? Lin is a money pass first PG, plays pesky D, rebounds well for a PG and is an above avg shooter all this from a veritable rookie with a couple months NBA experience and he can only get better.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Whatever people may think about him, he had some very good points. He never once said that Lin was garbage or didn't deserve to be in the NBA. In fact, he said Lin would be a very good point guard in the future.

His point was that the team, as previously structured, didn't make sense with Lin as the focal point when you still have two star guys that are still in their prime. Lin's shot attempts have dropped and his TOs are also down as a result of him not carrying such a heavy load. It's working, so hey.

Lin isn't as big a star as people are makinig him out to be. He still has a ways to go. He had some good moments but that doesn't make you a legit star PG. Nate Robinson had some great games for us but you earn a rep in this league during the playoffs. People get so emotionally hurt over Lin. He's good but he's not THAT guy yet. He'll improve each year and hopefully he will be among the top pgs in the league. We all know he still has issues with his dribble and his court awareness could improve a bit.

I agree that Melo and Amare have to be the guys to take this team to a title. We get there as a team but those pressure moments will be put on their shoulders as the conerstone guys. This is how it works in the league with every team loaded with a star or two... or three.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I think this guy does make good points. He may be biased at times, makes a lot of noise, but he does understand bball i think.
I agree with some of you that Lin is a good point guard, but is not that good.
He is doing great so far, but he needs to improve in different areas before we get too exsited about future point guarg position of our team.
He does favor his friend Fields and looks for him first and everybody else second, i am sure Woody will fix that, overdribbles a lot, often misses wide open teammates and drives in the defensive wall or turns the ball over. He is slow and not as explosive to ever be a superstar IMHO. I hope i am wrong as we do need a good point guard and he seems to be a good person.

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
Screamin' A. Smith is a perfect example of what you call a closet hater.

Anyone who is not Black is his enemy. From my studies at university (yes, was forced to take psychology for an elective), something bad must have happened to him in the past or he was wronged by someone, so that now, he thinks everyone is against him. He kicks and yell, obviously, in order to prove he is always right.

Everybody knows he is a little man, an idiot, and a jerk. He give black people a bad name. Sometimes I wish another black person with authority (like Magic Johnson) would tell Screamin' A. Smith to STFU, idiot. You don't represent us.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Screamin' A. Smith is a perfect example of what you call a closet hater.

Anyone who is not Black is his enemy. From my studies at university (yes, was forced to take psychology for an elective), something bad must have happened to him in the past or he was wronged by someone, so that now, he thinks everyone is against him. He kicks and yell, obviously, in order to prove he is always right.

Everybody knows he is a little man, an idiot, and a jerk. He give black people a bad name. Sometimes I wish another black person with authority (like Magic Johnson) would tell Screamin' A. Smith to STFU, idiot. You don't represent us.

Did you even listen to the show?

clumsy

Rotation player
I like Stephen A. I don't agree with him always but i'm not the type to get angry if there is a disagreement. Max Kellerman too...too bad they got that dude in LA now.

KingofNy

Starter
Don't you guys get it? Stephen A. needs drama to get you all to listen to his show. Without calling out a star like Lin, talking bad about Melo, or questioning our recent good play, none of you would even care to listen to him today.

Lin is playing just fine. We don't need him to be a superstar, we just need him to be an average PG. I don't care what title the media wants to give him. All we know as fans is that he is a special player that has made us a MUCH better team and filled a void (pg) that we desperately needed to have filled.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Did you even listen to the show?

SAS said he's a "marginal" point guard. That could be debatable but to call Lin a "marginal" player is completely off base.

Again, can "marginal" players put up numbers like that through 21 games? Really.....can they? Of course, your argument will be the number of shots taken (like throwing up 20-25 per night), but dude is shooting 46% on the field with 14 shots per contest.

Steven A might not admit it but what he is really alluring to is the "eye ball" test. He 'looks' like a marginal player and the fact that he is Asian makes it worst. If we were to present all the numbers of the starting point guards in the league with NO NAME attached to it, are you going to tell me Lin won't be in the top 10? Seriously...