Knicks @ 76ers - Wed, March 21st @ 7:00pm - A true test for our rejuvenated Knicks

How many rebounds will STAT have?

• Total voters
Melo's foresight should not dictate the effort he puts in during a game. You are playing with 5 guys on the court and to not give a 100% is being bit of a pussy...........Stat is definetely putting in more of an effort.....
Like I said the past is the past......I am glad Dantonio is out and Woodson knows he will remain the coach is based on how far he takes the Knicks.....
I just cant stomach the thought of Melo not giving a 100% effort...lets hope those days are always behind us,

Dude its human. Melo's human. Say you're married. Work all day to bring home the bacon. Wifes home all day, yet when you get there nothings clean, no dinner, kids are going nuts and this goes on everyday. She wants you to do that special thing you do.

Are you going to give it 100% effort? I'd probably get mine and say F#%K the B%^$H.

The Moral? MDA wasnt keeping up his end so why should Melo? Or STAT? Or anybody really...

smokes

Huge Member
Look it's understandable why people get jaded by the Knicks. We as fans put time, effort, energy and money into supporting them and when it's obvious your $100 million superstars are not putting in their effort it sucks, for all of us.

I will find the quote if people want but I was really surprised to read Melo basically owning up to it and saying "I wasn't giving 100%, from now on I will" (I'm paraphrasing). That was a pretty big thing to admit that, and while it's still very disappointing that some of our team couldn't do that all season, they clearly are now.

Both STAT and Melo are playing good ball right now and we don't need to be bitching and moaning on them every time something goes bad.

I know everyone has their magnifying glasses at the ready, waiting to see STAT let a PG drive by him, but seriously that stuff happens to the best of defenders now and again. People need to lay off STAT his defense has been good these past 4 games and long may it continue.

As for Melo, when his shot isn't falling he is still helping the team, rebounding, dishing and demanding attention.

I've been saying it for weeks now even back in the MDA era, we gotta be positive now. Leave the negativity at the door and support the Knicks each and every one of them.

:beer::gony:

Benchwarmer
I dont understand the division between Knick fans. The Lin faction hates Melo & STAT and around we go. Personally, I'm happy we have them all on the squad. They're all NY KNICKERBOCKERS. I hope it stays that way for quite awhile if they continue to play the way they are lately...

I'm a Lin fan, but I don't hate on Melo or Stat, or anyone else.

People will always take sides and argue about everything,
but please don't generalize about all Lin fans or all Melo fans.

Thank you! :smokin:

go-knicks-glitter.gif

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Dude its human. Melo's human. Say you're married. Work all day to bring home the bacon. Wifes home all day, yet when you get there nothings clean, no dinner, kids are going nuts and this goes on everyday. She wants you to do that special thing you do.

Are you going to give it 100% effort? I'd probably get mine and say F#%K the B%^$H.

The Moral? MDA wasnt keeping up his end so why should Melo? Or STAT? Or anybody really...

Not when you are getting paid 17 millions dollars to do your job.

Sure you don't have to perform if it's your wife. What if you hired a $1000 dollar hooker, are you going to let her off the hook if she is just going through the motion?

I like Melo and I don't think he was deliberately ****ing up to get back at MDA. Sure he did not like MDA's system. It was probably a bad fit for him but Melo DID NOT underperform to sabotage MDA.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Playing against the Sixers is always a big game, tough team.

If we play well, and win, this will be one of our biggest games of the season.

Not when you are getting paid 17 millions dollars to do your job.

Sure you don't have to perform if it's your wife. What if you hired a $1000 dollar hooker, are you going to let her off the hook if she is just going through the motion?

I like Melo and I don't think he was deliberately ****ing up to get back at MDA. Sure he did not like MDA's system. It was probably a bad fit for him but Melo DID NOT underperform to sabotage MDA.

You made my point for me. Sure you wouldnt let her get away with it. It seems Melo didnt let MDA get away with anything. Things go hand in hand.

Melo was brought here to be one of the focal points. Why pay him and STAT close to $200 mill to be support players? I'd guess you'd be pissed to, no matter how much coin you made.

I once asked if MDA could get away with doing the same thing to Bron & Wade. Never did get an answer...

Once Melo told Woodson "hold me accountable".....I knew he was going to go in. Woodson is that dude to do that. You can even see a new confident and amazed look on Stats face last game. He even look impressed at himself for what he did on the boards and defensively. Lets continue to smash and crash these non believers party.:gony::gony:

I'm a Lin fan, but I don't hate on Melo or Stat, or anyone else.

People will always take sides and argue about everything,
but please don't generalize about all Lin fans or all Melo fans.

Thank you! :smokin:

go-knicks-glitter.gif

I didnt mean to generalize. My apologies to the fans that can root for Lin, Melo, STAT without disparaging one or the other...

Benchwarmer
You made my point for me. Sure you wouldnt let her get away with it. It seems Melo didnt let MDA get away with anything. Things go hand in hand.

Melo was brought here to be one of the focal points. Why pay him and STAT close to $200 mill to be support players? I'd guess you'd be pissed to, no matter how much coin you made.

I once asked if MDA could get away with doing the same thing to Bron & Wade. Never did get an answer...
As long as they don't perform like support players, as they clearly aren't since Woodson stepped in.

:smokin:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Shump needs to play huge against Lou Williams and Melo has to do the same against Andre. Our premiter defense is what will win this game. Lin can't get beat by Jrue Holiday.

Its as simple as that. Sorry I can't get more indepth.