In other news, Let's go Blazers!
as much BS as the Knicks announcers say give them credit for not blaming D'antoni for the losing streak even if him leaving was the catalyst for the Knicks winning. Loyalty to a former co-worker is a good thing.
Mike D did suck though
Bucks putting a spanking on the blazers with gooden leading in points aint looking good over there, maybe portland goes on a run
post-game note: Lin only played 29 minutes tonite, as well as Chandler.
Wood Son's substitutions are SO much better than previous coach, who
said he would "ride Lin like Secretariat". such BS.
18 pts and 10 assists in 29 minutes is fantastic!! hurray for Lin!
12 Knicks saw run tonite, altho Josh and TD only saw 3 minutes in garbage time.
I think Bud Harrellson still needs time to get back into game shape after missing 6 weeks,
but as long as Knicks are romping, it's all good.
Just got home so I missed the whole utI see Lin played really well(he'll be better under Woodson since he's not the main focus), STAT was solid, Melo didn't shoot well but I seen some comments about his ball movement and D.
If Lin, STAT, and Melo can all continue to play well the Knicks could make a good run at that 6th seed maybe even 5th
In terms of Xs and Os the Knicks are not doing too much different. A few more post ups and isos for Amare and Melo but that's about it. On defense I haven't seen any changes at all. The biggest difference is the energy and intensity. For whatever reason under Dantoni they were not playing this hard.
Enjoying the name "Craptors" since 2008.
Last minute of first half....... Raptors get 6-8 Linas Kleiza switched on Lin, Kleiza posts up Lin near the lane, then receives the ball, and powers to the basket. This looked like a big size mismatch for an easy shot, but Lin gets a hand on the ball and the shot falls way short. (I think he got credit for the block.)
I said it before, I'll say it again, I LOVE Jeremy Lin's defense. He shut down Jose Calderon as well. Calderon scored 7 of his 11 points during a brief stretch early in the 4th quarter while Lin was on the bench.
Another win for our KNICKS, albeit vs the crappy Raptors. However the Knicks lost plenty of games vs bad teams with Damnphony at the helm. Hell, we were one of those bad, sub .500 teams. True measuring stick tonight vs the Sixers.....
Just watching the game now (currently 2 quarters through). A few thoughts.
1. The Knicks should utilise their 'bigs' to the max against top teams who have no presence in the paint. Stoudamire and Chandler should be our main target men against teams like Miami, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, Philly, etc.
2. Lin's defence vs Calderon was exceptional. He didn't do a very good job against him last time we played them; this time round, minus a couple of screens he got caught up in and didn't recover, he really was in his face.
3. Stoudamire is on the up. He's been showing signs of improvement for a good month now (even while we were losing) and I believe it will not be long until we see some consistency from him. He's even trying to defend these days (still not enough though)
4. Though Anthony has improved his outlook on team play, and defence significantly in the past 4 games, he needs to start dropping more shots. It will be vital in the post-season if we make the playoffs.
5. We need Davis to come back asap. Lin can't be requested to play 40+ minutes again, and we don't appear to have a backup. Even when Bibby was on he looked more like a SG than a PG.
6. Is Woodson attempting to re-introduce Douglas into the team? Or was it a token gesture?
1. our frontcourt is still "the best in the NBA" we should utilize it as our main attack always, not just against top teams. good habits breed wins.
2. Lin's defense is steady improving and was pretty good to start. As he is learning to get around those screens things are getting better. T.O. is not a great team at setting screens tho and I see him getting beat up by teams like the heat because of their big bodies that excel at screening. If he continues to improve there is no reason he can't be considered a top defensive PG.
3. I've been saying this for a few weeks now. STAT is beasting. his 22 and 12 tonight were just a sign of things to come. He is playing MUCH better defense. He rotates into the lane and at least attempts to stop the drive. Having tyson there has made a huge difference to his defensive game. On offense his pop is getting better, his shot has been falling and he's looking for and getting the ball closer to the basket. All signs that he is maturing as a player and allowing his game to evolve to the elite low post scorer that we all know he can be.
4. Melo needs to keep shooting and keep his confidence up. last night was rough for him but he's not taking bad shots. I do enjoy seeing him pass the ball. I watched one great play down the stretch where he faked out his defender and passed to stat under the basket, who didn't finish. It was a great team play and shows that melo is ready to assume a role as a team player and can defer when there is a better play to be made, something he has been accused of greatly.
5. a good back up PG is important but Lin is young and seems to be well conditioned to the NBA game already. I don't want us to rush back Davis as we need him to be healthy more then back in for he next few games. Having Lin play under 30 minutes is a great way to keep his legs fresh though and he is very efficient with his floor time.
6. Garbage time minutes, but he wouldn't have gotten them with MDA. His confidence is shot and he didn't look good out there. turnover, bad pull up jumper when he had a lane to drive. I did see him take it to the hole on one play and made the basket so I can see he still has a value and could resurface, but he's got a lot of work to do if tonight's minutes were any indication of where his head is at and where is shot is. I think getting Jorts back into game condition is paramount to our future success. I think we have an answer to any STAT injuries with him and our other forwards, but we rely on 20+ points out of the position and out of Jorts/jefferies/jordan only jorts really has that potential. It's good to see him on the floor again but he doesn't look as comfortable as he did before the injury.