View Poll Results: Which schedule seems to be the easiest?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knicks

    3 12.50%
  • Celtics

    1 4.17%
  • Sixers

    2 8.33%
  • Bucks

    18 75.00%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 215

Thread: Remaining Schedule:Knicks, Celitcs, and Sixers

  1. #91
    Member c0leworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    I actually disagree with this.. i think we have a better chance facing the Heat, who have been very inconsistent lately..
    If we'll have STAT and Jeffries back by 1st round, with Melo continuing to play his game, then we should want to face the Heat, unless the Bulls are minus Rose.
    Except the Heat WON'T be inconsistent come playoffs.

    Bucks are 1 game behind us. Knicks need to step up and win.

    Pacers 3rd seed? ridiculous we destroyed that team

  2. #92
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    And? Recently we've show we're able to beat higher seeds on a regular basis, Indiana (twice), Philly, Orlando, so what's the big deal? Seriously folks, show some trust in this squad, because if you can count, count on yourself and don't look at what others are doing.
    We've also shown that we can fold like we did in Indiana.

    That's too nonchalant. Winners know their enemy - The Art Of War.

    And besides, to say that we, as fans, needn't keep track on our biggest threat - separate to the players - doesn't really mean a lot.

  3. #93
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Playoffs??

    I do not mean to be negative, but I believe we have a better chance of missing the playoffs than moving up from the 8th seed. It is Orlando tonight and then two with Chicago. Milwaukee has much easier going. Milwaukee is likely to pass us over the next three games.

    Perhaps this is blasphemy, but given our injuries we will not go far in the playoffs even if we make them. Perhaps we are better off in the long run missing the playoffs this year.

    Although we have top 5 protection in the lottery this year, it is effectively only top 3 protected. Our chances of one of the top three is small, but because there will be three separate drawings, it will probably be something in the 8 to 10% area for one of those picks. That is not terrible. This year the draft is loaded and I fully expect we will make the playoffs next year.

  4. #94
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    I do not mean to be negative, but I believe we have a better chance of missing the playoffs than moving up from the 8th seed. It is Orlando tonight and then two with Chicago. Milwaukee has much easier going. Milwaukee is likely to pass us over the next three games.

    Perhaps this is blasphemy, but given our injuries we will not go far in the playoffs even if we make them. Perhaps we are better off in the long run missing the playoffs this year.

    Although we have top 5 protection in the lottery this year, it is effectively only top 3 protected. Our chances of one of the top three is small, but because there will be three separate drawings, it will probably be something in the 8 to 10% area for one of those picks. That is not terrible. This year the draft is loaded and I fully expect we will make the playoffs next year.
    WE are not getting a top 5 pick, so forget about that. Why miss the playoffs when at least we have a long shot at an upset? I'd rather play so our young guys can get some playoff experience and it gives Woodson more time to prove himself to be a good fit for us. I really wanna see how he coaches the team in a series.

  5. #95
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    WE are not getting a top 5 pick, so forget about that. Why miss the playoffs when at least we have a long shot at an upset? I'd rather play so our young guys can get some playoff experience and it gives Woodson more time to prove himself to be a good fit for us. I really wanna see how he coaches the team in a series.

    Also the playoffs are a whole new season. Its a brand new begininng.

  6. #96
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    I do not mean to be negative, but I believe we have a better chance of missing the playoffs than moving up from the 8th seed. It is Orlando tonight and then two with Chicago. Milwaukee has much easier going. Milwaukee is likely to pass us over the next three games.

    Perhaps this is blasphemy, but given our injuries we will not go far in the playoffs even if we make them. Perhaps we are better off in the long run missing the playoffs this year.

    Although we have top 5 protection in the lottery this year, it is effectively only top 3 protected. Our chances of one of the top three is small, but because there will be three separate drawings, it will probably be something in the 8 to 10% area for one of those picks. That is not terrible. This year the draft is loaded and I fully expect we will make the playoffs next year.
    Why do you say it's only top 3 protected???

  7. #97
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Also the playoffs are a whole new season. Its a brand new begininng.
    No it's not.. having to play MIA or CHI at least 4 games in a row isn't a brand new beginning... its more like a near ending...

  8. #98
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Top 5 to Top 3

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Why do you say it's only top 3 protected???
    Once the top 3 picks are drawn, there is no further drawing. The remaining order reflects the relative standings. iI we do not make the playoffs, we will have the second, third or fourth best record among non-playoff teams. Thus if we do not get into the top 3, we will be somewhere around 13th or 14th. We cannot possibly be number 4 or number 5 given our current record and very likely final record.

  9. #99
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Playoff Race Update:

    Knicks are:

    2.5 games behind Philly
    3 games behind Celtics*
    4 games behind Hawks
    4 games behind Magic

    1.5 games ahead of Bucks


    Games Left:

    Knicks - 11
    76ers - 12
    Celtics -13*
    Hawks - 11
    Magic - 11
    Bucks - 12

    Celtics are tied at 63 with the Bulls late in the 3rd quarter

  10. #100
    Member Nyknicks141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bay Ridge, Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Playoff Race Update:

    Knicks are:

    2.5 games behind Philly
    3 games behind Celtics*
    4 games behind Hawks
    4 games behind Magic

    1.5 games ahead of Bucks


    Games Left:

    Knicks - 11
    76ers - 12
    Celtics -13*
    Hawks - 11
    Magic - 11
    Bucks - 12

    Celtics are tied at 63 with the Bulls late in the 3rd quarter
    Knicks are now 2.5 games behind the Celtics with the loss to Chicago.

  11. #101
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    2.5 games behind the Celtics with one game left against the Celdicks.

    Damn, this is good news. I'd love to be able to go up against a team like Indiana in the first round.

  12. #102
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    These last 11 games will be absolutely crazy on how they effect us.

    I hope they give us everything they got!


  13. #103
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    No it's not.. having to play MIA or CHI at least 4 games in a row isn't a brand new beginning... its more like a near ending...
    Any playoff series is a new beginning bro. You can think the way you want, I just hope our players have more confidence than you do. (It has been done before) Even with injuries and losing the greatest Knick in Patrick Ewing for most of it. The playoffs is a whole new season, for any true basketball fan.

  14. #104
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,780
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    without Rose we have a good chance against the Bulls....

  15. #105
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,641
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Amare is needed for that series.......Boozer cannot guard him....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •