Knicks @ Craptors - Friday March 23 @ 7:00pm. 6 in a row!

+ Rep Poll: How many blocks will STAT have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokes

Huge Member
That's what can't happen if we expect to compete with the elite teams. Teams like the bulls, thunder, heat, magic, etc just don't lose to a team like the raptors period! Let alone by 20 points

Yes they do, sorry you're talking nonsense!

Why are Toronto even in the league?

We need a big win tomorrow to put this blip behind us. The ref was Toronto's best player by far. MVP-like game.

Toronto was my home town, born in Canada and I DON"t see why the country/city has to be brought up.

Raptors played hard, and just because some of you are so ignorant, I'm happy they won. They deserved it.

And I'm NOT even a raptors fan.

knicksin60

Starter
I remember watching in old interview of Carmelo Anthony in which he stated that the only coach he gets motivated to play for is Lala.

kinein

Benchwarmer
My thoughts were as they have been before : when Lin is removed from the game and doesn't get time to establish a rhythm or aggressively attack the opposing team over the course of a game - our offense begins to stagger. Our bench is capable when it can hit shots - to do great things but it felt like this 3/23/12 raptors came mainly focused on giving Baron Davis impact minutes. When Lin finally did come back into the game at the end - it was mainly garbage time, and he was taken out shortly when Woodson realized it was too late for Lin to change the game - especially with Jr Smiths costly 2 turnovers for easy scores in less than 10 seconds. (JR Smith has done this before.. he shouldn't be a primary ball handler)

* everyone seemed to be out of it - chandler wasn't ready or able to score
* Amare missed alley-oops showed he was out of it - butter fingers as well
* Melo could not really hit any shot outside of 3 feet

The entire team was a little off.

Landry Fields should not be allowed to shoot 3's until he practices his shooting.

* I think the day-off really hurt the team - they need to at least have shooting practice.

Lin - should be given 40-45+ minutes in tough games - not 20 real minutes and a few extra garbage minutes.
* The team shouldn't ignore him. There were minutes that went by where he didnt touch the ball for a few posessions.

The guy can create shots for his teammates.

Woodson largely ignored the Lin/Novak connection in this game.

Felt like Jeremy Lin needed to be forced onto center-stage. In crunch time - the guys with the best 4th quarter mental-toughness need to be on stage. JR Smith has issues under pressure.

Summary:

Off-night for the whole team, day off was not wise.
Baron Davis getting a huge chunk of impact minutes 2nd and 3rd quarters - sticking Lin back in TOO LATE - then realizing it was too late for Lin to do much, especially with JR SMITHs comeback killing turnovers.
* I'd have to say that Woodson didn't notice the BD issue from the last game. Finally experimented or got to give BD serious minutes when it was most important, it blew up in his face
* Lin off the court hurts the team a lot. Lin/Novak connection needs to be exploited. Seems like we moved too far away from Knicks strengths concerning whose on the court - at the same time - for key periods in the game.

knicksin60

Starter
I always thought that if D'antoni really wants to get pay back on Melo and the Knicks he should ask for the Toronto coaching job after this season. I'm sure he is certain that the Raptors are a team that gives a 200% effort on both ends of the floor when they play the Knicks.

KingofNy

Starter
Well it looks like the old Knicks are back. I've never seen an NBA team shoot that bad. What a disgrace! I can only remember the Knicks hitting about 3 shots not in the paint.

On top of that they were lazy on D, not moving without the ball, not fighting through screens, throwing lazy a$$ passes, not boxing out and giving up on D. They went back to switching almost every damn time as well. Total crap. I hope this game is a wakeup call to them. This was our chance to get back over .500 and we get blown out by a crappy Raptors team that couldn't hit a shot.

Instead of goofing around 10 hours before the game, maybe our team should be out shooting the basketball trying to improve their shots and win games. I'm so frustrated if you can't tell.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
My thoughts were as they have been before : when Lin is removed from the game and doesn't get time to establish a rhythm or aggressively attack the opposing team over the course of a game - our offense begins to stagger. Our bench is capable when it can hit shots - to do great things but it felt like this 3/23/12 raptors came mainly focused on giving Baron Davis impact minutes. When Lin finally did come back into the game at the end - it was mainly garbage time, and he was taken out shortly when Woodson realized it was too late for Lin to change the game - especially with Jr Smiths costly 2 turnovers for easy scores in less than 10 seconds. (JR Smith has done this before.. he shouldn't be a primary ball handler)

* everyone seemed to be out of it - chandler wasn't ready or able to score
* Amare missed alley-oops showed he was out of it - butter fingers as well
* Melo could not really hit any shot outside of 3 feet

The entire team was a little off.

Landry Fields should not be allowed to shoot 3's until he practices his shooting.

* I think the day-off really hurt the team - they need to at least have shooting practice.

Lin - should be given 40-45+ minutes in tough games - not 20 real minutes and a few extra garbage minutes.
* The team shouldn't ignore him. There were minutes that went by where he didnt touch the ball for a few posessions.

The guy can create shots for his teammates.

Woodson largely ignored the Lin/Novak connection in this game.

Felt like Jeremy Lin needed to be forced onto center-stage. In crunch time - the guys with the best 4th quarter mental-toughness need to be on stage. JR Smith has issues under pressure.

Summary:

Off-night for the whole team, day off was not wise.
Baron Davis getting a huge chunk of impact minutes 2nd and 3rd quarters - sticking Lin back in TOO LATE - then realizing it was too late for Lin to do much, especially with JR SMITHs comeback killing turnovers.
* I'd have to say that Woodson didn't notice the BD issue from the last game. Finally experimented or got to give BD serious minutes when it was most important, it blew up in his face
* Lin off the court hurts the team a lot. Lin/Novak connection needs to be exploited. Seems like we moved too far away from Knicks strengths concerning whose on the court - at the same time - for key periods in the game.
THIS ASSESSMENT WAS RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

Woodson's simplified rotations work well when the Knicks are leading or the game is close, but needs to up the minutes of the best players when things are not going so well.

By the way, has anyone noticed that Lin held Calderon to ZERO FGs in that game? (His only two points were scored with Lin on the bench.)

Kiyaman

Legend
Dude, this was because of the matchups. Philly was going small, so Woody did as well....And it worked. He did this on purpose, not because the players fell out of favor with him.

What was u sayin?

The "16-25" first Quarter....proved my point.
Or would u like the 17-31 3rd qtr., or the 1 fg a piece from Chandler/Fields

knicksin60

Starter
Well it looks like the old Knicks are back. I've never seen an NBA team shoot that bad. What a disgrace! I can only remember the Knicks hitting about 3 shots not in the paint.

On top of that they were lazy on D, not moving without the ball, not fighting through screens, throwing lazy a$$ passes, not boxing out and giving up on D. They went back to switching almost every damn time as well. Total crap. I hope this game is a wakeup call to them. This was our chance to get back over .500 and we get blown out by a crappy Raptors team that couldn't hit a shot.

Instead of goofing around 10 hours before the game, maybe our team should be out shooting the basketball trying to improve their shots and win games. I'm so frustrated if you can't tell.

Yeah, they probably thought that since they beat the Raptors a few nights ago that they could beat them today without giving half the effort. Or they probably thought that since they gained a half a game in the standings yesterday that they were already guarenteed a playoff spot.

cheapandcheerful

Benchwarmer

sound like a really bad game :barf:

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Went on beer run, came back, read shit. Sky ain't falling yet bitches. Redemption is a few hours away.
Yes, tonight sucked. Yes, we lost. Yes, I'm banged up. Yes, you all bitch too much.

Like I posted earlier, yet have no desire to research. What's our Fri Night Knicks record?

Don't know 'bout you boys, but Friday is "loaf" day...and we obliged....again. F u c K U, Robert Randolph.

KingofNy

Starter
Went on beer run, came back, read shit. Sky ain't falling yet bitches. Redemption is a few hours away.
Yes, tonight sucked. Yes, we lost. Yes, I'm banged up. Yes, you all bitch too much.

Like I posted earlier, yet have no desire to research. What's our Fri Night Knicks record?

Don't know 'bout you boys, but Friday is "loaf" day...and we obliged....again.

Did you watch the game? I wouldn't be so confident that we're going to beat the Pistons tomorrow even if we only play half as bad as today. It's like the Knicks got comfortable and forgot everything they learned during the 5-game winning streak. Their effort on D and rebounding was bad as well. If the Raptors weren't cold in the first half we would of lost by 40+.

What made me the most mad was the tweets that came from the players before the game. Chandler posted a video of him scaring Stat and joking around. Shumpert tweeted that they all we're having the most fun EVER in Toronto. Melo posted a picture of him in a hoodie to support the Florida shooting victim. None of their heads were in the game and it showed from the very start.

bash

Benchwarmer
OT but wolves thunder just went to double ot with kd scoring a 3 love with 50 pts. fun game for a change