Knicks @ Craptors - Friday March 23 @ 7:00pm. 6 in a row!

+ Rep Poll: How many blocks will STAT have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoolClyde

I put it down to an off night. No team can will every game. We had a dirty, dirty night with Turnovers, Poor Shooting, Poor Refs from what i have been reading etc. You cant win em all i suppose !

Phil Jackson was quoted saying when the Bulls won 72 games in a season that "We want to go on winning streaks , winning 5 - 6 in a row, and then when you lose a game, put it behind you , forget about it and get on another mini winning streak straight away. "

This is a good philosophy to have. Win 5 - 6 in a row, eventually you will have a bad game and lose but put it behind you and get on with business straight away !

And this is what we have to do. Come back hard and beat Pistons and the Bucks in the next two and get back on another winning streak !

Cheers and Good Night New York City !

:agreed:
totally agree with you Wian, and a great Phil Jackson quote!

Cheers!

CoolClyde

btw, did anyone notice how HUGE the Raptors lineup was at any given time?
like, 4 players 6'10" plus on the court. Bargmagiani, Grey, James/Amir Johnson, Ed Davis...
even Kleiza's 6'8". huge dino-squad! wtf?

nyk_nyk

All Star
What a terrible performance by the Knicks, played like shit on both ends of the floor.

Couldn't make a ****ing shot on offense and allowed too many layups, dunks and free throws on defense.

Is the burst of energy from D'Antoni's resignment gone and they're back to their normal -shit- level?

If they want to be a top team they gotta bring it every damn night, especially against bad teams like Toronto....

by bye Atlantic Division Title. Home court is gone, we gave it away last night.

There's still 18 games to play. Calm down.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
But as I have stated several times in the past, the offense starts to stagnate with Lin off the floor - its not necessarily about him shooting as much as - 1. his defense - which I have gone to some lengths to note many times 2. his ball movement 3. aggression and drawing opposing teams coverage 4. his ability to crush the spirit of the opposing team (see 76ers give up video) 5. he creates shots for teammates 6. he looks for the hot hand 7. he is fearless 8. huge clutch gene etc etc etc :D 9. the guy just steps it up as the game progresses, as he gets comfortable. 10. he figures it out - if given the chance over the course of a game - giving him maybe 20 minutes of which mainly come from 1st quarter

But Lin was NOT creating on offense last night. Raptors were daring him to shoot the ball and Lin couldn't buy a basket on wide-open looks. Knicks didn't lose because Lin wasn't allowed to run the offense.

kinein

Benchwarmer
But Lin was NOT creating on offense last night. Raptors were daring him to shoot the ball and Lin couldn't buy a basket on wide-open looks. Knicks didn't lose because Lin wasn't allowed to run the offense.

But Lin was NOT creating on offense last night.
-_-I didn't say he wasn't allowed to run the offense, nor do I want to go and copy & paste all the shots teammates took that didn't go down.

Raptors were daring him to shoot the ball and Lin couldn't buy a basket on wide-open looks.
They were daring the entire Knicks team to shoot the ball.

* They had an off-night. Most everyone could not hit. I think I've said this maybe 8-9 times already. I fail to see why you keep asking me to repeat myself.
* BUT KEY PT: While everyone was shooting - Lin took little to no shots. JR Smith whom shines in garbage time - shot more.
- I am highlighting this as commentary and observation, that is the main purpose - can't change the outcome of the game, also for those interested in how we could have won or why we lost - this helps to highlight undercurrents within the knicks organization and where Woodson was going with his gameplan and decisions - with that game.

Knicks didn't lose because Lin wasn't allowed to run the offense.
I'll make myself clear - Knicks lost because they had a off-night as a team.
* I'm not discussing "running an offense"

My point is Lin was removed from the game and limited in his time. By the time he was re-inserted, he was given the task of managing a blow-out.

Based on his 3 shots in the 2nd half - he wasn't trying to score - which is unnatural.

You have to chalk it up to coaching that he only took 6 shots in the 1st half and 3 in the 2nd - of 26 "official minutes"

+ when he was reinserted into a blow-out in progress.
no shots by lin his entire time on the floor because he was moving the ball to teammates whom all were missing for the entire time he was inserted back into the lineup.
* Lin is at fault for not shooting & attacking - as much as the Coach is at fault for not telling him he should shoot/attack - as much as his teammates are as fault for their defensive failures and inability to find points, including: inability to hit free throws.
* Everyone takes a piece of the pie.

* 2-3 minutes his teammates ignored him entirely when they were on the offensive side.
* He was taken out wit the team only down 7pts - stuck back in when over the 3rd into the 4th the Raptors continued to build momentum and more than double their lead.
* We will never know how the game could have changed if Lin played 40 minutes vs 26 minutes. Of which - 2nd half minutes came when the coach stuck him back in to try to salvage a team that only continued to fall-behind.

I already posted the shooting #s of his teammates during that stretch he was re-inserted to try to stop the bleeding as it had started to go into full blown tank-mode.

*last post on raptors knicks ~ time for detroit!

Last edited: