Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eating crow and loving it

Bench getting a lot of hate, but if you remember this team turned it around with out bench guys in the game. In fact, the only three guys last night for NY with a positive plus/minus were off our bench (Harrellson, Jeffries, Bibby). Of course, this is skewed - but I honestly think if you thought the bench was bad last night you really weren't watching.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    LBJ consistently got out of the first round and into the finals once with himself and a bunch of scrubs as good as what we have now.

Not saying losing is Melo's fault as much as it shows Melo ain't on LeBron's superstar level.
    I would check your facts there. Delonte West, Antwian Jamison, Z,and Boobi weren't scrubs. And the Celtics Big Three were always better than the Big One Bron. That is what happened to Melo last night. Why is no one blaming punk-a$$ STAT for watching from the BENCH with that ridiculous cast on????

Bench getting a lot of hate, but if you remember this team turned it around with out bench guys in the game. In fact, the only three guys last night for NY with a positive plus/minus were off our bench (Harrellson, Jeffries, Bibby). Of course, this is skewed - but I honestly think if you thought the bench was bad last night you really weren't watching.
    Oh no doubt, that was the most exciting part of the game. But it was also against Miami's bench, and if you were also watching carefully, you would have noticed that Miller, Jones, and Joel, gave Miami a collective helping of nothing.

James Jones finding his way onto the court for 5 minutes is a failure, in and of itself.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I would check your facts there. Delonte West, Antwian Jamison, Z,and Boobi weren't scrubs. And the Celtics Big Three were always better than the Big One Bron. That is what happened to Melo last night. Why is no one blaming punk-a$$ STAT for watching from the BENCH with that ridiculous cast on????
    Z isn't as good as Chandler.

Jamison only got there for LBJ's last playoff run in 2010 - when LBJ quit on the team.

I don't think West and Boobie are markedly better guys than what we have now.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Oh no doubt, that was the most exciting part of the game. But it was also against Miami's bench, and if you were also watching carefully, you would have noticed that Miller, Jones, and Joel, gave Miami a collective helping of nothing.

James Jones finding his way onto the court for 5 minutes is a failure, in and of itself.
    Well for part of the time it was (which is why I said the numbers were skewed). But there were def. times Wade and/or James were out there with our bench guys.

FWIW I noticed a lot more passion in the rebounding game and on the defensive end when Jeffries entered the game. I think we went on a 9-0 run when he got in.

I know Jamison and Delonte weren't there when they went to the Finals, but the rest were. Yea, I wouldn't say a cast of Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Boobi Gibson, Andy Varejao, and Big Z in 2007 was exactly the same as what the Knicks have right now.

I know Jamison and Delonte weren't there when they went to the Finals, but the rest were. Yea, I wouldn't say a cast of Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Boobi Gibson, Andy Varejao, and Big Z in 2007 was exactly the same as what the Knicks have right now.
    Besides Varejao how many of them were truly effective after LBJ wasn't there? Or they left LBJ?

Veteran

Z isn't as good as Chandler.

Jamison only got there for LBJ's last playoff run in 2010 - when LBJ quit on the team.

I don't think West and Boobie are markedly better guys than what we have now.
    C'mon you had for account for Z on the offensive end and Twan was a big time scorer. I would watch some of that old tape before I commit to any of that. And your little equation can't account for defense or fatigue. You got the god-father Pat Riley overseeing things in the luxury box. Remember Pat??? Architect of the great Knick defenses of the 90's??? So he sent 2-3 premier NBA defenders at Melo to harass and get the ball out of his hands. Every shot Melo managed to get off was contested and Riles kept fresh legs on him and unleashed a fresh Bron in the 4th quarter to finish wearing Melo out by attrition . This stuff is pretty simple actually, but you have to get out of the lab and play a little to understand it.

C'mon you had for account for Z on the offensive end and Twan was a big time scorer. I would watch some of that old tape before I commit to any of that. And your little equation can't account for defense or fatigue. You got the god-father Pat Riley overseeing things in the luxury box. Remember Pat??? Architect of the great Knick defenses of the 90's??? So he sent 2-3 premier NBA defenders at Melo to harass and get the ball out of his hands. Every shot Melo managed to get off was contested and Riles kept fresh legs on him and unleashed a fresh Bron in the 4th quarter to finish wearing Melo out by attrition . This stuff is pretty simple actually, but you have to get out of the lab and play a little to understand it.
    Give credit where credits due.

1) Bron was fresh in the 4th b/c he had to sit b/c of foul trouble in the third.

2) Spo is a darn good coach (I've said it over and over).

3) Your post is irrelevant to what I said, but of course you are deflecting to try and insult me.

4) Twan was a big-time scorer, at one point - but again he wasn't there for the title run. Only the short-lived playoff run of 2010. Bron did it with Hughes and Boobie.

Veteran

I am talking about Bron's entire stay in Cleveland. Guys came and went but small-market, midwest cheapness kept the Cavs from bringing another star or two to provide real help. That's why Lebron left. Without Shump our bench is terrible. Novak couldn't even get the ball out of his hands with that slow, wind-up release and JR is too steaky. He can and will shoot you out of a game. And Bibby??? We were fortunate he actually broke out of his slump and hit a couple. It is an indication of how bad you are depleted when Harrelson gets to remove his warm-ups in a must win game.

Veteran

Give credit where credits due.

1) Bron was fresh in the 4th b/c he had to sit b/c of foul trouble in the third.

2) Spo is a darn good coach (I've said it over and over).

3) Your post is irrelevant to what I said, but of course you are deflecting to try and insult me.

4) Twan was a big-time scorer, at one point - but again he wasn't there for the title run. Only the short-lived playoff run of 2010. Bron did it with Hughes and Boobie.
    Naw its relevant all right. Bron got to sit and chill with those four fouls the entire 3rd quarter cause you still have Wade and Bosh. Spo is a pinoy-boy from right here in Chicago who ended up in the film room in Miami. Maybe he let Riles bang his sister to get the job but best believe Riles is still running things. If Spo was a good coach with Miami's talent they would have a record like those old Bulls teams. And Hughes and Boobi were big time streak shooters and Twan is still with the Cavs banging. Remember when Twan came out Carolina fans thought he was better and more rounded than Vinsanity.And Mike Brown coached them all up. HE is a better coach than Spo and doing great with the Lakers. Your revisionist history is funny. You must have been reading your hoops books instead of watching those games.

Naw its relevant all right. Bron got to sit and chill with those four fouls the entire 3rd quarter cause you still have Wade and Bosh. Spo is a pinoy-boy from right here in Chicago who ended up in the film room in Miami. Maybe he let Riles bang his sister to get the job but best believe Riles is still running things. If Spo was a good coach with Miami's talent they would have a record like those old Bulls teams. And Hughes and Boobi were big time streak shooters and Twan is still with the Cavs banging. Remember when Twan came out Carolina fans thought he was better and more rounded than Vinsanity.And Mike Brown coached them all up. HE is a better coach than Spo and doing great with the Lakers. Your revisionist history is funny. You must have been reading your hoops books instead of watching those games.
    Yes I remember when Antawn Jamison came out of Carolina and fans thought he was better than Vinsanity. What does that have to do with anything? I remember when people thought Darko Milicic would be good. How is that at all relevant?

I also disagree that "if" Spo was a good coach they would approach the Chicago Bulls 1996 numbers. Bulls had a special team that year, listen to any of the guys talk about it. Jordan was a special breed of player who demanded the most out of his teammates, **** if they "liked" him, he didn't care as long as they won games. Wade and Bron are boys, and I don't think either is as driven or motivated as Jordan was. Plus they had one of the best coaches of this generation, I don't think Spo is that.

And I didn't say you couldn't sit Bron b/c you had Wade and Bosh. I said LeBron sitting and then being fresh in the fourth wasn't some part of a master plan. If LeBron could have been out there with three fouls, he would've been - to put the nail in our coffin a little sooner.

Veteran

Just give this team and coaching staff one good year and they will be in the mix. Let them do one real year together they will smash the heat and anyone else...take aware all the detractions and injuries we will be good. I'm tired of all these trades and coaching changing sh!t. We got something promising to work with right now.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Just give this team and coaching staff one good year and they will be in the mix. Let them do one real year together they will smash the heat and anyone else...take aware all the detractions and injuries we will be good. I'm tired of all these trades and coaching changing sh!t. We got something promising to work with right now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    whats promising........we still have not seem Melo and Stat gel.......
    The most important move is not getting rid of Woodson due to his ability but rather getting a proven Champion in Phil Jackson and let him take the knicks as they are now to the next level.
    If we do not make that move we will do better next season but end up just like Woodsons Hawks did...NOT CHAMPIONS