Sprewell adjusts to aging body

newmove

Rotation player
34-year-old still produces but knows limitations

BY MIKE WELLS

GRAND FORKS, N.D. - The chest thumping and strong playoff performance last season were reminiscent of his days with Golden State. The spots of gray in his goatee and inability to dunk over opponents like he used to, however, remind you that Latrell Sprewell is 34 years old.

"I think I have my days," he said. "Some days you get up and feel good. Some days you feel 34. It just depends. I can't jump like I used to, but I just go out there.

"It's a thing where you're reacting. You're not thinking; you just play. Your body is only going to allow you to do so much anyway. You're still going hard, thinking you're attacking the basket the same way, you're not up as high, so you just finish however you can."
>>>

nyfan33

Rookie
Yeah, Spree was one of my faves even before he joined the Knicks, but he's too inconsistent these days - must be the age thing.

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah, I agree. He was and he still is one of my faves aand I wish him all best with his team but it seems to me one-two more years and he's done. He's done so much for the Knicks organization and I'm thankfull to God he's given us a chance to have such a great player on our team.