What do you take from the latest win streak?

jzero29

Rotation player
with prior win streak of 7(begin lin) and 2 lossing streaks of 6 pre lin, 6 post lin.
what do you make of this 5 game win streak, post D'Antoni?

It's been so hard to get a read on this team. I love the way they're playing, but I also loved the way they played when Lin took over. then they hit a 6 game skid?
Will Woodson make them more consistent?

I'm assuming they will win against toronto and detroit. hoping they can win a couple big games coming up against Milwake, Orlando and Atlanta.
I would like to see them get a win against Miami, chicago or orlando...likely playoff match ups.
The two wins vs Indy were a good sign. but the knicks have been bad against playoff competition.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like what I saw, during the winning streak.

Anthony and Stoudemire played as part of a big 4 with Chandler and Lin, instead of dominating the basketball like they were doing under Antoni.

Mike Woodson really knows how to get the most out of his players. This team is good enough to get to the Eastern Conference Finals next year. The question is will Stoudemire and Anthony improve their conditioning for next year, or will they settle for mediocrity as they have for 90% of this season?

Next year, this is the production this team is capable of, IF Anthony and Stoudemire get in shape.

PG Lin 18 points, 8 assists, 1.5 steals
SG Shumpert 12 points, 1.5 steals
SF Anthony 22 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds
PF Stoudemire 20 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists
C Chandler 12 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks

Bench: Fields, Smith, Novak, Davis, Harrelson or Jeffries

Kiyaman

Legend
Jared Jefferies Team-Leadership....Outstanding!!!

Real Talk....We won every game this season when Jefferies got 24+ minutes of playintime

Jefferies deserved all the bashing he received back in the daze....our Knicks oponents
never defended Jefferies, a wide open Jefferies missing 9 out of 10 open layups, and
never getting the rebound deserved all the bashing he got.

Our poor coaching-staff back then deserved more bashing for being so damn clueless
on how to put the right complimentary players in a lineup so they can motivate each
other (Mike Woodson seem to be having that problem now with lineups of a 32+ minute Stat/Melo).

Jefferies veteran experience is paying off big-time, especially when u add Jefferies in a
lineup with two other defensive-players (Chandler/Fields/Shump), any of the two highlighted
players in a lineup with Jefferies gives the Knicks "STOPS", Jefferies player/coach leadership
has been contagious in the defensive department this season, especially during the
Lin-Sanity era, and Mike Woodson 5 game win streak.

Headcoach Woody better open his eyes to notice....Jefferies-Team-Leadership has
been accepted by the majority of the Knicks roster....Jefferies 24 minutes has 5 players
putting 100% energy on defense for 24 minutes...
applause.gif
applause.gif
applause.gif
applause.gif

speechless-smiley-040.gif

knickscity

Benchwarmer
When the team puts in the effort on defense, they can win alot of games.

When they don't, they lose like they did to the Raptors.

Just that simple.

tiger0330

Legend
I take nothing from the win streak, I wish I could but that loss in Toronto makes you wonder. The team can't seem to get over .500, had a chance to get to .500 against a weak team and again came up short.

Forrest17

Rotation player
When the team puts in the effort on defense, they can win alot of games.

When they don't, they lose like they did to the Raptors.

Just that simple.
It didn't seem to me like it was there defense that cost them that game.. Maybe in the last few minutes but they were down so much at that point only because they weren't scoring at all. They were just bricking every single shot, other than Novak.

Eman

Benchwarmer
More collective effort, good defense, good bench, Amar'e is inspired, Melo is more team oriented.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
It didn't seem to me like it was there defense that cost them that game.. Maybe in the last few minutes but they were down so much at that point only because they weren't scoring at all. They were just bricking every single shot, other than Novak.
The Knicks defense is what was triggering their offense during the win streak.

The Raptors got every single shot off that they wanted, the whole game.

When Novak came in, it was literally a basket trade, we didn't win that quarter either, it was a tie.

Kiyaman

Legend

Careless passes were made on purpose, easy shots were missed on purpose, Raptors have no inside defense, Knicks shot from the outside all game long as if Dantoni were still the headcoach.

Its not hard to see when every player "plays" as a unit to lose....we seen this done over a dozen times as Knicks-Fans, it was done to coach Larry Brown after he called a young player "delusional", we seen it done after Dolan gave Isiah an extension, we seen it done after no-suspension to Marbury for pulling a u-turn at the airport in Phoenix....its one thing to repremand a young player like Landry Fields, but when u add Tyson Chandler with him the 2nd time (benching Chandler/Fields in 4th qtr. of 76ers) when u needed their 4th qtr. STOPS (Stat & Smith provided no defense), other teammates were steering Woody down while Lin's free-throws won the 76ers game....pay back is a bitch (Woody) when u lose your winning-streak to the Craptors