NBA thinking of banning... three pointers...

newmove

Rotation player
Got the link to this article from the Allknicks.com Forums...
NBA thinking of banning 3-Pointers until end of game

Oct. 13, 2004 12:00 AM

The National Basketball Association is considering a plan to abolish the 3-point shot until the end of games to increase shooting percentages and make the sport more aesthetically pleasing.

The NBA may ban 3-pointers until there's five minutes left in the game in its development league this season, Stu Jackson, NBA senior vice president of basketball operations, said in a telephone interview. The National Basketball Development League season is scheduled to begin Nov. 19.

"We've talked about it," Jackson said. "We're wrestling with the idea." He said it was too early to tell if the NBA would change the rule.

"I don't want to jump that far ahead," he said. "It's a very radical change, certainly one that would take a great deal of time to get support if there were positive aspects."
>>>

Sounds pretty sick and stupid as for me.

newmove

Rotation player
Absolutely stupid. I mean, if they ban threes why don't they ban dunks and lay-ups? It makes any fckn sense. I thought that ligalizing zone defense was a pretty stupid decision. Now I see I was wrong since they want ban threes zone defense looks like a pretty great idea now.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
a few days ago stu said he will don´t do this so we in the next years in NBA we will not have that .
it was a bad idea ban the 3 point line.

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah, he said some like they need to test that shit bla bla bla BUT the it still remains the STUPIDEST IDEA EVER NBA could've thought of...

Bruno

Benchwarmer
yeah,in puerto rico we have the line of 4 points and here we only have the line of 2 and the line of 1 points till the stupidest thing of the final 5 minuts of the game , lol.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
no , i´m not kidding in puerto rico they have it, i thing its when you shoot in the middle of the court something like that it´s what a hear many times from one comentary of one basketball analyst in Portugal.

newmove

Rotation player
4 point line... OMG, that's sick. It's like put yo big men to collect rebs and let yo small men shoot from the mid court...
Never heard of that 4point shooting range. It sounds so wierd to me. Like 4point shot? That's crazy.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
but see your changes of making that 4 points is when the periods or something like that are ending because only a crazy player will shoot in the middle of the court but is almost right that he will not score.a game of long rebounds but this exists.

newmove

Rotation player
That's exactly what I was talking about - playing w/o threes or playing with fours is crazy.

Btw, I can shoot 7/10 jumpshots from the midcourt so I guess it would be a free ride for me to play in Puerto Rico :mrgreen:

But seriously, I don't consider playing with 4s or playing w/o 3s a smart idea.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
lol i have to agree with you .
i don´t agree with that too and how about that, put the line of the 3s a lilte more far?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The NBA should just leave well enough alone. The league is thriving, so why they feel the need to resort to such a gimmick is beyond the fans, players and owners. Just ridiculous!!!

newmove

Rotation player
Well, it's all about the money. They want players to shoot better from the field so it would make the game more exciting (?)... As for me it's stupid because threes are more exciting to watch than twos. AND it will discrease players' stats. Stupid idea.

Too bad that it's ALL about the money, they don't care about the League anyfcknmore, but the only thing they do care is how to make even more scrilla off the L.