Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021

Thread: Detroit Pistons @ New York Knicks 03.24 7:30PM

Originally Posted by smokes
    It was probably a good idea to sit Melo he had a decent third quarter let him rest on that instead of risk bringing him in garbage time and having him miss another 5 shots and lose that little bit of confidence he gained today.
    yeah Melo does not need garbage time, he's one of the best scorers in the NBA he will bounce back. I rather him ride the bench than have him in garbage time risking a injury we already had Stat and Lin go down tonight

Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo is the best scorer in the league so I have no doubt that he will get it together
    He's not the best scorer in the league, even when playing well......

If Lin is Tebow then do we really wanna put all our trust in him during the playoffs
    I would not compare Lin to Tebow......... They both have the passion to win, but Lin has a genuine chance of being a truly elite player. Whereas Tebow is a freak of nature, maybe the first great college player whose "college" skills (playing the option) have actually worked to a degree in the NFL.

People are going to pound on Lin's turnovers again....... But it's getting to the point where I don't much care if he commits them........ Lin's turnovers have not once cost the Knicks a game. (Amongst the turnovers in this game were a horrible traveling call, a questionable offensive foul call, and several mishandled passes.)

And once again, I'll ring the praises of Lin's defensive play. In this Detroit game, it wasn't his best defensive game (he got switched on Prince and got burned, and had his ankles broken by Brandon Knight on one play), but still, yet again, the man he defended, Brandon Knight in this case, had a poor offensive game.

Originally Posted by smokes
    It was probably a good idea to sit Melo he had a decent third quarter let him rest on that instead of risk bringing him in garbage time and having him miss another 5 shots and lose that little bit of confidence he gained today.
    so true

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    He's not the best scorer in the league, even when playing well......
    yes he is when on and in rhythm no one can get buckets like Melo difference is the other 2 in the conversation(Durant and Kobe) their teams actually focus their offense around them unlike here where Melo is relegated to 3rd/4th option as in Denver where Melo was THE GUY

Originally Posted by CA7
    nah what I'm saying is our team needs to establish what will make us most effective for the playoffs, there is no doubt in my mind that we WILL make the playoffs

point is Linsanity is over and over rated in every aspect our strength lies upfront where we need to utilize STAT and Melo to full effect

-fcuk Linsanity
    -fcuk Mobb Deep
    -fcuk Novakaine

come playoff time STAT/Melo/Chandler will be THE GUYS who we need to lean on to win it all

also no apologies dude I know you weren't being an ass
    So optimistic. Did you see the bucks schedule ahead?

I truly hope you're right dude but if they're still playing like they are tonight come playoffs then it'll be a repeat of last year.

*and I'm a girl.

Originally Posted by Knicksnation1

I truly hope you're right dude but if they're still playing like they are tonight come playoffs then it'll be a repeat of last year.

*and I'm a girl.
    another girl.............repped

Originally Posted by Knicksnation1

*and I'm a girl.
    Tits or gtfo!!!!!!

j/p

Or am I...

Indy put a whooping on Milwaukee. Our lead is back to a game and a half

Nice easy win. Some great plays and some inside dominance from Amar'e.

On to the Bucks!

REVENGE!

Originally Posted by CA7
    nah what I'm saying is our team needs to establish what will make us most effective for the playoffs, there is no doubt in my mind that we WILL make the playoffs

point is Linsanity is over and over rated in every aspect our strength lies upfront where we need to utilize STAT and Melo to full effect

-fcuk Linsanity
    -fcuk Mobb Deep
    -fcuk Novakaine

come playoff time STAT/Melo/Chandler will be THE GUYS who we need to lean on to win it all

This is so true I'm watching how the Knicks are playing and I like that everyone is playing well and STAT seems to be back, but this team isn't going anywhere unless Melo gets going come playoff time he is by far the most important player.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

CA7, without Lin and the bench, Knicks would be a lottery team. They've been much more important and valuable than one dimensional and inconsistent Carmelo and Amare.

Carmelo is a 6"8 guy with a "post game" shooting 39%.

Antonie Walker anyone?

I'm sick and tired of Carmelosexuality, it needs to go.

Linsanity was a positive movement that represented the Knicks being a team from down under to come above the surface and that they compete in the NBA.

Melo is taking about 19 shots a game per 36, thats his career average per 36...only difference Melo only makes 7 of those shots, and misses 12 per game.

Why do we want to put responsibility into a guy who misses 12 shots a game, inconsistently plays defense and has a lot of a step?

We don't. We doesn't equate to winning.

And, I'm posting this here since it's a clip from the Piston's game.
    Okay, perhaps I have an agenda because I still think Lin is getting
    better and better with each game.

Originally Posted by CA7

-fcuk Linsanity
    -fcuk Mobb Deep
    -fcuk Novakaine

Rabid Melo Fan Alert

Thought you were a Knicks fan. You just discounted the entire team - minus Stat/Melo/Chandler. What kind of Knicks fan does this?!

At least you believe in something - though I'm glad your not part of that organization, you'd destroy that team without even trying. Toxic attitude, negativity just oooooooooozing.

Veteran

LOL.

Let's be honest without Lin, we would be headed right back to the lottery.