Congratulations, Starbury!

What do you think about Starbury's success in the CBA?

• Starbury 4 life!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • I'm a haterbury

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I have no opinion. I don't know much about Starbury.

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoolClyde

Go Steph Go

VERY HAPPY FOR STEPHON! wish I could watch the games!

just goes to show, Starbury always had the skills, and a lot left in the tank; he was just what the Knicks needed when he was stuck in the Macaroni doghouse... but due to our holier-than-thou shitstache coach, Starbury remained benched and paid $20Million for doing nothing.

May Starbury lead his Beijing boppers to the promised land, and Antoni rot in unemployment hell.
:2cents:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Stabury's got skills. It's only a matter of time before the NBA opens up a franchise in China.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Damn... Marbury could definitely give a good 2-3 more seasons in the NBA.
I hope he comes back someday.

smokes

Huge Member
No offense but, Bonzi Wells had multiple 50pt games in China too :teeth:

Starbury had his chance with the Celtics too and couldn't do anything. At that point in his career I think his NBA time had dried up.

Perhaps now he can make a comeback.

CoolClyde

Starbury had his chance with the Celtics too and couldn't do anything. At that point in his career I think his NBA time had dried up.

true, especially since the average Chinese player is 5'5" (jk),
but you're talking backup to Celtics with Rondo vs Knicks with Duhon...
Steph only played 20 odd games with the 'dicks... whereas Knicks
absolutely blew chunks with Duhound while Steph stewed on the pine.

whatev's, i wish him lucky fortune cookie.

smokes

Huge Member
true, especially since the average Chinese player is 5'5" (jk),
but you're talking backup to Celtics with Rondo vs Knicks with Duhon...
Steph only played 20 odd games with the 'dicks... whereas Knicks
absolutely blew chunks with Duhound while Steph stewed on the pine.

whatev's, i wish him lucky fortune cookie.

But it was partly his fault. He refused to negotiate on a lower buyout and that cost him half a season of PT.

There's definitely worse PG's in the NBA than Starbury although we have seen a LOT of good PG's come out of the woodwork this year. I could see him getting 12 minutes in the NBA. If he wanted to come back.

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
I was a little intrigue about this.

Went to Wikipedia and look up the CBA. Basically the Bayi Rockets and the Southern Tigers own the league in terms of CBA Final Championship.

So it's kinda great to hear that Starbury is leading his team (the Beijing Ducks) to their first appearance. Congrats!

He should do some networking, hook up with the right people, and he could probably buy a CBA team too (like Yao Ming) and end up making more money than most NBA players. China, business-wise, and after all, IS the final frontier.

Buy the team early, buy cheap,.....'cause you know the NBA wants in/expand on the Chinese market.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend

Marbury never had a chance in Boston, he never attended training camp or got to gel with that team, it was Rondo's job not to lose.

clumsy

Rotation player
Starbury is bigger than Jeremy Lin in China according to my dad who lives there. Glad to see his talents were finally appreciated and not scrutinized. Beyond basketball he was always a good dude, so good for him.

KingCharles34

All Star
The year KG was hurt and didnt play, Starbury had a playoff game against the Magic where he sparked a boston comeback, he was the only reason why that series went as long as it did. He also played very good defense for the Celtpricks

tiger0330

Legend
Congrats to Steph for winning his ring but even more respect to him for being a great ambassador for America and the game in China.

CoolClyde

congratulations getting that golden urinal Chinabury!

good for Steph, kissing the crap outta that sh*tty trophy!

starbury_urinal.jpg

cheers!