Amare Back Monday...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@knickerbocka176: Woody said Amare's being checked day-to-day to see how his body responds to the treatment he's getting and there are no indications about when he'll be available. At least that's how I understood it.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
INDIANAPOLIS ? Mike Woodson is remaining optimistic that power forward Amar'e Stoudemire will return to the lineup this month sooner rather than later.
"You never know," Woodson said on Tuesday. "He's back getting treatment now. He will be with us now, on the bench possibly. All we can do with him is take it a day at a time and see where he is physically. If he comes back and tells me he's ready to play then he'll be back in uniform and get him back on the floor."
Stoudemire, who is suffering from a bulging back disc, is expected to miss his fifth straight game on Tuesday against the Pacers. The Knicks originally said Stoudemire was out indefinitely before saying he would be sidelined anywhere from two to four weeks.
Stoudemire is traveling with the team to Indianapolis as well as his hometown or Orlando. He did not address the media Tuesday morning but was expected to speak prior to the game.
"He's day-to-day," Woodson said. "He's getting his treatment and the fact he wants to be around the team going through this process says a lot. I'm happy he is around the team. We need his support. He's a big piece of what we do. We're going to take it a day at a time and wait for him."
Jeremy Lin will not rejoin the team until they return home to play Sunday against the Chicago Bulls. The second year point guard had successful surgery on Monday to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. Woodson spoke with Lin on the telephone after the surgery was complete.
"He was a little under the anesthesia," Woodson said. "He's looking forward to getting back as soon as possible. I told him to think positive and make sure he does his rehab, that's important. If he does it right he has a chance to come back fairly quickly."
Tyson Chandler added: "I spoke to Jeremy before the surgery. He was a little drugged up yesterday so he was random texting people. They were a little drunken texts. I didn't fall victim to that. I'll reach out to him today when he should be a little more sober"

p0nder

Starter
lmao i want to know what Lin was drunk txting people! hahaha I heard he threw up during a Q&A with fans on facebook. lmao dude is a trooper.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
20-30 clueless questions before someone asked about something basketball related... those Asian bandwagoners are killing me (no offense to our Asian linsanity posters, plenty of them have brought some hoops value onto this board [not to mention we've got a pair of boobs!]).

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Too much turmoil for them to be mentally capable of challenging. That, combined with the fact that their stars are aging may well also render them physically incapable of challenging.

The Lakers thrive on turmoil bruh I'm just saying do not count them out once the playoffs start.

But as for Amare I guesss it's good Woodson is so optimistic maybe Amare is responding well to the treatment so far

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Keep Amare out until next season, the last thing we need is this guy coming back only to re-injure himself. We are stuck with STAT for 3 more seasons let him heal properly

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Keep Amare out until next season, the last thing we need is this guy coming back only to re-injure himself. We are stuck with STAT for 3 more seasons let him heal properly

Idk. I understand where your coming from. But still the way he was playing just before that injury was exciting.

The dude was efficient on offense and working his tail off on defense. With Melo seemingly out of his funk, if we get that STAT back for the playoffs, we could really make some noise.

miked1958

Rotation player
Idk. I understand where your coming from. But still the way he was playing just before that injury was exciting.

The dude was efficient on offense and working his tail off on defense. With Melo seemingly out of his funk, if we get that STAT back for the playoffs, we could really make some noise.
Yea but at what cost? Like the previous Poster said, if he comes back to quick he could do serious damage and his career could be over. Then we are stuck with 3 yrs left on a contract that he won't be able to fulfill.

It would be great to have him for playoffs.. But next 3 games will tell a whole lot about us and the playoffs. Bulls back to back and then the Bucks. We currently hold a 1.5 game lead on them for last playoff spot. Who knows. Maybe Philly total collapses and drops out of playoff contention and both Knicks and bucks get in.

If we can win 2/3 we will be in good shape. Prefer we split with Chicago and beat the Bucks. We lose all 3 though we could be on the outside looking in.

miked1958

Rotation player
Realistically even with both amare and Lin healthy we prob get to second round tops. Why risk further injury to amare rushing him back

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I would trust the Dr to make the right decision on whether not if Amare comes back in a week or two will this have long term affects on him or if he's just completely fine in both Dr's opinions.

So like I said whatever happens if in two weeks they say he still needs more time then he shouldn't rush back, but if in two weeks they said he's 100% as far as the disc goes he play full contact ball then I'd play him.