Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulls or Heat

Default Bulls or Heat

Seems like that is our choice now.

Who do you think we match up better with?

I think we have a better chance against the Bulls.

wouldn't give up on the atlantic division that quickly...we definitely have a shot at 4th

If we're playing our game, i don't care who gets in our way. Pick your poison

The way Amare is playing lately I'd rather play the Heat. Tyson/Amare playing 100% will destroy them.

I genuinely believe that we can upset either team.

Guys - let's stop talking about 4th place. It's not going to happen. We are 5 games behind Atlanta with about 17 games left.

I think we have a better chance with the Heat because I think Rose plays a slashing type game with quick drives which our team can defend by taking charges. I think our team is one of the best teams in the NBA with taking charges. JJ has basically made a living out of this.

The Heat in their game against us just looked unreal. Lebron and DW basically controlled the court from the tip.

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Guys - let's stop talking about 4th place. It's not going to happen. We are 5 games behind Atlanta with about 17 games left.
    You really don't know how the playoff seeding words do you?

Knicks are only 3 and half away from Philly. Which is really not insurmountable by any stretch of the imagination.

We don't stand a chance against either Bulls or Heat. We'll have to wait for 1st playoff win since 2001 for at least one more year.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    We don't stand a chance against either Bulls or Heat. We'll have to wait for 1st playoff win since 2001 for at least one more year.
    If that's the attitude, why are we even following the season?

I don't care if the Knicks make it to the second round. If we don't win the championship it means nothing to me. All or none.

I think we have the pieces in place to win the whole thing. We just have to work together, take the charges, grab the rebounds, stop turning the ball over so much, and hope our shots drop. If we can do that, we win.

Originally Posted by Purch.
    You really don't know how the playoff seeding words do you?

Knicks are only 3 and half away from Philly. Which is really not insurmountable by any stretch of the imagination.
    Can we talk about this for one second?

I understand that if Knicks overtake the Sixers (or tie now as I think we have the tie-breaker), then that guarantees us a top 3 spot?

But if we are not the champions of the division then we are seeded according to rank within the conference?

I strongly believe that we have a shot against the Bulls because of their style of play versus ours. They are somewhat similar. The Miami Heat on the other hand are just way too fast for our team, offensively & defensively. If we can figure out a way to reduce the turnovers/ fast break possessions, then we'll have a 50% chance of beating the Heat. Nonetheless, I do not see us moving up significantly in the conference - probably to #6.

If we play defense like the last few games (minus Toronto) we can beat the Bulls.Boozer,Noah are extremely overrated.Chandler and Amare can destroy them.

I think if we play the Heat we just have to play Novak and Smith for about 30 minutes and let them shoot 3's at will. If we can manage to hit at a 40% clip we win.

I think if we play the Heat we just have to play Novak and Smith for about 30 minutes and let them shoot 3's at will. If we can manage to hit at a 40% clip we win.

LoL In my 2k12 association I edited Novak's 3pt and overall Shot Taking tendency from 36% to 100%. He now takes (during simulations) on average 8 3's a game making 50%. Some games he blows up for 30+ pts going 10-15. LOL It wors out in the game but doubt it would work in real life.

Can we talk about this for one second?

I understand that if Knicks overtake the Sixers (or tie now as I think we have the tie-breaker), then that guarantees us a top 3 spot?

But if we are not the champions of the division then we are seeded according to rank within the conference?
    The champion of division has 4th seed locked in or higher depending on a record. Sixers who lead Atlantic are 4th right now behind Orlando who is 2nd in their division but have better record than Philly.