Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulls or Heat

I may be being optimistic BUT I think we win the division so my answer is neither

Lets get O&B

Bulls - If shumpert can slow D.rose down even a little bit that would benefit us, i know it's damn near impossible to slow D.Rose down but if we can force him to have to make somebody else step up and hit shots, then i think we have a chance at beating them....and lets not forget Boozer makes his disappearance acts in the playoffs. The Bulls bench scares me especially on the boards and thats what really worries me... they just have so much size no homo. They have like the deepest bench in the league Brewer, Korver, lucas, watson, gibson, asik, butler? yeah thats not something you want to see in a 7 game series. Our bench is deep to but not as deep as the bulls especially when they bring Asik and Gibson in we would get mauled on the boards. The Bulls beat the Heat without rose....let me say that again WITHOUT ROSE.
    let me add a little more sting to it Hamilton was not available either, 2 starters for the bulls not available and there still winning games like this... nobody can sit here and say "lets play the bulls it's easier because it wont be easier in fact it might even be tougher.

Heat Not only would we have to stop Lebron, but we have to contain wade and Bosh. We already see how scary the Heat are on fast breaks and we already seen what type of lock down defense they are capable of playing... there not exactly a team you want to see in the first round... how ever if we put them in a zone i have no doubt they crumble. Lebron has been playing great basketball all season.... but in the playoffs if you put the heat in a zone they will we the bed i guarantee that. Force Lerbon and wade to make jumpers and we can take that series. The one thing we would have to take advantage of is out rebounding the heat, we have more size than them down low between chandler and Amare we would have to commit to rebound and second chance points also, we need to feature Chandler down low in this series he has the height advantage over joel, it would be on our best interest to get joel in foul trouble early

In conclusion i rather play the Heat in the first round. I think that would be a fun series to watch i think we have the fire power to keep up with them and if we play team defense and some zone the "BIG 2" can be contained. Can you imagine hearing... "THE KNICKS UPSET THE MIAMI HEAT IN THE FIRST ROUND" that would be music to my ears and if we were to eliminate the heat can you imagine the confidence on this team through out the playoffs. I think the Knicks have a better chance at eliminating the heat and the celtics have a better chance at eliminating the Bulls and containing D.rose. especially if the Celtics are able to control the game at their pace... don't sleep on boston.

Lets look at the matchups

Knicks vs Heat

Lin vs chalmers
    Fields/shump vs Wade
    Melo vs Lebron
    Amare vs Bosh
    Chandler vs Joel

OUR BENCH>>>>HEAT BENCH by a long shot

We match up very decently vs the Heat... if not better

Bulls vs Boston

Rondo vs Rose
    Allen vs Hamilton
    Pierce vs Deng
    KG vs Boozer
    Jermaine? vs Noah <--- im not sure who the celtics starting center will be but what ever

arguably they match up decently with each other it all comes down to containing rose but

BULLS BENCH>>>>>> CELTICS BENCH that's the only Killer here.

But like some people are posting there are still some games left in the season, so we dont really need to worry about if we play the bulls or heat until the season is completely done
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 25, 2012 at 11:11.

There's no way in hell Lebron and Wade is going to lose the 1st round this year. Bring on the Bulls!!

Guys we have 17 games remaining this season before the playoffs..
    for a successful playoff run we have to make the 6th seed or take the division, otherwise it will most likely mean another short playoff run and we all know that now this team is worth much more than that..

so im still not buying into this 7th or 8th seed, Bulls or Heat BS.

We gotta aim higher and get to 6th seed or 1st in division.

17 Games

Originally Posted by Den318
    There's no way in hell Lebron and Wade is going to lose the 1st round this year. Bring on the Bulls!!
    This, Lebron and Wade come playoff time just turn the switch on and there different players in the playoffs

I really do believe we can beat the Bulls in a 7 game series too.. last time we played them in Chicago they had 20 more offensive boards then us and only won by 6? Melo had a weak game also, i really do believe we can beat the Bulls in a 7 game series, Heat though? Would be alot ****ing harder ill tell you that lol

Rose is injury prone so he prob wont play some games... but Lucas is ballin takin his position

Boston and Philly should both gets L's tonight. Should be good.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

OUR BENCH>>>>HEAT BENCH by a long shot
    Good post in all but I disagree with this. Our bench is pretty awesome however the Heat bench cannot be written off. Battier, Mike Miller and Haslem are all pretty good at their roles. Haslem can rebound and hit the midrange. Miller and Battier are both good from 3. Battier is a very good defender. The rookie Norris Cole cannot be totally ignored either. They just got Ronnie Turiaf too.

I'd say our bench has the edge but it's not that big of a difference.

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Boston and Philly should both gets L's tonight. Should be good.
    u really thought the wizards would beat the celtics?

Originally Posted by smokes
    Good post in all but I disagree with this. Our bench is pretty awesome however the Heat bench cannot be written off. Battier, Mike Miller and Haslem are all pretty good at their roles. Haslem can rebound and hit the midrange. Miller and Battier are both good from 3. Battier is a very good defender. The rookie Norris Cole cannot be totally ignored either. They just got Ronnie Turiaf too.

I'd say our bench has the edge but it's not that big of a difference.
    Your right i shouldn't say our bench by a long shot the heat have a pretty good bench and there defense is great, but idk our bench is pretty crazy when fully healthy. So many weapons we have coming off the bench Baron, Shump, Jr all can create their own shots novak beginning to shoot off the dribble a little, though i rather him stick to catch and shooting, and we have jorts stretching the floor then we have jeffries who's a beast defensively. Im mad they got turiaf though he would of been great backing up tyson for us

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    We don't stand a chance against either Bulls or Heat. We'll have to wait for 1st playoff win since 2001 for at least one more year.
    The ball is round.

The current Knicks has a very special mentality beyond measurable. That'll give us a chance to defeat either Bulls or Heat.

I think we'd have a real hard time against the Bulls. The Heat I still don't see too far ahead of us people rate them so highly but IMO they do not have the same toughness as any of the other top teams in the league (Bulls, OKC, Spurs, Lakers).

Originally Posted by smokes
    I think we'd have a real hard time against the Bulls. The Heat I still don't see too far ahead of us people rate them so highly but IMO they do not have the same toughness as any of the other top teams in the league (Bulls, OKC, Spurs, Lakers).

We're talking about 5 little points here.

Based on the last two encounters:
    2 Feb 2012, 105 - 102
    12 Mar 2012, 104 - 99

If the team can get it clicking on all cylinders going into the playoffs, I don't care who they play.

They will give any team hell, and they will be playing with house money.

The pressure to win is squarely on the opponent.