Knicks VS Bucks: Monday, March 26 @ 7:30pm. STATEMENT GAME.

How many TOs will Lin have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
I missed the game but based off the boxscore,

-We dont win the game without Melo
-Davis needs to shoot less
-Fields might as well be garbage, hes an inconsistent waste of talent and athleticism
-Ellis has destroyed the Bucks playoff dreams for this year, nothing against him but it could take him an offseason before he fits in. Hes a good player though
-26 points for Dunleavey? well i just heard he had 24 in the 1st half, that makes me sick. At least they showed they can slow him down in the 2nd half

novaman

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;223764 said:
Chandler just MVPed the shit out of Milwaukee.

Defense wins the game.

mike-dantoni.jpg

Agreed. Melo may have put up a lot of points, but Chandler was the mvp of this game

metrocard

Legend
I think the conclusion we can draw from this game is that all things being equal the Knicks are better off with Lin as the starter because he's younger and can bring more energy for longer periods of time than BD can. BD is showing his age and while he was quite effective in the first half really ran out of gas in the 4th. He couldn't create on the offensive end and couldn't cover defensively.

well said. Davis has heavy feet...Derek Fisher movement. Jennings and other guards. exploit BDiddy easily. so it's important for Diddy to perform well on offense.

TakMan

Rotation player
Davis been turnover and chuck prone all season. he's good at penetration and passing it to the rolling big man but other than that he's sloppy and out dated. Bobby and TD both suck.

Em, Davis has only played 15 games this season. He's been injured for over 2/3 of the season. That's a pretty obvious reason for his sub-par performances. When healthy and back in form, he is our best PG.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

-Fields might as well be garbage, hes an inconsistent waste of talent and athleticism
-Ellis has destroyed the Bucks playoff dreams for this year, nothing against him but it could take him an offseason before he fits in. Hes a good player though
-26 points for Dunleavey? well i just heard he had 24 in the 1st half, that makes me sick. At least they showed they can slow him down in the 2nd half
aha ain't even see the game and your on the money kudos ill toss you some green Shrek waste

metrocard

Legend

I agree about fields....hoping we can upgrade at SG just a SG who can shoot would be huge for us. Affalo or Bell type sh.

metrocard

Legend
Em, Davis has only played 15 games this season. He's been injured for over 2/3 of the season. That's a pretty obvious reason for his sub-par performances. When healthy and back in form, he is our best PG.

but he wont be healthy. he's at the end of his career, not in good physical shape. his limitations are timeless and will always be there. Davis can ne'er have the impact Lin has given us. if you disagree then you're not watching the Knicks.

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree about fields....hoping we can upgrade at SG just a SG who can shoot would be huge for us. Affalo or Bell type sh.

I've been a Bell fan for a while and Affalo's good too. I hate watching Fields, i really do think he could be a good SG if he tweaked his form and had more confidence but its the confidence part that really prevents him. You rarely see a soft player change, maybe Fields will be the type of player that finally figures out what to do when hes like 29 or 30. I could see him as that type

TakMan

Rotation player
but he wont be healthy. he's at the end of his career, not in good physical shape. his limitations are timeless and will always be there. Davis can ne'er have the impact Lin has given us. if you disagree then you're not watching the Knicks.

He's not even 33 yet so hardly at the very end of his career. You're right about it being an ask for him to remain healthy but he can do it. He was healthy during his stint with the Cavs last year and improved their record substantially making them look like a better team. Lin's done well but he is still learning. We just beat the bucks for the first time this year. This was also Davis' first start of the year. The 2 players he guarded at times shot terribly. Jenkins 0-7 3's, Ellis 2-14 FG's. Defence won us the game and Davis contributed significantly to that. If he does remain healthy, he can only improve this team.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
He's not even 33 yet so hardly at the very end of his career. You're right about it being an ask for him to remain healthy but he can do it. He was healthy during his stint with the Cavs last year and improved their record substantially making them look like a better team. Lin's done well but he is still learning. We just beat the bucks for the first time this year. This was also Davis' first start of the year. The 2 players he guarded at times shot terribly. Jenkins 0-7 3's, Ellis 2-14 FG's. Defence won us the game and Davis contributed significantly to that. If he does remain healthy, he can only improve this team.
Jennings started getting good looks and drives in the 4th quarter....... His problem is he was just plain blowing easy shots....... Just like some say Lin has the "clutch" gene, Jennings may have the "choke" gene..........

novaman

Benchwarmer
huffing and puffing, baron played well:gony::gony::gony: :beer:

haters will hate.

Just for the record I don't hate Baron. I'm an old guy and I want to tip my hat off to him for gutting this out like he did. No doubt he gave all he had out on the court. And if it wasn't for him the Knicks might have just lost this game.

My point is that several or even many fans have been vocal about how Jeremy is no good, or marginal, or over rated, turns the ball over too much, etc. But this game shows why Jeremy is clearly the better option to start ahead of Baron. At this point in his career Baron simply can't bring it for 4 quarters anymore. He was fine at the beginning of the game but really dropped off in the second half. He had no penetration, little to no ball movement, and bricks from the outside, not to mention the 9 turnovers. Baron would be much more effective coming off the bench like he had been before tonight.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im surprised we won this game without Jeffries, Stat and Lin. The refs gave us 17 more free throw attempts (Knicks 35, Bucks 18). We hit 30 of them, the Bucks only hit 12. Thats where this game was won

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Davis is good. Lin is better for 35 minutes a night. End of story.
i agree here B.diddy may be more experienced running the point but Lin is more mobile.

Baron can come in when Lin struggles.... at the end of the day both have flaws

Lin still needs to learn how to not tumble over to the floor & Baron needs to continue working on getting back 100% so we just have to live with what we have and continue to go with what works