View Poll Results: How many TOs will Lin have tonight?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0

    0 0%
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    1 5.88%
  • 3

    2 11.76%
  • 4

    8 47.06%
  • 5

    4 23.53%
  • 6

    1 5.88%
  • 7

    0 0%
  • 8

    1 5.88%
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 313272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 522

Thread: Knicks VS Bucks: Monday, March 26 @ 7:30pm. STATEMENT GAME.

  1. #481
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Jennings started getting good looks and drives in the 4th quarter....... His problem is he was just plain blowing easy shots....... Just like some say Lin has the "clutch" gene, Jennings may have the "choke" gene..........
    He's been fairly clutch against the Knicks every time he's played them. Not this time. Davis played some good in your face defence for the majority of the game. Davis' health is a precarious issue, but if he remains fit, gets some games and finds his form, you have to trust him over an inexperienced Lin come playoffs. Lin can't take the pressure of good defences at the moment. He's proven this many times.

  2. #482
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Im surprised we won this game without Jeffries, Stat and Lin. The refs gave us 17 more free throw attempts (Knicks 35, Bucks 18). We hit 30 of them, the Bucks only hit 12. Thats where this game was won
    Chandler, Baron, and Melo played their hearts out.......... Both sides of the floor. They were the difference.

  3. #483
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    He's been fairly clutch against the Knicks every time he's played them. Not this time. Davis played some good in your face defence for the majority of the game. Davis' health is a precarious issue, but if he remains fit, gets some games and finds his form, you have to trust him over an inexperienced Lin come playoffs. Lin can't take the pressure of good defences at the moment. He's proven this many times.
    I disagree about the defense....... They're two different types of defenders........ Baron plays more up on his man, which takes away the perimeter shot one-on-one, but he's vulnerable to screens, once the ballhandler gets past him, the help defense must be there (and it was in most part tonight). Lin gives more room to shoot on the perimeter, but he prevents penetration and slips by screens a lot better, and somehow recovers if the ballhandler gets a step on him (even off a screen). Lin also closes more-quickly on the shooter, so even though there appears to be more shooting room, the difference is negligible.

    I will say this....... I never thought Melo was a good help defender, but he did a great job in that game....... Far better than Amare in that regard. Melo was easily the best player on the floor, for either side.

  4. #484
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Chandler, Baron, and Melo played their hearts out.......... Both sides of the floor. They were the difference.
    Im only drawing statistical conclusions, i didnt see the game and its hard to go by what other posters say. No disrespect to anyone but we all see the game a little different, no two posters will ever have exactly the same opinions. I gotta catch knicksin60

  5. #485
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    He's not even 33 yet so hardly at the very end of his career. You're right about it being an ask for him to remain healthy but he can do it. He was healthy during his stint with the Cavs last year and improved their record substantially making them look like a better team. Lin's done well but he is still learning. We just beat the bucks for the first time this year. This was also Davis' first start of the year. The 2 players he guarded at times shot terribly. Jenkins 0-7 3's, Ellis 2-14 FG's. Defence won us the game and Davis contributed significantly to that. If he does remain healthy, he can only improve this team.
    Well He's going to be 33 and not getting younger, he's 3 years past his prime...Davis has been on the decline and everyone in the NBA knows this, thats why Clippers traded him to Cleveland.

    and Cleveland always been a solid team, even without LeBron, and they're getting better even without Varejao being lead by Irving and Jamison.

    Like I said, you need to watch the Knicks game, not the box scores.

    Who is Jenkins?

    Brandon Jennings got the basket at will, he misses a lot of lay ups, and that was due to Chandler's all NBA defense, not Baron Davis' defense. Learn WHO to give credit to, and reading a box score without studying game analysis can be a foolish thing to do.

  6. #486
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I've been a Bell fan for a while and Affalo's good too. I hate watching Fields, i really do think he could be a good SG if he tweaked his form and had more confidence but its the confidence part that really prevents him. You rarely see a soft player change, maybe Fields will be the type of player that finally figures out what to do when hes like 29 or 30. I could see him as that type
    Fields to me is Richard Jefferson without the aggressiveness.

  7. #487
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    yeah, fools cause chandler was guarding everybody.

  8. #488
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Im only drawing statistical conclusions, i didnt see the game and its hard to go by what other posters say. No disrespect to anyone but we all see the game a little different, no two posters will ever have exactly the same opinions. I gotta catch knicksin60
    I generally don't go by stats personally....... J.R. Smith had a bad shooting night, but he also played his heart out............ It's as if the players didn't care about stats, all clamped down defensively, and focused on the win.

    If players rebound and play defense, I generally toss the offensive stats out the window.

  9. #489
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well He's going to be 33 and not getting younger, he's 3 years past his prime...Davis has been on the decline and everyone in the NBA knows this, thats why Clippers traded him to Cleveland.

    and Cleveland always been a solid team, even without LeBron, and they're getting better even without Varejao being lead by Irving and Jamison.

    Like I said, you need to watch the Knicks game, not the box scores.

    Who is Jenkins?

    Brandon Jennings got the basket at will, he misses a lot of lay ups, and that was due to Chandler's all NBA defense, not Baron Davis' defense. Learn WHO to give credit to, and reading a box score without studying game analysis can be a foolish thing to do.
    Yeah Jennings was taking it to BD in the 4th. They could see that Baron was tired. I was watching the Bucks feed on NBA league pass and their commentators were even talking about it. After a few trips down the floor I think Woodson made a shift to take the pressure off Baron.

  10. #490
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Fields to me is Richard Jefferson without the aggressiveness.
    Do you still prefer that JR start? Because I would say otherwise, the guy chucks way too many bad shots up.(10 threes this game) At the same time he grabbed 10 boards.

    I think Shump should be starting he's proven to be effecient, and a great defender who occasionally makes some dumb fouls 40 feet from the basket.

  11. #491
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    He's been fairly clutch against the Knicks every time he's played them. Not this time. Davis played some good in your face defence for the majority of the game. Davis' health is a precarious issue, but if he remains fit, gets some games and finds his form, you have to trust him over an inexperienced Lin come playoffs. Lin can't take the pressure of good defences at the moment. He's proven this many times.
    Not so sure. Lin's been improving He's looking tons better now compared to that Heat game. I think he might surprise a lot of people if the knicks make the playoffs

  12. #492
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Do you still prefer that JR start? Because I would say otherwise, the guy chucks way too many bad shots up.(10 threes this game) At the same time he grabbed 10 boards.

    I think Shump should be starting he's proven to be effecient, and a great defender who occasionally makes some dumb fouls 40 feet from the basket.
    Leave ist the way it is.....
    Lin, Fields, Melo, Chandler and Novak ( no Stat or jeffries )

    Davis, Shump, Jr, Josh......

    also prefer TD over bibby or at least a shot...

  13. #493
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by novaman
    I think the conclusion we can draw from this game is that all things being equal the Knicks are better off with Lin as the starter because he's younger and can bring more energy for longer periods of time than BD can. BD is showing his age and while he was quite effective in the first half really ran out of gas in the 4th. He couldn't create on the offensive end and couldn't cover defensively.
    Look at Amare and his injury.....we need Davis to have limited minutes.....we need him healthy if we make the playoffs.....with no Back-up to LIN we are dead.....A LIN or Davis loss would be much worse of a loss then losing Amare.

  14. #494
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Fields to me is Richard Jefferson without the aggressiveness.
    Both of them are painful to watch, I cant wait for RJ to retire. Hes gettin there

    Originally Posted by tkrieger
    I generally don't go by stats personally....... J.R. Smith had a bad shooting night, but he also played his heart out............ It's as if the players didn't care about stats, all clamped down defensively, and focused on the win.

    If players rebound and play defense, I generally toss the offensive stats out the window.
    I dont like to go by stats either but its my only option until i catch the replay. Lately since Woodson took over they haven't cared about stats, and the stats have told us very little of whats actually happened lately. Defense is alot more then just steals, blocks, and rebounds. Someone like Jeffries can do close to nothing statistically but have a big impact on defense. So i do think once I watch this game Ill agree with what your saying although there is a big gap in free throw attempts. But perhaps the Knicks were alot more aggressive going to the rim, or maybe the refs made bad calls. Or the Bucks coulda picked up careless fouls.

  15. #495
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Look at Amare and his injury.....we need Davis to have limited minutes.....we need him healthy if we make the playoffs.....with no Back-up to LIN we are dead.....A LIN or Davis loss would be much worse of a loss then losing Amare.
    Agreed...... 48 minutes of good defensive play from the PG position alone makes the whole defense look better........

    Amare's achilles has been his defense...... He gets some spectacular blocks on occasion, but is often lost on the defensive side of the ball....... He also allows too many offensive rebounds..... Note the contrast to the game in Milwaukee...... Tonight, this team missed 54 shots and got only nine offensive rebounds........ Compare the game in Milwaukee, the Bucks had 17 offensive rebounds on 48 missed shots. That, folks, is the difference between winning and losing.

Similar Threads

  1. Game 1: NYK@MIA 10/28 7:30PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2009, 01:36
  2. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  3. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  4. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 19:16
  5. Knicks @ Bucks Game Thread
    By NYK Man8 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2003, 11:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •