View Poll Results: How many TOs will Lin have tonight?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.88%

2 11.76%

8 47.06%

4 23.53%

1 5.88%

0 0%

1 5.88%
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4142829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Knicks VS Bucks: Monday, March 26 @ 7:30pm. STATEMENT GAME.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Both of them are painful to watch, I cant wait for RJ to retire. Hes gettin there

I dont like to go by stats either but its my only option until i catch the replay. Lately since Woodson took over they haven't cared about stats, and the stats have told us very little of whats actually happened lately. Defense is alot more then just steals, blocks, and rebounds. Someone like Jeffries can do close to nothing statistically but have a big impact on defense. So i do think once I watch this game Ill agree with what your saying although there is a big gap in free throw attempts. But perhaps the Knicks were alot more aggressive going to the rim, or maybe the refs made bad calls. Or the Bucks coulda picked up careless fouls.

Bucks couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn. Air-Ball symphony - a tour-de-force, other than the terminator dunleavy. (probably the one guy I would pay money for to see join the knicks - hes a beast)

Without Mike Dunleavy ( who should be a starter ) - they were at risk of a 40-50pt blow-out by the 3rd quarter.

If the Bucks had shot as they have in the last 2 weeks, we would have been blown out - with just average showing.

Credit Chandler, Carmelo - BEASTING it on the Rebounds & shutting down dunleavy), JR Smith HUSTLE, and some Novak rebounds - for a lot of that win. Shumpert nails some shots toward the end that hold the lead - and Melo holding steady @ the free throw-line. We won with hustle and free-throws, we shot relatively poorly as well ( Melo did well shooting in the 1st Q ).

JR Smith made some solid moves to shoot inside the arc and take it to the basket.

Baron had several mistakes, turn-overs, was turning into a gas-less player at times, walking, just slow-motion dribble then slow-motion shoot then brick. Getting stolen from because he was just slowing down. He held it down though, needed him to play this one and hold it down for the team - in a must-win.
    * getting pissy, blaming teammates for his own-travel because Jenning draped his body almost spread-eagle on BD.

* some people on these forums don't seem to realize that Baron could easily reinjure himself or have the same season-ending injury or related injury as Amare. All you guys are telling me is you have no experience with injuries and maintaining athletic performance - those that keep speaking as if Baron should play bulk minutes. Your going to end his career if you get what your asking for. I'm pretty much disgusted with several posters with no concern of Baron's future. The guy doesn't deserve some of the fans on these forums that want him to destroy his body - that is still on the mend.

Also for those clamoring that Lin can't compare at all to Baron Davis:

B. Davis :
    34 Minutes

3/12 Field Goals Made/Attempts 25% shooting.

1/5 3PM-Attempts

6/6 Free Trhows

5 Rebounds

7 Assists

1 Steal

9 Turnovers vs the Bucks.
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 26, 2012 at 22:40.

Baron Davis has 9 TOs? What a "marginal" player. *sarcasm*

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well He's going to be 33 and not getting younger, he's 3 years past his prime...Davis has been on the decline and everyone in the NBA knows this, thats why Clippers traded him to Cleveland.

and Cleveland always been a solid team, even without LeBron, and they're getting better even without Varejao being lead by Irving and Jamison.

Like I said, you need to watch the Knicks game, not the box scores.

Who is Jenkins?

Brandon Jennings got the basket at will, he misses a lot of lay ups, and that was due to Chandler's all NBA defense, not Baron Davis' defense. Learn WHO to give credit to, and reading a box score without studying game analysis can be a foolish thing to do.

Did I really name him Jenkins? That's what you get for trying to type a message at 6:00 a.m. Which brings me on to my next point. The reason I was up at that time was because I watch every Knicks game, despite having to get up for work around 2 hours after it's finished. If I went based on the box score, I would single out Davis as one of our worst performers. 25% shooting, and 9 TO's (that's more TO's than assists). In truth however he was one of our top performers. His defence was close to brilliant for the better part of 3 quarters. Both players he was responsible for guarding at different times had incredibly tough times (also indicated in their shooting %) Jennings only really looked dangerous in the 4th (logical to expect Davis to be dead by then considering his lack of conditioning). Davis' defence was intense most of the time he was on the court. His EFF was as good as Tyson Chandler's leaving the rest behind by miles.

Wow that was an ugly game of basketball!

Only positive about is that the Knicks escaped with the victory, but boy both teams played like ****.....Milwaukee were shocking, D-League style.

The Knicks weren't much better. In the end it was Chandler and his offensive rebounding that won us the game (Shumpert made some nice plays in crunchtime).

But in this current shape, neither the Knicks nor Bucks deserve to be in the Playoffs to be honest.....Chicago will tear us a new one if we play like this.

Originally Posted by Knicksnation1
    game mvp-ellis

Thanks for getting us the win!

Edit: Nyk: no its games like this where you thank the bucks for playing like a piece of crap. Stop being so dense.
    Oh so I guess we didn't have to play any defense or rebound. Remember that guy Dunleavy who was on fire in the first half?? Well he was shut down after that.

Give the damn coach and team some credit. Amateur

Originally Posted by novaman
    Not so sure. Lin's been improving He's looking tons better now compared to that Heat game. I think he might surprise a lot of people if the knicks make the playoffs
    Not saying Lin can't have good playoff games but he ain't surprising anyone anymore. He'll need an off-season to refine his game. As of right now, teams know how to slow him down and disrupt his flow.

We all know his weaknesses.

Originally Posted by kinein
    Bucks couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn. Air-Ball symphony - a tour-de-force, other than the terminator dunleavy. (probably the one guy I would pay money for to see join the knicks - hes a beast)

Without Mike Dunleavy ( who should be a starter ) - they were at risk of a 40-50pt blow-out by the 3rd quarter.

If the Bucks had shot as they have in the last 2 weeks, we would have been blown out - with just average showing.

Credit Chandler, Carmelo - BEASTING it on the Rebounds & shutting down dunleavy), JR Smith HUSTLE, and some Novak rebounds - for a lot of that win. Shumpert nails some shots toward the end that hold the lead - and Melo holding steady @ the free throw-line. We won with hustle and free-throws, we shot relatively poorly as well ( Melo did well shooting in the 1st Q ).

JR Smith made some solid moves to shoot inside the arc and take it to the basket.

Baron had several mistakes, turn-overs, was turning into a gas-less player at times, walking, just slow-motion dribble then slow-motion shoot then brick. Getting stolen from because he was just slowing down. He held it down though, needed him to play this one and hold it down for the team - in a must-win.
    * getting pissy, blaming teammates for his own-travel because Jenning draped his body almost spread-eagle on BD.

* some people on these forums don't seem to realize that Baron could easily reinjure himself or have the same season-ending injury or related injury as Amare. All you guys are telling me is you have no experience with injuries and maintaining athletic performance - those that keep speaking as if Baron should play bulk minutes. Your going to end his career if you get what your asking for. I'm pretty much disgusted with several posters with no concern of Baron's future. The guy doesn't deserve some of the fans on these forums that want him to destroy his body - that is still on the mend.

Also for those clamoring that Lin can't compare at all to Baron Davis:

B. Davis :
    34 Minutes

3/12 Field Goals Made/Attempts 25% shooting.

1/5 3PM-Attempts

6/6 Free Trhows

5 Rebounds

7 Assists

1 Steal

9 Turnovers vs the Bucks.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said here but c'mon man, you take ONE game worth of BD stats to compare against Lin?? Anyone could have taken Lin's stats from that Heat game and compared it to BD. Makes no sense.

Superstar

Wow, we win the game, and were in here arguing about BD vs LIN, people, there both on our team, and we won, just enjoy the win.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I pretty much agree with everything you said here but c'mon man, you take ONE game worth of BD stats to compare against Lin?? Anyone could have taken Lin's stats from that Heat game and compared it to BD. Makes no sense.
    Bucks vs Heat, two totally different levels of teams.

But you have to be really stupid to believe Davis is a better option than Lin, really stupid.

Superstar

But you have to be really stupid to believe Davis is a better option than Lin, really stupid.
    Davis is a better option than Lin.

Superstar

Perhaps then we could bring up his stats vs Toronto or Philly. Come to think of it, that detroit game wasn't too impressive either.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Wow, we win the game, and were in here arguing about BD vs LIN, people, there both on our team, and we won, just enjoy the win.
    Gotta love the KO'ers. They are always finding someone to blame even in games we won.

Not many people on here talking about the true postive of the game was Melo's game tonight. He played really well tonight and did not force much of the action. 8-20 from the field is not great but a lot better than what we saw of late. He also had 12 boards and played really solid D.

Veteran

Dang missed it got stuck at work last night but sounds like a gutty win......Back to .500...

Your argument means nothing based on the fact that their performances will vary from game to game. Davis may have a better game one night and vice versa. They share the pg duties so I prefer to look at their combined performance.

Regardless, we need both of them to play at the same level when they are on the court.

End of story.