Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carmelo: I wish I had an answer

Veteran

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I still recall some of the ridiculous threads that were created during Stoudamire's slump. People need to relax. Anthony has-at least- tried to compensate for his slump by developing other sides to his game which continue to render him useful to the team. He does need to get his offence back soon though.
    I would like to assume " Compensate " is not the right word for Melo's future.
    I hope when his shot does come back he does continue to play hard on all ends....but who knows ?

as for stat maybe he was playing scared all season due to his back....and now if his back is an issue for the rest of season we know why.....

The Amare does go down lets hope Melo finds his shot quickly...

We are winning games. Do i really give a **** if melo scores 20 ppg or 30? no.

But i do care if him missing shots means us losing games. The wrist and shoulder injury has tweaked his shot and he's still working on getting that rhythm back. I suspect it will be a few more weeks until we see the 45%+ shooting we expect.

Exerting himself on the defensive end probably doesn't help his offensive numbers, but it does help us win games. As long as we are winning this is acceptable, but we will need his production in the post season.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Defense is hurting Melo's game. (Joke)

He's a pretty solid free throw shooter so he should try to get some shots in the paint and get to the line. The shooting will improve over time.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Carmelo Anthony is averaging a career-low 20 points per game on 39.9 percent shooting.

How does Melo feel?

". Im not too concerned about it at this point.

Anthony is shooting just 21.7 percent from beyond the arc over his last 7 games.

I cant help him make shots, but Ive got to put him in the right position to be successful, Woodson said.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Why does Melo get a pass? This is Dolan's golden child, f*ck him.
    The team is playing great right now despite Melo's shooting slump, so things can only get better.

A pass from what?? He's in a shooting slump but he's doing other things to help the team win like rebounding and defending and creating for others. When he wasn't defending or shooting well you were all on his case. Now that he's at least putting max effort on everything you still criticize him even though we're winning.

Your hate for Melo is getting real old now. The team is doing well and fighting for the Atlantic division or possibly a 6-7 seed. Just enjoy the sh!t and kill the Melo nitpicking. No matter what, he's still a threat.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

The team playing great is not an excuse for Carmelo's terrible shooting.

Pretty weak reasoning.

Melo has actually become a liability on OFFENSE throughout the season because he's been such a weak shooter.

This isn't a SLUMP, the NBA season is almost over and this has been MELO all year. a 39% FG shooter and a 20% 3pt Shooter.

If you think Melo is a threat, you really need to pull his pinga out the butt.

Melo's passing has been good, but are we really going to pay a guy this much money to be a high volume Boris Diaw?

We're winning now, but keep in mind its just a small sample. Take a look back at all the losing streaks we've been on, many of them led by Melo.

Why can't that happen again? You and I don't know, but nothing has been set in stone yet. We're playing great defense now and look stronger, but when we reach the playoffs, it will be potential disaster if Melo continues to shoot like Jamal Crawford.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    The team playing great is not an excuse for Carmelo's terrible shooting.

Pretty weak reasoning.

Melo has actually become a liability on OFFENSE throughout the season because he's been such a weak shooter.

This isn't a SLUMP, the NBA season is almost over and this has been MELO all year. a 39% FG shooter and a 20% 3pt Shooter.

If you think Melo is a threat, you really need to pull his pinga out the butt.

Melo's passing has been good, but are we really going to pay a guy this much money to be a high volume Boris Diaw?

We're winning now, but keep in mind its just a small sample. Take a look back at all the losing streaks we've been on, many of them led by Melo.

Why can't that happen again? You and I don't know, but nothing has been set in stone yet. We're playing great defense now and look stronger, but when we reach the playoffs, it will be potential disaster if Melo continues to shoot like Jamal Crawford.

Melo's piss poor shooting is covered up by winning right now. He is lucky everyone is playing hard and Amare is coming around. If the Knicks are losing, would you still say that his poor shooting doesn't matter because he is playing hard and hustling???

He has no one to blame but himself for his piss poor shooting. New coach, new pg and new system but still the same piss poor shooting. It's time to man up and say he suck a dik this year. He should continue to do what he is doing (playing hard on both side of the court). He should not think about shooting contested jumpers or 3s. He will hurt the team if he still chuck up 15-20 shots a night. He has next year to look forward to if he wants to do that.

Originally Posted by Den318
    Melo's piss poor shooting is covered up by winning right now. He is lucky everyone is playing hard and Amare is coming around. If the Knicks are losing, would you still say that his poor shooting doesn't matter because he is playing hard and hustling???

He has no one to blame but himself for his piss poor shooting. New coach, new pg and new system but still the same piss poor shooting. It's time to man up and say he suck a dik this year. He should continue to do what he is doing (playing hard on both side of the court). He should not think about shooting contested jumpers or 3s. He will hurt the team if he still chuck up 15-20 shots a night. He has next year to look forward to if he wants to do that.
    I agree!

It's abvious there are a lot of pro-melo's and anti-melo's on this site. But even the pro-melo's are running out of excuses for his poor shooting. Playing decent defense is not the most important role he has. Hell, we rather have Jeffries and Shumpert playing defense than melo.

But we can all agree, when the playoffs come around, if his slump continues, Knicks WILL be eliminated from the first round, if we make the playoff at all. And if he is not worrying about his poor shooting, then the slump will continue. Only when someone is worrying sick will he be able to do something about whats bothering them. No worry=no action. I sincerely hope he is just saying it for the media and inside he is truly worrying sick and seeking help from outside sources.
    Here are some of the off-court suggestions that might get his rhythm back:

1. Find a good sport shrink and have a few sessions.
    2. Private hypnosis sessions to get his focus back.
    3. Put down his personal pride, and ring up other players, past or present, and find out what they did to get out of slumps.
    4. Yoga sessions to get in touch with his physical movements and sync his mind with body.

I realize this is by far his longest slump in his career. Melo has to approach it with an open-mind and a willingness to do anything to get himself out of it. If not, all fingers will be pointed at melo when the season ends. And I hope it will not come down to that.

Lets all keep it funky here, Melo is damaged goods. He might never be the same again.

In the past year, hes gone from being comparable to Durant to now being comparable to Q-Rich/Glen Big Dog types. At this point he reminds me alot of QRich, the only difference is Melo takes more shots