Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Lin's Reverse Layup in Slo-Mo

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Lin's Reverse Layup in Slo-Mo

    Lin's reverse layup in Slo-mo.

    By the way, this "geraldd39" guy does a nice recap of mostly all the Knicks games. He's usually pretty fast too with his posting. I go to his channel all the time after the Knicks play.

    For people who cannot watch the Knicks, don't have cable, or not in NY, or just need a recap.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    How do you embed youtube videos?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by onex0is0
    Lin's reverse layup in Slo-mo.

    By the way, this "geraldd39" guy does a nice recap of mostly all the Knicks games. He's usually pretty fast too with his posting. I go to his channel all the time after the Knicks play.

    For people who cannot watch the Knicks, don't have cable, or not in NY, or just need a recap.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    How do you embed youtube videos?

    I still don't see it as a travel.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by onex0is0
    Lin's reverse layup in Slo-mo.

    By the way, this "geraldd39" guy does a nice recap of mostly all the Knicks games. He's usually pretty fast too with his posting. I go to his channel all the time after the Knicks play.

    For people who cannot watch the Knicks, don't have cable, or not in NY, or just need a recap.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    How do you embed youtube videos?
    1. Paste the video id ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) in your post.
    2. Select the text of it using the mouse and click the video icon in the toolbar above the message box.
    3. If you don't have the advanced toolbar option in your profile just put the [youtube}and the [/youtube}command around the video id.

  4. #4
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    1. Paste the video id ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) in your post.
    2. Select the text of it using the mouse and click the video icon in the toolbar above the message box.
    3. If you don't have the advanced toolbar option in your profile just put the [youtube}and the [/youtube}command around the video id.
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^ for all your youtube videos you want to post just copy the random letters or numbers that you see after the *V =* (DO NOT copy the whole thing after the V = you might see a (&) feature on the some of the videos do not copy the & feature etc. The random letters and numbers are all you need.

  5. #5
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by rogeryy
    I still don't see it as a travel.
    It clearly was a travel. However most of NBA refs wouldn't call it because without reviewing it it's really hard to say if he did make that little left foot step after receiving the ball.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by onex0is0
    Lin's reverse layup in Slo-mo.

    By the way, this "geraldd39" guy does a nice recap of mostly all the Knicks games. He's usually pretty fast too with his posting. I go to his channel all the time after the Knicks play.

    For people who cannot watch the Knicks, don't have cable, or not in NY, or just need a recap.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    How do you embed youtube videos?
    i think it was bad ref and instead of a 2, it's a TO.
    Last edited by Cuckoo; Mar 26, 2012 at 10:59. Reason: Funny, embedding not working for me tonight.

  7. #7
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The NBA embarrassed itself with that call. LBJ takes 4 steps and no call, and then this...sad thing is when you play on a real basketball team your only allowed 1 1/2 steps, and then there are NBA rules...lol

    I don't blame Jeremy for getting pissed at that call...ref should be fined

  8. #8
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    i think it was bad ref and instead of a 2, it's a TO.
    I looked really closely, but could have missed something.
    Will you please let me know when it became a turn over?
    At what second in the play....





    Thank you!

  9. #9
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Traveling counts as TO.

    In basketball, a turnover occurs when a player loses possession to the opposing team. This can result from the ball being stolen, the player making mistakes such as stepping out or throwing the ball out of bounds, or committing a violation (such as traveling) or committing an offensive foul.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

  10. #10
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Traveling counts as TO.

    In basketball, a turnover occurs when a player loses possession to the opposing team. This can result from the ball being stolen, the player making mistakes such as stepping out or throwing the ball out of bounds, or committing a violation (such as traveling) or committing an offensive foul.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    Aw, thank you! Actually, I looked it up after seeing your post
    and thought it was perhaps because he lifted his pivot foot?

    Gees, I've seen so many plays that should have been fouled, but wasn't.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lin caught the pass w/the "wrong leg."

  12. #12
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Would definitely be a travel by international standards, but you don't often see it called in the NBA.

    For example all the players who catch the ball on the ground, bounce on their feet and then shoot, that's a travel. But you'll never see it called.

    Crap call by NBA standards.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2012, 22:00
  2. is there need to be concern with Lin's minutes?
    By quiggle in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2012, 20:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •