STAT's out indefinitely...

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
The only good things about this is as far as structural back injuries goes this is one o the less severe, so until we get final word on a timetable we can just hope for the best.

masri01

Rookie
That's easily a best case scenario, but grounded in absolutely no reality.

A structural back injury, is a structural back injury.

I'm not sure how much of an advantage you have being a world class athlete when we're talking about the spinal column, vertebrae, and tissue between the vertebrae.

It's just gonna take time, time I don't that the team has, or can afford.

yes but it could be a small bulging disc and not a big one. Im pretty sure you can play through the pain normal. its when you rest it is when it gets stiff/sore.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
my bad i thought teams could amnesty more than once just not in the same offseason...
If im not mistaken you get a new Amnesty everytime there time there is a new CBA agreed upon, so after this one is over we will have a new amnesty... which will be awhile from now.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I think alot of you are over reacting to this Bulging disc injury. They say surgery is NOT necessary, they say he's going to be out "months" then "4 weeks" now they are saying "2weeks" spare me the panic button worries best case scenario dude will be back and receive very limited mins and maybe miss a few games to receive an extended amount of rest time OR he is back by the time the playoffs start (and if we are even in the playoffs) he will be ready to go and still receive limited mins. If he is out the rest of the season and miss the playoffs, ok so be it were a deep team well manage. Offensively it hurts us but defensively there should be no reason to come out and be defensive threats with Chandler and jeff and a committed Melo in the front court. Bulging disc is a very common spinal injury and can be easily treated with exercise, rest, massages and medication.

Same people who just couldn't stand Amare & talked $hit about his broken jumpers, missing defensive assignments, and lack of movement are all of a sudden wetting their pants because Amare is out indefinitely???

Herniated Disc are alot worse than Bulging Disc just saying...

We are stuck with Amare 3 more seasons, and no team is going to touch amare or his contract, we had a chance to trade him early in the season and we didn't so you might as well stay positive about the situation because we have no amnesty either.

Last edited: