Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 Guys You'll Always Find Playing Pick Up Basketball

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I am a HACK on the court,I foul everything I see. lol
    LolI hate guys that do that...do you guys think your playing good D or something

I just think i get away with a lot of "fouls" that would get called in the NBA. Playing in the post means bending displacement rules regardless but out on a street court or at one of the gyms we play pick up games then i only call a foul if it was blatent and effected the shot in a major way (ala. i punched his elbow on the way up, pushed him from behind, etc) I try to avoid it but again the post demands physical game play.

I feel i get fouled a lot down there too, but i never call a foul unless i'm on defense.

lol Every spring when im first trying to get my legs back, i dont have my normal lateral quickness so i have a habit if kneeing my opponents in the thigh when they try to drive by me. I cant stop myself from doing it, im naturally a dirty player. I was fouling the sh*t out of dudes the other day lol. But you'll never see me call a foul, i dont think there should be any fouls when your playin street ball.

I rarely ever foul to me I feel like if I have to keep fouling somebody it means I can really guard this guy so the only way to stop him is to foul.

But Like I said I'm always telling me ppl to clear and don't give me a screen unless I call for it I like to break my man down.

I kind coach but not too much only when I play with my friends usually when I play with strangers I just say a few things if their making some mistakes.

And I always stretch just to feel loose I always feel stiff and less immobile when I don't stretch

Lurker

I'm a self admitted "player/coach" which drives my some of my friends nuts. They are the type who think basketball is a comedy routine which consists of touchdown passes after you get the rebound to the guy running to the other end cherry picking because they didn't bother to play defense, wild random half court heaves and crazy passes that fly out of bounds. They find this highly amusing and a good resource of their time. I like to play "organized" ball where people are actually trying, and I'd get flack for that...so now I play with random people at the courts who play cause they actually want to play the game.

I've known the excuse makers, the immoble guy and the guy who thinks he can dunk but the absolute worst are the never fouls guy. I knew a few of them and they were so delusional that they would brag that they shut down their man all game. They are always the first people to accuse others of calling too many fouls.

Lurker

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    lol Every spring when im first trying to get my legs back, i dont have my normal lateral quickness so i have a habit if kneeing my opponents in the thigh when they try to drive by me. I cant stop myself from doing it, im naturally a dirty player. I was fouling the sh*t out of dudes the other day lol. But you'll never see me call a foul, i dont think there should be any fouls when your playin street ball.
    I'm cool with playing no fouls if the people playing are good, have respect and don't need fouls to actually play the game.

I played a game where people weren't worried about calling fouls and we were playing to 21 and my team was up 20 to 8. My teammates kept passing me the rock and one of their guys would run up and literally grab my arms and yank them down when I was trying to shoot. This went on about 5 or 6 times until they got the score down to 20 to 15. I finally had a teammate run up and set a pick/body check the guy into the fence so we could win the game. After the game the guy came up to me and said "nice shot...I had you shut down there for a while though...."

uhhh....yeah.