Thread: Should the Knicks look at FA's?

Hybrid View

Default Should the Knicks look at FA's?

At this point in the season there's very little left in the free agent pool, but looking at our lineup we might want to look at a late addition.

With Jeffries out and I believe Jordan currently in the D-League (probably will be recalled soon), our lineup is very small.

Chandler, Jorts, "Novak" are our only 3 available bigs right now possibly Jordan when he comes back but he's very very raw.

Would you rather take a gamble on Jordan/an FA or do you think Mike Woodson will prefer to go small?

Potential lineups:

Lin/Baron
    Shump/Smith
    Fields/Smith
    Melo/Novak
    Tyson/Jorts/Jordan

And that's if Melo even manages to play after the groin tweak. We all know what happened last time the groin took him out.

List of current free agents (updated 23/3) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

I'm fairly annoyed they released Balkman. It's true he cannot re-sign is it not?

Sheed for the 4?

EDIT:

I see Oden and Wilcox on that list. Oden probably not worth it.....Wilcox could be of use.

We had to release someone. I guess it should have maybe been Bibby though.

Also I wouldn't judge that list as entirely accurate, I mean unless Sheed wants to make a comeback... He has been retired since 2010

Caracter is really the only one I would even consider in that bunch but you never know what will happen people can get released at this point in the season, we've seen a couple of decent players get bought out recently like Diaw (SHOULD HAVE SIGNED).

Wilcox has heart issues that's why he was waived. I don't think he can play.

Superstar

Originally Posted by smokes

Wilcox has heart issues that's why he was waived. I don't think he can play.
    This is becoming a bad trend in the NBA.

very sucky list of FA lol, dont really want anyone on their maybe a DJ mbenga thats about it he's 7foot and can rebound and block a few shots.

BTW Jerome was on the bench at the knicks vs bucks game

@smokes: Bibby's gone anyway after the season, the only problem is that Balkman's contract still counts against our payroll. Except of MB leaving and his spot being replaced by a 2nd rounder I don't see any changes... we'll have 8 players under contracts during the offseason + it's almost guaranteed we're going to resign Lintendo, Fields and Jeffries. We can also keep Walker, Novak and Davis unless they're willing to move somewhere else for more dough. IMO it will be the first Knicks offseason in years without any major changes.