I thought about writing my own metaphors, but found this via an
online article. And, couldn't have done any better.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
But, I'll add my own:
- Learn and master the fundamentals of the game.
- Be prepared both mentally and physically.
- Be unselfish and a team player.
- Be alert and aware. Anticipate the play.
- If the plays aren't working, re-adjust the game plan.
- Never give up on the play. Persevere.
- Win more games than you lose, but accept both victory and defeat graciously.
- There are no guarantees in life. One minute you might be on top, the next minute you could be losing miserably. Vice versa.
- Don't pay attention to what others say. Fans/people can be very fickle. They may put you on a pedestal one day, then bad mouth you the next.
- Don't take things seriously. Life is short, so enjoy the game/life while you can.
- Negativity is a reflection of unhappy people. Only they feel good about celebrating the misery of another human being.
- It doesn't matter whether or not you "lose the ball", it matters that you try your best to get it back for the "slam dunk!"
Keep the faith, always!