Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 317181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 376

Thread: KNICKS vs MAGIC OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - MARCH 28, 2012

  1. #331
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,788
    Rep Power
    17

    Default


    GREAT GAME!!!


    Would like to see more of the Jordan/Jorts/Douglas lineup

  2. #332
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    hahahhahahhaha 7 shots for Dwight. He looked so pissed on the sideline. Good stuff Tyson, the man is a beast sorrounded by boys.

  3. #333
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Any team with a player that can guard howard 1v1 just decimates orlando's offense.

  4. #334
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    When Lin gets back he has to feed Melo the ball like Baron did. Allow him to lead and create for others when the double comes. He certainly can't just come back playing like a shooting guard.

  5. #335
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    This is the statement game. Way to bring it, boys.

  6. #336
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Damn Celtics win again when we win.

  7. #337
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

    I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

    I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

    If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.

  8. #338
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,788
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    When Lin gets back he has to feed Melo the ball like Baron did. Allow him to lead and create for others when the double comes. He certainly can't just come back playing like a shooting guard.

    I dont know.....everybody was a shooting guard in this game, except the dual between Howard vs Chandler

  9. #339
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by tkrieger
    I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

    I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

    I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

    If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.
    Honestly, stat been playing good defense as of late. and u forgot to add bibby to his own group,call it useless.

  10. #340
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by bash
    Honestly, stat been playing good defense as of late. and u forgot to add bibby to his own group,call it useless.
    I did forget Bibby...... Stat's biggest problem is rebounding....... Maybe he needs to be healthy, but this back injury is a killer.........

  11. #341
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by tkrieger
    I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

    I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

    I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

    If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.
    Rebounding and defense haven't been an issue when since MDA left STAT was playing prob some of the best ALL around ball of his career before his injury.

    But it is a blessing in disguise have Amare and more so Lin injured because Melo can go to work. I still believe Lin was one of the main thing holding Melo back he simply does not feed Melo enough like Baron does.

  12. #342
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,788
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by tkrieger
    I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

    I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

    I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

    If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.

    8 wins in 9 games.....u have to be more than cruel on how the players use to perform....
    Woody's beginning plan of building chemistry seem to be working 8-1

  13. #343
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,788
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Rebounding and defense haven't been an issue when since MDA left STAT was playing prob some of the best ALL around ball of his career before his injury.

    But it is a blessing in disguise have Amare and more so Lin injured because Melo can go to work. I still believe Lin was one of the main thing holding Melo back he simply does not feed Melo enough like Baron does.

    The Knicks have a "LOADED" roster....which needed playingtime together to co-exist as
    several different lineups (team-chemistry)....we didnt need a "SYSTEM" with one lineup
    featuring 3 star players (Tyson/Stat/Melo) for 40 minutes a game....bye bye Dantoni

  14. #344
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks have a "LOADED" roster....which needed playingtime together to co-exist as
    several different lineups (team-chemistry)....we didnt need a "SYSTEM" with one lineup
    featuring 3 star players (Tyson/Stat/Melo) for 40 minutes a game....f*ck Dantoni
    fixed it, k-man

  15. #345
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    i wana keep this roster for a long time.. just tweak it a bit.. like trading 2 more players that we dont use

Similar Threads

  1. Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2011, 18:08
  2. I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2010, 17:15
  3. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 14:53
  4. Game 1: NYK@MIA 10/28 7:30PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2009, 00:36
  5. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •