Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 317181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: KNICKS vs MAGIC OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - MARCH 28, 2012

Veteran

GREAT GAME!!!

Would like to see more of the Jordan/Jorts/Douglas lineup

hahahhahahhaha 7 shots for Dwight. He looked so pissed on the sideline. Good stuff Tyson, the man is a beast sorrounded by boys.

Any team with a player that can guard howard 1v1 just decimates orlando's offense.

When Lin gets back he has to feed Melo the ball like Baron did. Allow him to lead and create for others when the double comes. He certainly can't just come back playing like a shooting guard.

This is the statement game. Way to bring it, boys.

Damn Celtics win again when we win.

I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    When Lin gets back he has to feed Melo the ball like Baron did. Allow him to lead and create for others when the double comes. He certainly can't just come back playing like a shooting guard.

I dont know.....everybody was a shooting guard in this game, except the dual between Howard vs Chandler

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.
    Honestly, stat been playing good defense as of late. and u forgot to add bibby to his own group,call it useless.

Originally Posted by bash
    Honestly, stat been playing good defense as of late. and u forgot to add bibby to his own group,call it useless.
    I did forget Bibby...... Stat's biggest problem is rebounding....... Maybe he needs to be healthy, but this back injury is a killer.........

Rebounding and defense haven't been an issue when since MDA left STAT was playing prob some of the best ALL around ball of his career before his injury.

But it is a blessing in disguise have Amare and more so Lin injured because Melo can go to work. I still believe Lin was one of the main thing holding Melo back he simply does not feed Melo enough like Baron does.

Veteran

8 wins in 9 games.....u have to be more than cruel on how the players use to perform....
    Woody's beginning plan of building chemistry seem to be working 8-1

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Rebounding and defense haven't been an issue when since MDA left STAT was playing prob some of the best ALL around ball of his career before his injury.

But it is a blessing in disguise have Amare and more so Lin injured because Melo can go to work. I still believe Lin was one of the main thing holding Melo back he simply does not feed Melo enough like Baron does.

The Knicks have a "LOADED" roster....which needed playingtime together to co-exist as
    several different lineups (team-chemistry)....we didnt need a "SYSTEM" with one lineup
    featuring 3 star players (Tyson/Stat/Melo) for 40 minutes a game....bye bye Dantoni

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks have a "LOADED" roster....which needed playingtime together to co-exist as
    several different lineups (team-chemistry)....we didnt need a "SYSTEM" with one lineup
    featuring 3 star players (Tyson/Stat/Melo) for 40 minutes a game....f*ck Dantoni
    fixed it, k-man

i wana keep this roster for a long time.. just tweak it a bit.. like trading 2 more players that we dont use