KNICKS vs MAGIC OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - MARCH 28, 2012

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.

Rebounding and defense haven't been an issue when since MDA left STAT was playing prob some of the best ALL around ball of his career before his injury.

But it is a blessing in disguise have Amare and more so Lin injured because Melo can go to work. I still believe Lin was one of the main thing holding Melo back he simply does not feed Melo enough like Baron does.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hate to sound cruel, but when the Knicks were losing, Amare was a big liability on defense and on the boards, and Melo lacked motivation under D'Antoni........ Now Amare did make some key defensive plays in the Sixers game, but since he's been gone, rebounding and defense have not been an issue with this club........

I do think aside from Fields and Amare, all Knicks players are above average defenders. And I think this is why we've had some unexpectedly one-sided blowout victories.

I'm also getting the impression that Coach Woodson might be the best thing to happen to Melo- He is focused at both ends of the floor like I've haven't seen in a long time. When not playing, he's no longer pouting either. He's instead on the stationary bike.

If nothing else, Jeremy Lin now knows he doesn't have to be Superman in order for the Knicks to win....... Just keep up his defense (the most underrated part of his game), take whatever the opposing defense gives, and feed Melo, Chandler, and Novak whenever any are open. If Lin scores 6 points on 4 shots, and gets at least 8 assists, the Knicks can beat anyone.

8 wins in 9 games.....u have to be more than cruel on how the players use to perform....
Woody's beginning plan of building chemistry seem to be working 8-1

Kiyaman

Legend
Rebounding and defense haven't been an issue when since MDA left STAT was playing prob some of the best ALL around ball of his career before his injury.

But it is a blessing in disguise have Amare and more so Lin injured because Melo can go to work. I still believe Lin was one of the main thing holding Melo back he simply does not feed Melo enough like Baron does.

The Knicks have a "LOADED" roster....which needed playingtime together to co-exist as
several different lineups (team-chemistry)....we didnt need a "SYSTEM" with one lineup
featuring 3 star players (Tyson/Stat/Melo) for 40 minutes a game....bye bye Dantoni

CoolClyde

The Knicks have a "LOADED" roster....which needed playingtime together to co-exist as
several different lineups (team-chemistry)....we didnt need a "SYSTEM" with one lineup
featuring 3 star players (Tyson/Stat/Melo) for 40 minutes a game....f*ck Dantoni

fixed it, k-man

Number3

Benchwarmer
i wana keep this roster for a long time.. just tweak it a bit.. like trading 2 more players that we dont use

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
すごい!

like Robin the boyee wonder to your Bat Man?
of course, you are the king of game threads, it would be my honor.
thanks for props.
:beer:
linhope.jpg

Batman and Robin? NEVER!

Dude, I copy and paste. You create. Major difference. Same goes for Dzwonsson.

I need to get on to that.

Just dubbed the Hawks game. Keen?

AMazing defensive, team oriented win.

The league needs to add tap out rebounds as actual rebounds for TC. He's been incredible in that regard throughout this entire 8-1 run.

SHUMP - Pistol Grip Pump! Wow. Phenomenal on both ends. Quentin Bitch-hard-son was clearly BEYOND frustrated that Shump was choking their perimeter game. Eat a fat one.

Davis, savvy.

Jorts did well on the glass, but, as Woodson said, dude's gotta get a better engine.

Amazing win, and a catapult as we go in against the Hawks after they've lost to both Boston and Milwaukee in their last 2. I really don't think they have what it takes to roll with this crew of stingy pirates! RAaaaaaaaggggghhhh.:peace:

kinein

Benchwarmer
When Lin gets back he has to feed Melo the ball like Baron did. Allow him to lead and create for others when the double comes. He certainly can't just come back playing like a shooting guard.

There were like 6 people acting like SG. What are you talking about?

Do you ALWAYS have to say something negative about Lin. I mean the guys not even playing.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
There were like 6 people acting like SG. What are you talking about?

Do you ALWAYS have to say something negative about Lin. I mean the guys not even playing.

Is this guy talking about the same jeremy lin that went UNDEFEATED when Melo was out.Melo might be the star but Jeremy lin is running this team b/c thats what pg's are supposed to do.Lin does'nt quit on his team like one player did too.Lin does'nt cry and moan either when he is not getting his way like a certin player does.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
KO'ers are so predictable.

When Linsanity was going on, they wanted Melo to fit in when he came back.

Now Knicks went on a three-game winning streak, all of a sudden Lin is the one who needed to fit in when he comes back.

Obviously no one believes that Melo and Lin can co-exist. WTF.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Is this guy talking about the same jeremy lin that went UNDEFEATED when Melo was out.Melo might be the star but Jeremy lin is running this team b/c thats what pg's are supposed to do.Lin does'nt quit on his team like one player did too.Lin does'nt cry and moan either when he is not getting his way like a certin player does.

Yah! Its beyond predictable. You know that the hate is strong ~ when instead of celebrating the players that played and the team - they decide to pick on a guy that didn't even play. Some very ungrateful fans, who don't appreciate the : NEVER QUIT, NEVER GIVEUP in some of the new stars on the team! :gony:

But back to dancing because haters gonna hate.

1gnIc.gif

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
KO'ers are so predictable.

Not only that, some live with a terribly short/selective memory. How did Knicks and their fans feel at a time when they were 8-15?
They were seemly out of playoff. Absolutely despair and looking for anything that can spark the team. One of the problems EVERYONE pointed out was: Knicks has no PG!

For some miracle chain of events, in came Lin and uplifted the Knicks to another level and a catalyst in bringing something the team didn't have: winning attitude.

Lin isn't flashy or athletic, nor will he be the best PG in the league anytime soon. But people love his hustle. He is the blue-collar of an NBA player. And to have so much against him in most of the threads is purely blinded by...passion (hate to use the word 'hate').

BTW, great win for the team and especially happy for Melo and hope his long slump is ancient history!

kinein

Benchwarmer
Not only that, some live with a terribly short/selective memory. How did Knicks and their fans feel at a time when they were 8-15?
They were seemly out of playoff. Absolutely despair and looking for anything that can spark the team. One of the problems EVERYONE pointed out was: Knicks has no PG!

For some miracle chain of events, in came Lin and uplifted the Knicks to another level and a catalyst in bringing something the team didn't have: winning attitude.

Lin isn't flashy or athletic, nor will he be the best PG in the league anytime soon. But people love his hustle. He is the blue-collar of an NBA player. And to have so much against him in most of the threads is purely blinded by...passion (hate to use the word 'hate').

BTW, great win for the team and especially happy for Melo and hope his long slump is ancient history!

Couldn't have said it better. :peace:

fender0577

Rotation player
Great win, i missed it, because i was out getting drunk.But these are the kind of wins, we need for the rest of the year.:peace:

tiger0330

Legend
Just goes to show you what a decent coach could do with this team. They are finally a basketball team... finally.
Hard to believe that dumping D'Antoni made the difference but results don't lie. Shorthanded, missing a couple of key pieces in Stat and Lin and still beat one of the top 10 teams in the league.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player

So off topic but is this what my tax money is going too?!?!? (although that is kinda awesome)

This game was amazing to be at. I have season tickets and the seats next to me are owned by the NBA so last night I sat next to David Kahn and I'm not even that close to the court. At first he was sort of a jerk and didn't want to talk to anyone but as I was checking the stats to other games he was asking me about updates. I guess he wanted to see a real team play ball.

Ps. I tried to work a little TD and Fields and Jorts for Love trade be he wash't having it.

Last edited:

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I sometimes have a habit of visiting opposition's fan forum after a huge Knicks win. Last night was no exception. Absolutely hilarious!

One predicted a 36-point win by Magic.

Here is one post from a six-year-old member that tops them all...

One member wrote:

seriously, what is our problem playing against teams shorn of stars?

it's just like someone said in the first page of this post "a random benchwarmer will score 30pts (tonight for the Knicsk)"

Old timer replied:

It was me. Say hello to Shumpert. He'll Shumpert the heck outta your team.

This team melts down so nicely in national TV it's artistic. They melt like a nice velveeta cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich.

fender0577

Rotation player
Hard to believe that dumping D'Antoni made the difference but results don't lie. Shorthanded, missing a couple of key pieces in Stat and Lin and still beat one of the top 10 teams in the league.
It's really not that hard to believe, the guy was an idiot.If you know anything about ball, you'd see he wasn't to bright, and for all the ko'ers that supported that retard, i know they saw it, but didn't want to admit they were wrong.:peace: