KNICKS vs MAGIC OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - MARCH 28, 2012

kinein

Benchwarmer
I sometimes have a habit of visiting opposition's fan forum after a huge Knicks win. Last night was no exception. Absolutely hilarious!

One predicted a 36-point win by Magic.

Here is one post from a six-year-old member that tops them all...

One member wrote:

seriously, what is our problem playing against teams shorn of stars?

it's just like someone said in the first page of this post "a random benchwarmer will score 30pts (tonight for the Knicsk)"

Old timer replied:

It was me. Say hello to Shumpert. He'll Shumpert the heck outta your team.

This team melts down so nicely in national TV it's artistic. They melt like a nice velveeta cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich.

I do it all the time - makes watching the game interesting seeing the build-up and aftermath.

Their gamethread was hilarious at first.

- Nice shot.
- Good pass.
- Rebound!

Then the whining and QQing got unbearable.

kinein

Benchwarmer
So off topic but is this what my tax money is going too?!?!? (although that is kinda awesome)

This game was amazing to be at. I have season tickets and the seats next to me are owned by the NBA so last night I sat next to David Kahn and I'm not even that close to the court. At first he was sort of a jerk and didn't want to talk to anyone but as I was checking the stats to other games he was asking me about updates. I guess he wanted to see a real team play ball.

Ps. I tried to work a little TD and Fields and Jorts for Love trade be he wash't having it.

Haha lol cool. :peace:

I can't verify which military that guy represented so I'm unable to do anything but LoL :p

Kevin Love would be an amazing addition to the Knicks - but unlike Dwight Howard I think Love is going to be a Timberwolf for life from what I understand. :boohoo:

metrocard

Legend
bQvzN.gif

nyk_nyk

All Star
There were like 6 people acting like SG. What are you talking about?

Do you ALWAYS have to say something negative about Lin. I mean the guys not even playing.

How the hell was that even negative? Your extreme Lin attraction is blinding you and rendering you incapable of insight.

Baron was MAKING SURE Melo got the ball in his sweet spots. All I'm saying is Lin should follow suit and do this as well. He can and will need to score but a better effort needs to be made to get our star player the ball. That's all.

Please point out where any of that is negative towards Lin?? Damn dude, stop babysitting the guy.

kinein

Benchwarmer
How the hell was that even negative? Your extreme Lin attraction is blinding you and rendering you incapable of insight.

Baron was MAKING SURE Melo got the ball in his sweet spots. All I'm saying is Lin should follow suit and do this as well. He can and will need to score but a better effort needs to be made to get our star player the ball. That's all.

Please point out where any of that is negative towards Lin?? Damn dude, stop babysitting the guy.

:teeth: I derno I think I'm biased and think you hate Lin with all your heart hahaha.

* As Light counters Darkness

* I must post to counter-weight your statements, because it sounds negative!

Your clarification is appreciated, I agree and also think that Lin is learning a lot watching BD deliver the ball to Melo. BD is a mentor to Lin and has been. I think the disconnect is - what I already assume and know to be true, you pose as if Lin is not already - learning in progress.

So based on that disconnect, and your statement - it sounds like your being negative and hateful.

iJoe

Rotation player

You've got to keep in mind that its a new situation and new game plan. There is no Amare. That of course makes Melo the new center of attention.

Baron also has a much higher turnover rate than Lin so anyone claiming Lin's TOs as a weakness is moot.

Both players have unique weaknesses and strengths, but the way I see it.... Baron is old, Lin is young. Play Lin and get him as much experience as possible. Baron is the perfect backup to teach him. We will soon need another young PG cause Bibby is definitely not cutting it.

If you're a true fan, you'll want Lin to grow in spite of all the hype. The fact that you think he has so many weaknesses means he just has that much more room to improve. He can be a true beast once he gets more experience.

Not only that, some live with a terribly short/selective memory. How did Knicks and their fans feel at a time when they were 8-15?
They were seemly out of playoff. Absolutely despair and looking for anything that can spark the team. One of the problems EVERYONE pointed out was: Knicks has no PG!

For some miracle chain of events, in came Lin and uplifted the Knicks to another level and a catalyst in bringing something the team didn't have: winning attitude.

Lin isn't flashy or athletic, nor will he be the best PG in the league anytime soon. But people love his hustle. He is the blue-collar of an NBA player. And to have so much against him in most of the threads is purely blinded by...passion (hate to use the word 'hate').

BTW, great win for the team and especially happy for Melo and hope his long slump is ancient history!

You say nice things which I appreciate, but you sir are one of the many blinded by the color of Jeremy Lin's skin. If you don't think Lin is athletic, please check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inarvjDJuHo

It's ESPN's Sport Science on Jeremy Lin. After watching you will see that you are wrong about Lin not being athletic.

novaman

Benchwarmer
Let's step aside from the arguing/debating and think about the ramifications of the Magic blowout for a second....

If Melo is out of his slump.....if Schump is going to start lighting it up like this.... if Novack and Smith are going to consistently put up 3's.....

Then this Knicks team is really deep, and could be really scary!

metrocard

Legend
You've got to keep in mind that its a new situation and new game plan. There is no Amare. That of course makes Melo the new center of attention.

Baron also has a much higher turnover rate than Lin so anyone claiming Lin's TOs as a weakness is moot.

Both players have unique weaknesses and strengths, but the way I see it.... Baron is old, Lin is young. Play Lin and get him as much experience as possible. Baron is the perfect backup to teach him. We will soon need another young PG cause Bibby is definitely not cutting it.

If you're a true fan, you'll want Lin to grow in spite of all the hype. The fact that you think he has so many weaknesses means he just has that much more room to improve. He can be a true beast once he gets more experience.

A lot of shut down-style points made, great post.

Benchwarmer
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Not only that, some live with a terribly short/selective memory. How did Knicks and their fans feel at a time when they were 8-15?
They were seemly out of playoff. Absolutely despair and looking for anything that can spark the team. One of the problems EVERYONE pointed out was: Knicks has no PG!

For some miracle chain of events, in came Lin and uplifted the Knicks to another level and a catalyst in bringing something the team didn't have: winning attitude.

Lin isn't flashy or athletic, nor will he be the best PG in the league anytime soon. But people love his hustle. He is the blue-collar of an NBA player. And to have so much against him in most of the threads is purely blinded by...passion (hate to use the word 'hate').

BTW, great win for the team and especially happy for Melo and hope his long slump is ancient history!

You say nice things which I appreciate, but you sir are one of the many blinded by the color of Jeremy Lin's skin. If you don't think Lin is athletic, please check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inarvjDJuHo

It's ESPN's Sport Science on Jeremy Lin. After watching you will see that you are wrong about Lin not being athletic.

1) I don't get that Cuckoo is being blinded by Lin's color from reading his post? It seems he's praising him.

2) I know I should stay out of this, but though I think highly of Lin, it's
difficult to sway people when they've already made up their mind about someone. I believe that he is a talented athlete, but he still
needs playing time to get more experience. And, even then, it doesn't guarantee that fans will appreciate him like we do. :mrgreen:

Benchwarmer
Let's step aside from the arguing/debating and think about the ramifications of the Magic blowout for a second....

If Melo is out of his slump.....if Schump is going to start lighting it up like this.... if Novack and Smith are going to consistently put up 3's.....

Then this Knicks team is really deep, and could be really scary!

:agreed:

With every passing game, it's getting more and more exciting!
:crossfingers:

Haha lol cool. :peace:

I can't verify which military that guy represented so I'm unable to do anything but LoL :p

Kevin Love would be an amazing addition to the Knicks - but unlike Dwight Howard I think Love is going to be a Timberwolf for life from what I understand. :boohoo:

Yeah sadly, KLove is one of my favourite non-Knick players right now, beside Durant.

Amar'e + Fields + Douglas + 2013 first + 2016 first + 2014 2nd for Love.

Never gonna happen though but a duo of Chandler and Love? Wow....like Duncan and Robinson for the Spurs. Add Lin and Melo to that and you have a dynasty.

Such a shame we didn't trade up in 2008 to grab Love and went with Gallo instead....such a wasted opportunity on one of the best power forwards in decades.

fender0577

Rotation player
Yeah sadly, KLove is one of my favourite non-Knick players right now, beside Durant.

Amar'e + Fields + Douglas + 2013 first + 2016 first + 2014 2nd for Love.

Never gonna happen though but a duo of Chandler and Love? Wow....like Duncan and Robinson for the Spurs. Add Lin and Melo to that and you have a dynasty.

Such a shame we didn't trade up in 2008 to grab Love and went with Gallo instead....such a wasted opportunity on one of the best power forwards in decades.
Aren't you tired of giving up picks, i like KL to, but that's way to much.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer

Take Melo's shooting back to the first 7 games of the season. His FG was 46%. His 3P was 39% and averaged 2/game. So obviously he was comfortable shooting anywhere on the floor during that time! Then the slump began.
When a player is in a slump, two things usually happen:
1. He shoots less because he loses confidence in his shooting.
2. Coach will call his number less and teamates will pass less.
Longer the slump, less calls by the coach. It's a vicious cycle.

For the past 2.5 months, Melo missed shots that he wouldve usually made; open, uncontested shots. Many were short distance from the basket, well within the range of his comfort zone. But the shots just weren't falling. That's why people call it a 'slump.'

Not blinded by color, sir. Perhaps i shouldve used "gifted" instead of "athletic"

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Epic thread CC!!! I'm giving props and +rep for this effort(better late than nothing, right?)...keep it going "boy wonder." Between you and Batman(Crazy8s) these threads are a joy to behold. No dis to other GT contributors by any means...they are all great, but you boys need to step your game up to compete with the KO Dynamic Duo!