Wacky Trade Scenario

starpula

Benchwarmer
Let me preface this by saying that the follwoing rumor has no backing what so ever. I thought of it after reading this blurb from the Bergon Record: "KNICKS BRIEF: Shandon Anderson said he's been in constant contact with his agent, Dan Fegan, regarding his potential escape from the Knicks, but nothing is pending, including a buyout. Told he could help the Nets as he glanced down their roster, he simply smiled and nodded."

SO here it is.... Shandon Anderson for Alonzo Mourning.

Nets get a solid defender to go with Buford and Mercer at SG and a backup for Jefferson. Plus the Nets havent been so keen on Zo returning.

Knicks take a chance with Zo. On this team, he`d only need to play 10-15 minutes a game. If Zo cant play, he`s not a cancer and can be an inspiration to his teammates.

If Clemens can be a Yankee and Lindros a Ranger, why not Mourning a Knick????

Trin_Starr

Starter
That's not a bad idea
Anderson is scheduled to make $23mil over the next 3 years and Mourning is $18mil for 3 years. NJ will need to send over a scrub to make salaries match.
Other than that, I see only a win win situation for the knicks

With the way Ariza playing, Anderson is never going to play again for the knicks. He will just be sitting on the bench collecting a HUGE paycheck. At least with Mourning, we can take the risk. From last night's game, we need a center. DaSilva was right when he said Nazr is good at what he does......he's a backup center and that's it. With Mourning, Baker and Nazr, Mourning will not have to play extensive minutes. With his playoff experience, he will be a good force on the court and in the locker room.
And if he doesn't work out, at least it's better not wasting the money on anderson and also the knicks will be able to get the injury exception if Mourning can no longer play. It's a smart move money wise for the knicks.

No one is going to trade for anderson straight up. His contract won't allow it. We need to take a chance, that's the only way he can get traded!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I'm not going to lie, there are lots of bad memories about Mourning and the Knicks...BUT this is the BEST trade idea I have heard so far where Anderson is in it. Getting rid of the scrub who is collecting mad loot for a MAYBE...hmmm not that tough of a decision in my book.

Annnddd once again, I'm sure most of you watched the game last night and I proved my point. Nazr can have potential but if he can't stay his ass on the court for a decent amount of minutes he is no good to us. Nazr picked up two or three fouls on the first few minutes of the first quarter last night and ended up playing one 13 minutes for the entire game...well Thank God for Baker.

newmove

Rotation player
Sounds crazy... I don't think Zo will recover and return on the court which means that this deal saves us 3mil. Not bad for a start. But anyways it sounds crazy. I dunno, maybe you guys are right about him but it seems to me this will never gonna happen.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i don't think that trade would happen, but if it does, the New York - Miami rivalry would become bigger than ever

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
We might as well get ZO...that would pretty much round out the fact that we are the Georgetown of the NBA...Ewing, Harrington, Mutombo, Sweetney, Williams...heck is Boumtje Boumtje still in the league? How about Jahadi White? Maybe we could even find Ralph Dalton (that one is for real Hoya fans).

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i think he wanted to say that he used to play for us, just like ewing, fwill and othella