View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many dimes will Melo have tonight?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

3 8.82%

6 17.65%

16 47.06%

7 20.59%

0 0%

2 5.88%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Hawks: Fri, March 30th @ 7:30pm. Bird Hunting To Ascend

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Everytime Woody gives them a day off they **** up.

from now on instead of giving them a day of, woody should make them have a FT-shooting practice.. a couple of hours of only FT-shooting cause they sure ass hell need it.

Two Fridays from today is Friday the 13th. Maybe Knicks will break the curse then.

Considering the loss of three key members to injury, this loss is somewhat acceptable. I am thrilled to see Melo's old self tonight.

Veteran

Something just didnt seem right about that LOSS....WTH we loss to our headcoach team....Woody put the Hawks Starters together in his 6 seasons....plus Alanta's one of my stompin grounds, I wouuldve been to damn fatique to win too

Veteran

Originally Posted by redarmy81
    from now on instead of giving them a day of, woody should make them have a FT-shooting practice.. a couple of hours of only FT-shooting cause they sure ass hell need it.

Atlanta does that to u

Originally Posted by redarmy81
    melo shot 48% while the rest shot 34% (without shump, cause beside melo he was the only other player out there) and i think melo passed the ball and played good on D. what did anyone else do? still except shump.. they played neither offense or defense. melo had 34 while the rest had 29 combined.. who could he possibly pass the ball to when none of the others could make any shot.
    Basketball requires team work, it's all about balance. Chandler (highest FG% in the NBA) and Novak (2nd highest 3P%) with 6 attempts combined and Carmelo with 24 attempts (regardless of his FG%) clearly shows our offense was unbalanced. I checked some stats and our record with Carmelo attempting >20 shots/game is 2-11 this season. Design some plays to make use of Chandler's =presence in the paint and Novak's ability to shoot threes. We won't win anything if we allow one guy (whoever it may be) to attempt more than 1/3 of all our shots.

Cool

Alright, I read up. We lost because

1. An injured BD, slow and ineffective
    2. Laundry Folded. (Please start Shump)
    3. Early turnovers. Thats a no no, and an indictment on BD
    4. Poor Bench scoring (Where's my Novakane?!?)
    5. Poor shooting decisions by JR
    6. Missed FT's.

Thats not bad. Laundry Folds gets replaced by Shump. Lin returns, or gets an MRI. Melo stays on fire. JJ returns.

I still have faith. Easy.

Originally Posted by Red
    Now let's see the adjustments.
    BD needs to know his role: pass first and handle his TOs like a veteran.

Melo: after a miss shot or TO, needs to learn how to remain composed instead of fouling or doing other stupid things.

JR: stop forcing 1-on-1 when the play isnt there.

Tyson: shoot 300 FT during off days.

Shump: keep up the good work!

Woodson: our Mob Deep isnt Mob Deep anymore without Lin, Stat and Jeffreis. Pathetically Sob Deep tonight. Needs to come up with a better rotation. Rotate shallow into the bench early and have at least 3 starters on the court the whole game.

Lol at the guys saying Melo taking too many shots costs us the game they must work for the daily news or somethin because he was the main reason we had a shot at winning

Originally Posted by htr10
    This game shows that if Jeffries, Lin, and STAT are not coming back soon, we just don't have enough rotation worthy bodies to play this condensed schedule and get a consistently good effort. Not sure what we can do roster wise at this point though. I can't imagine there are too many D League gems a la Earl Barron a couple years ago left.
    Earl Barron has been playing in the professional league in the Philippines the past 2 months. He still has a decent game and can even hit 3 point shots!

It seems painfully obvious now that we do need the Lin-Davis tandem. Without Lin, Davis was forced to play too many minutes and was a lot less effective. We are also seeing a dysfunctional second unit with Bibby running the show.

Just curious, what compromising photos does Bibby have on Woody to get so many playing minutes off the bench?

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Basketball requires team work, it's all about balance. Chandler (highest FG% in the NBA) and Novak (2nd highest 3P%) with 6 attempts combined and Carmelo with 24 attempts (regardless of his FG%) clearly shows our offense was unbalanced. I checked some stats and our record with Carmelo attempting >20 shots/game is 2-11 this season. Design some plays to make use of Chandler's =presence in the paint and Novak's ability to shoot threes. We won't win anything if we allow one guy (whoever it may be) to attempt more than 1/3 of all our shots.
    I completely agree with this and your previous comment.

Dont understand why MDA couldn't and now woodson can't run ray allen type plays for Novak where he is coming off screens for a jumper, much better than hoping that he will magically get open, which happened twice today...

ugh, this whole game was like a dagger to the heart, first watching JSmoove move and groove, Joey Johnson not missing, and then after Knicks defense stepped up, Willie Green being a Knick-killer! tough to win when the other team can't miss!

have to give the Knicks props for coming back, the 3Q defense was fantastic.
    Melo seemed to be back on target, but couldn't keep it up for 4 quarters.
    Shump played great on offense and defense, i believe coming back to his
    hometown of Georgia Tech played a role.

Baron von Hernia was hurting this game... 4 TO's, 4 dimes, 4 points? not good.

Junior Swish could not get it going on, and Novakaine was not doing enough to get open...
    1 for 2 in 20 minutes? c'mon Steve! the discount double check was missing big time, he needs to run
    without the ball, slip through screens, and get himself open on the perimeter. Hairlipson still looking
    weak, not even attempting 3's anymore. Bibby=Invisi-Bib. mob crap.

lastly 18 TO's vs 13 assists is NOT going to cut it in the NBA. man up dudes!

Hawks had one of those nights where someone was always on.
    f*ck it. next game.

Originally Posted by htr10
    This is vintage MDA Knicks right here. Losing a tough game because some bench fodder is having a career night against us. Friggin Willie Green no less
    Good thing Woodson is coaching and its the New York Knicks.

Without:

- Lin
    - Jeffries
    - Amare

* Baron is hurt, and he needs a full off-season to rehabilitate his body.
    * Melo is hurt

If Melo is taking 24 shots and Chandler only 4, something is not right.