View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many dimes will Melo have tonight?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

3 8.82%

6 17.65%

16 47.06%

7 20.59%

0 0%

2 5.88%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Hawks: Fri, March 30th @ 7:30pm. Bird Hunting To Ascend

Originally Posted by pat
    If Melo is taking 24 shots and Chandler only 4, something is not right.
    100%

2players against 5players don't win ball game. I rather have Melo score less and we win games than Melo score more and we lose games.

watched a different team tonight.

sux ass for woodson.

Veteran

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    It's not going to be as easy as tonight's blowout against Orlando but Knicks should still win this game easily.
    This team has been playing amazing basketball since Woody took over. They've been playing up to their potential.
    Go Knicks.
    yep...an easy win...

Originally Posted by onex0is0
    100%

2players against 5players don't win ball game. I rather have Melo score less and we win games than Melo score more and we lose games.
    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Basketball requires team work, it's all about balance. Chandler (highest FG% in the NBA) and Novak (2nd highest 3P%) with 6 attempts combined and Carmelo with 24 attempts (regardless of his FG%) clearly shows our offense was unbalanced. I checked some stats and our record with Carmelo attempting >20 shots/game is 2-11 this season. Design some plays to make use of Chandler's =presence in the paint and Novak's ability to shoot threes. We won't win anything if we allow one guy (whoever it may be) to attempt more than 1/3 of all our shots.
    @redarmy: the problem is on Wednesday 17% of all our shots were Carmelo's, tonight it's 34%. Carmelo shooting more means less touches for his teammates which turns into us losing. I prefer Carmelo scoring less but hitting higher percentage shots over Carmelo playing hero and willing to win it all which usually results in an L.
    Anybody blaming melo for this loss is either a serious melo hater or did not watch the game .There is a difference if everybody was hitting their shots and in a groove and melo was just refusing to pass the ball and chucking up shots that caused us the game, anybody watching this game knows that if it was not for melo and shump we would of gotten our asses blown out by 20+ points. The REASON we lost is because the rest of the team did not do sh*t with their opportunities they either missed their shots, did not take their shots, missed free-throws, turned the ball over, and played no defense. The only reason I say again the only reason in this game we even had a shot was because of melo and shump they are the only TWO who played defense and were scoring.Everybody needs to realize that melo is a superstar who can score he wants to win and has not been selfish if you watch any knick game you will see that. But there are games where he will have to take over like last night.Again anybody that actually saw that game should be thanking melo and shump for at least keeping it respectable not blaming them for the rest of the team playing like ass......

Originally Posted by shemmue0311
    Anybody blaming melo for this loss is either a serious melo hater or did not watch the game .There is a difference if everybody was hitting their shots and in a groove and melo was just refusing to pass the ball and chucking up shots that caused us the game, anybody watching this game knows that if it was not for melo and shump we would of gotten our asses blown out by 20+ points. The REASON we lost is because the rest of the team did not do sh*t with their opportunities they either missed their shots, did not take their shots, missed free-throws, turned the ball over, and played no defense. The only reason I say again the only reason in this game we even had a shot was because of melo and shump they are the only TWO who played defense and were scoring.Everybody needs to realize that melo is a superstar who can score he wants to win and has not been selfish if you watch any knick game you will see that. But there are games where he will have to take over like last night.Again anybody that actually saw that game should be thanking melo and shump for at least keeping it respectable not blaming them for the rest of the team playing like ass......
    exactly my point! people here are saying melo should have taken less shots cause we seem to lose when he takes many shots.. the man had more points then the rest of the team combined! (except for shump who was great too!) last night we had 2 players on the court. if melo had passed away some of his shots last night that game would have been over before the half.. the rest of the guys were missing free throws, layups. jr smith was 0-8 and missed all his free throws before he finally made a shot in the 4th, but he was still going 1on1 and shooting everytime he got the ball. HE should have been passing. BD should have passed more to his teammates instead of turning it over or having his shots blocked by jeff teague, a 6'2" guy.. fields, ah what to say about him, i still don't understand why he is a starter.

LOL at people who don't have a clue what it takes to win a basketball game. We played unwatchable isoball that kept most of our team out of the game. How dare you to talk about "missed opportunities" if Chandler, Novak and Fields took 10 shots combined? I agree Baron and Smith were chucking, but where was Woody then? What kind of basketball it is to give the green light to a couple of chuckers and exclude high percentage shooters? I'm not blaming Carmelo per se, I realize he did what he was asked to. I'm blaming the coach of not using our strengths.

LOL at people who don't have a clue what it takes to win a basketball game. We played unwatchable isoball that kept most of our team out of the game. How dare you to talk about "missed opportunities" if Chandler, Novak and Fields took 10 shots combined? I agree Baron and Smith were chucking, but where was Woody then? What kind of basketball it is to give the green light to a couple of chuckers and exclude high percentage shooters? I'm not blaming Carmelo per se, I realize he did what he was asked to. I'm blaming the coach of not using our strengths.
    So I'm guessing by your post the team didn't try to get other involved.

Fields doesn't take alot of shots, so I have no idea why you mentioned him.

Novak doesn't do what other three point bombers do, standing around in one spot waiting for the ball, usually won't get many attempts.

When he moved he got two shots.

Bottom line, Melo and Shumpert showed up to play, the rest didn't.

lack of good movement without the ball, poor passing allowed this game to deteriorate into a game of one on whatever basketball. And it wasn't all Melo's fault.

Veteran

I know somewhere in your post I agree with u but....REAL TALK

It was Chandler's worst game in 2 years, Chandler made 3 to 4 consistent mistakes each quarter playing like he was still a Bobcat....there is no excuse for Tyson Chandler poor lazy performance when Horford was DNP.

Woody knew we only needed "Lin-Sanity" speed to beat "his" ole Hawks starters by 10 or more points....or at least have Toney Douglas perform at an uptempo-transition for 20 minutes of running the ball with Shump/Fields/Novak/Jorts (a lineup we shouldve been developing).

Ole-Baron Davis did well playing starter minutes the previous 2 games....3 games was really pushing it big-time with Davis old uncondition body.
    Davis dont have that kind of gas in his tank any more....Davis is a decent 21 minute halfcourt offensive PG, u use for 7 minute runs as a starter or backup (only 21 minutes per game).

Will be continue in the Knicks vs Cavs Game Thread

Originally Posted by redarmy81
    exactly my point! people here are saying melo should have taken less shots cause we seem to lose when he takes many shots.. the man had more points then the rest of the team combined! (except for shump who was great too!) last night we had 2 players on the court. if melo had passed away some of his shots last night that game would have been over before the half.. the rest of the guys were missing free throws, layups. jr smith was 0-8 and missed all his free throws before he finally made a shot in the 4th, but he was still going 1on1 and shooting everytime he got the ball. HE should have been passing. BD should have passed more to his teammates instead of turning it over or having his shots blocked by jeff teague, a 6'2" guy.. fields, ah what to say about him, i still don't understand why he is a starter.
    Originally Posted by knickscity
    So I'm guessing by your post the team didn't try to get other involved.

Fields doesn't take alot of shots, so I have no idea why you mentioned him.

Novak doesn't do what other three point bombers do, standing around in one spot waiting for the ball, usually won't get many attempts.

When he moved he got two shots.

Bottom line, Melo and Shumpert showed up to play, the rest didn't.
    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I know somewhere in your post I agree with u but....REAL TALK

It was Chandler's worst game in 2 years, Chandler made 3 to 4 consistent mistakes each quarter playing like he was still a Bobcat....there is no excuse for Tyson Chandler poor lazy performance when Horford was DNP.

Woody knew we only needed "Lin-Sanity" speed to beat "his" ole Hawks starters by 10 or more points....or at least have Toney Douglas perform at an uptempo-transition for 20 minutes of running the ball with Shump/Fields/Novak/Jorts (a lineup we shouldve been developing).

Ole-Baron Davis did well playing starter minutes the previous 2 games....3 games was really pushing it big-time with Davis old uncondition body.
    Davis dont have that kind of gas in his tank any more....Davis is a decent 21 minute halfcourt offensive PG, u use for 7 minute runs as a starter or backup (only 21 minutes per game).

Will be continue in the Knicks vs Cavs Game Thread

If lin is going to be out significant time, BD needs to have his minutes reduced BIG time in the famous words of Rick Pettino "the 07 Baron Davis is not walking thru that door "....

Agreed. Now can we finally put to rest the BD needs to be the PG and Lin needs to sit, watch and learn. Poor Baron's body just can't do it anymore

Originally Posted by paris401
    yep...an easy win...
    LOL. I am off Woody's bandwagon now.

Baron is too old. He can't handle the minutes. Come back soon, Lin, from your Linjury.

Bibby is too old. WTF did he do to warrant the minutes Woody is giving him?

JR is too iso-happy. Woody has to remind him there are four other teammates on the floor.

Team needs to stop partying on off-days, especially on Thursday nights. Haven't they learned their lesson in Toronto?

If we had won that game we would have all been praising Melo for carrying the team on his back.

C'mon, look at it both ways. Give him a break.

I think everybody had an off night, from tyson and baron to coach woodson. melo and shump were the exception, and were the only reason this wasnt a complete blowout.

it happens. lets move on, beat the cavs and get back to winning mode. in that sense, the cavs game is great for us. just imagine us playing the heat / chicago / celtics (in their current form). it could have been a lot worse.

Originally Posted by lookgrabpull
    I think everybody had an off night, from tyson and baron to coach woodson. melo and shump were the exception, and were the only reason this wasnt a complete blowout.

it happens. lets move on, beat the cavs and get back to winning mode. in that sense, the cavs game is great for us. just imagine us playing the heat / chicago / celtics (in their current form). it could have been a lot worse.