Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 2012-13 Off-Season Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Nyk Logo 2012-13 Off-Season Thread

    I decided to start this thread now because there's definitely gonna be a problematic off-season situation for that I think is currently overlooked.

    Other than our Big 3 & Shump, TD, Jorts and Jerome who are locked in contracts ;

    If Lin gets the MLE, we're going to have a potential problem re-signing
    Novak (Is a $5-6 mil player at least imo, unlike what most thought earlier on)
    Fields (We have his bird rights. He's probably gonna stay unless he's not wanted which I highly doubt.)
    JR (If he gets a better offer than the $2.5 mil option, he's probably gonna dip, with the way he's playing, he's worth more than the $2.5).

    I believe Baron and Jeffries will continue taking the vet min.

    That still leaves Bibby and Walker in unclear situations, but I see them getting cut at the end (unless they're OK enough for resigning vet min..?)

    Here's the salary situation, what are you're opinions?

    Last edited by YuvalNYC; Mar 29, 2012 at 10:23.

  2. #2
    Member BrianMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That Stat salary is such a killer, if he lived up to the paycheck then it would be a different story, but it's always something with him. I really hope that they can keep JR (who knows, maybe he will take the option, doubtful but one can dream), it may even be worth getting him the job over fields, then you can have (starting):

    Melo
    Chandler
    Lin
    Shump
    JR

    I like fields, but will he always be streaky, or is this not foretelling of the future?

  3. #3
    Member c0leworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    we gotta keep fields man. when this dude gets a jumpshot hes gonna be a humongous piece to our game

  4. #4
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by BrianMan
    That Stat salary is such a killer, if he lived up to the paycheck then it would be a different story, but it's always something with him. I really hope that they can keep JR (who knows, maybe he will take the option, doubtful but one can dream), it may even be worth getting him the job over fields, then you can have (starting):

    Melo
    Chandler
    Lin
    Shump
    JR

    I like fields, but will he always be streaky, or is this not foretelling of the future?
    You mean

    Melo
    Chandler
    STAT
    Lin
    Shump/JR ..

  5. #5
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Novak will not get 5-6 million. Tust me.

  6. #6
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I think people are way too used to the last 3-4 seasons where most Knicks players have been like nomadic cats who come and go as they please.

    This Knicks team is a hell of a lot more stable, you can see there is chemistry and comraderie between the players. It also can't be understated that we are a winning team and under Woodson a VERY winning team...

    We are also one of those few franchises like Miami, Chicago, OKC where free agents would love to come and sign on the cheap to win a ring.

    I think we won't have any issue getting everyone back next year. Possibly JR Smith as I worry about his money. He was on pretty decent contracts in Denver yet he had to go to China (for money?) so let's hope he isn't blowing his mills too quick.

  7. #7
    Newbie atikiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    I think people are way too used to the last 3-4 seasons where most Knicks players have been like nomadic cats who come and go as they please.

    This Knicks team is a hell of a lot more stable, you can see there is chemistry and comraderie between the players. It also can't be understated that we are a winning team and under Woodson a VERY winning team...

    We are also one of those few franchises like Miami, Chicago, OKC where free agents would love to come and sign on the cheap to win a ring.

    I think we won't have any issue getting everyone back next year. Possibly JR Smith as I worry about his money. He was on pretty decent contracts in Denver yet he had to go to China (for money?) so let's hope he isn't blowing his mills too quick.
    Hard to contend for a ring when your $21mil big man is down for the count.

  8. #8
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    There's not a team in this league that would give Novak 6 mill. Jr said he'll most likely stay and Lin will obviously be resigned with the MLE at the most. Fields hopefully will not be back, im getting tired of him and that hideous shot of his.

  9. #9
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    There's not a team in this league that would give Novak 6 mill. Jr said he'll most likely stay and Lin will obviously be resigned with the MLE at the most. Fields hopefully will not be back, im getting tired of him and that hideous shot of his.

    Lol yes, I agree with this! Funny cuz your sig, but do we all recall how good we thought Shawne Williams was off the bench for us? We offered him the minimum, he walked on a barely better offer from the Nyets... I love Novak aka the white mamba, but he's not gonna be getting 5-6 mill offers, was too one dimensional, he's a super useful piece, but just a piece, teams can't afford that much of their cap for a guy that doesn't do more, I think Novak will be looking at 2-3 mill

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Drop Fields
    Drop Douglas
    Drop Bibby

    Resign Lin
    Resign Jefferies
    Resign Novak

    Draft a PG, SG or a big man for potential and depth
    Sign a FA SG

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2010, 20:02
  2. Knicks Season Tickets
    By nyknicks88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 30, 2010, 13:39
  3. NY Yankees 2009 Season Thread
    By th3realicon in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: Nov 06, 2009, 14:28
  4. Brand injured again..this time for the season
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2009, 15:01
  5. Where do we go from here?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Nov 25, 2008, 14:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •