• No

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Idk

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

p0nder

Starter
Woody seems to be doing very well. If Dolan does go interviewing in the offseason I would hope he would interview Patrick. Still i assume that the job is Woody's to lose. a good playoff showing would be all I need to see to want to keep him around now.

if he could turn back the clock and suit up again then fine but absolutely not as a coach. Besides, Woodson is doing an excellent job. Give Jeff Van Gundy another shot before even considering Ewing.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Someone at my job brought this up and I thought it was an interesting point. Patrick Ewing use to be one of the heads of the player's union (what Fisher is now). And back in the day I think he was all a about getting money for the players then and "good luck" to the players of the future... could this relate to him never getting a job as a HC or even considered by any organization?

Regardless no I don't want him as our coach. I was at the game and was one of the loudest clapping when they put him on screen but I'll take Woodson any day.

nyk_nyk

All Star
For now, I'm 100% fine with Woodson but should there be a need for a new coach I wouldn't mind giving PE a shot. I already know he has a great work ethic.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
As long as we keep winning... no, but if you told me a couple of weeks ago that Pat would like to take over after D'Antoni, right away!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Woody is Bob Knight, Red Holzman, Larry Brown and Mr. T all rolled into one mastermind of inside out defensive basketball

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
He was a great player, but a head coach should be able to communicate with ppl and as far as i remember he was not good at that . At all. In fact local media still doesnt respect him as a person.
Woodson is doing great right now, so lets see what happens in the postseason.

CoolClyde

head coach? hell no

he's doing great mentoring Dwight in Orlando...

is he going to teach Chandler or STAT how to post up?
if so, yes to ass't coach.

Wargames

Starter
Why cant he come and be an assistant and get treated like royalty by knicks faithful until he retires? Then when the knicms win it all he can get a ring here as a coach.