Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Woodson grown as a Coach

Veteran

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I think defence can take you as far if not further than a decent PG (though if Davis gets some more games and conditioning he may well become the decent PG we need). Memphis beat the crap out of SA in last year's first round and they didn't even really have a PG. They do have a brilliant defensive unit though. Not sure what the deal with Derrick Rose is, however if the Knicks were to play the Bulls at their own game (defence), and with Rose either missing, or at 50%, I couldn't call the outcome.

Our defense is inconsistent, injured, or in the Atlanta Hawks lost and found.

Baron Davis veteran tricks of the trade is only good for 20 minutes per game vs oponents young guards....and thats in the regular season.

The Bulls only loss 12 games this season....CJ Watson & John Lucas been spliting the PG minutes with huge help from their SG Kover & Brewer throughout Rose 20 game absence.
    Going head to head with the Bulls in the first-round without Rose only means we are good for one win in that series....Bulls bench depth is to deep an organize for a series.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I'm waiting until the end of the regular season before I start speculating which team is the deepest. This jam packed season is hurting all the teams...
    The bulls have the deepest bench in the NBA IMO.

Bulls & Nuggets

Superstar

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    The bulls have the deepest bench in the NBA IMO.

Bulls & Nuggets
    This is exactly why i think the Bulls or Nuggets have no shot at the chip. If you have a lot of average starters as your bench, it means you have don't have enough superstars in crunch time. I hate to say it but i don't see anyone beating Miami this year but i will pray for them to lose.

Veteran

Originally Posted by clumsy
    This is exactly why i think the Bulls or Nuggets have no shot at the chip. If you have a lot of average starters as your bench, it means you have don't have enough superstars in crunch time. I hate to say it but i don't see anyone beating Miami this year but i will pray for them to lose.

Miami bench is deep too....may not be as deep as the Bulls & Denver....however,
    coach Karl has never been a strategic playoff coach in his career....its the oposite
    when it comes to coach Thibs....Bulls vs Heat in the ECF is the Heat in 7 games

Veteran

Question Mark Is the truth bashing???

Woody's coaching has got on my bad side the past 3 games....Hawks, Cavs, Pacers....hypothetically speaking: if I was Stat, or Jefferies, or Lin, watching Woody's coaching the last 3 games my plans of return would be in the 2012-13 season.

How could Woody not notice Landry Fields outstanding hustle on both sides of the court build the Knicks a 17 point lead while Pacers were stagnated on Melo-Melo-Melo on offense/defense?

How could Woody not give our ungellin bench-players some decent playintime vs a tier-3 mediocre Cavs team?

And the game vs the Hawks is unquestionably the worst substitution we had all season.

Woody's routine substitution vs various types of offense/defense teams stink.

Superstar

I think he's also suddenly enforced his offensive style on the team. This team has relied fully on ISO's over the past three games. Problem is when Anthony stops making shots, the team's offence remains deadlocked (see 4th quarter vs Indiana). That way if the defence isn't up to scratch, there's no way the game will be won (see 4th quarter vs Indiana). Some offensive variety wouldn't harm the team. We definitely have multiple threats to utilise on offence.

only thing he grew as a coach was his eyebrows.

Veteran

Hopefully that he learned his lesson that if Smith is cold and Landry is hot then put Landry in.............Fields is either on or off ..so when he is on let him play...

And although I think Jordan is not ready....let him play defense against at the end of the quarters on Howard...if he fouls him who cares....

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Hopefully that he learned his lesson that if Smith is cold and Landry is hot then put Landry in.............Fields is either on or off ..so when he is on let him play...

And although I think Jordan is not ready....let him play defense against at the end of the quarters on Howard...if he fouls him who cares....

We need Jordans 3 to 4 fouls a game....Jordan bigman talent is the same as the average bigman rookie talent. Not giving Jordan any playingtime to pickup a move or two from Tyson Chandler or Stat on offense/defense this season....has me questioning Woodson coaching tactics.

What I mean is....PG-Lin & PF-Stat is missing with injuries from the starting lineup, who did Woody replace them with? PG-Davis & rookie combo-guard-Shump! come'on? Davis/Shump/Fields in the starting lineup is good for small lineups like Boston, but when it comes to Chicago big frontcourt starting lineup....Tyson Chandler is out muscle on the boards....we shouldve been rotating Harrellson & Novak in the starting lineup too. But Woody dont want to add Jerome Jordan to the rotation (foolish move).
    I am still trying to figure out since Stat injury (and a injured Jefferies) why is a decent rebounder Harrelson only averaging 9 minutes per game?
    Thoughts anyone???

you do realize that he coached a playoff team for so long in atlanta? they were nothing before him

i hope woody stays for 3 years at least, that mustache creature is no better

Veteran

He did a Dantonio today......Close your eyes and pray Smith gets hot....6 for 22 with a second rest in the 4th quarter and most of the 3rd.....His Love of smith is a reminder of Danotnio antics.....I like JR in the game but 6-22 without a breather does not take a genious to figure out the guy needs a rest