Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something funny with Lin's Injury?

Default Something funny with Lin's Injury?

I'm sure you guys heard, but Lin's injury went from him saying he sat out as a precaution, to missing 3 games, to Woodson saying he doesn't know if Lin is coming back...to the Knicks releasing a statement "to selected media outlets" that he shoots to be back next week...

Is it just me or are we noticing something not quite right?

Veteran

If it was anything more serious, we would have heard he's scheduled for an MRI first. Since we haven't, I believe it's just a sore knee. Shump was out a couple of weeks when he had his knee tendinitis so I think 3-5 games for a sore knee is within reason. It's good for the team, gets Baron more minutes to round out his game, particularly his jump shot.

Dolan is hiding Lin's injury until after all the Season Subscribers have renewed their season tickets and pay for their playoff tickets so that they can use that money to maintain Dolan and Isiah Thomas secret romantic relationship and then pay it back after the season is over.

we are a deep enough team that as long as we are winning, give these guys a rest...i don't think its much more then that (no mri can't be that bad)...glad the others have picked up their games, and we are winning...thank god dantoni is gone, wise our season would be too

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    If it was anything more serious, we would have heard he's scheduled for an MRI first. Since we haven't, I believe it's just a sore knee. Shump was out a couple of weeks when he had his knee tendinitis so I think 3-5 games for a sore knee is within reason. It's good for the team, gets Baron more minutes to round out his game, particularly his jump shot.
    Yea, knee tendinitis is a bitch, took me a solid month and a half to get completely over it. I also agree that as long as we're winning give them rest. I'm always concerned about the chemistry and flow of the team when a major piece is not included in the winning - we saw that with Melo when he came back - wasn't his fault though, just wasn't dialed in with the team.

At this stage of the season, every game matters. Just hope Lin comes back sooner rather than later so he can get back to game shape and start back clickin' with the team - without the nasty losing streak.

I still feel like Dolan is hiding something though.

Hope it isn't a sprained MCL,ACL or PCL.

Originally Posted by KnickKnack
    Yea, knee tendinitis is a bitch, took me a solid month and a half to get completely over it. I also agree that as long as we're winning give them rest. I'm always concerned about the chemistry and flow of the team when a major piece is not included in the winning - we saw that with Melo when he came back - wasn't his fault though, just wasn't dialed in with the team.

At this stage of the season, every game matters. Just hope Lin comes back sooner rather than later so he can get back to game shape and start back clickin' with the team - without the nasty losing streak.

I still feel like Dolan is hiding something though.
    Are you thinking that Jeremy Lin is, for one reason or another,
    leaving for good?

They're just being very cautious. They see Lin as a potential future all-star, and no matter how good he turns out to be he will always be a cash cow in terms of ticket, merchandise, and advertising sales. There's no need to risk serious injury here.

With that in mind, these last two wins have definitely factored in. Once the Knicks beat the Bucks, it made it easier to sit Lin vs. the Magic. Once they beat the Magic, it made it easier to sit him vs. the Hawks. And no matter what the result is tonight, since they got to this point, they might as well sit him in a home game against a mediocre Cavs team. That way he'll get four more full days of rest and be ready to go for the road trip on Tuesday.

Now, if he doesn't play Tuesday, then there might be something more serious going on.

Jeremy Lin had an MRI done on his injured left knee, but the results are currently unknown.
    Lin is being called day-to-day, but it is curious that he went out of his way to avoid all media on Friday. Some are speculating that the injury could be more serious than originally thought. Baron Davis will continue to get starts in Lin's place.
    Sounds like your suspicions may have been correct.

he is Linjured i dont think it's anything funny i think were just not taking any chances on Lin and are just letting him get healthy. We just had a bad case of injuries this season....

Amare is down

Jeffries is down

Walker is down

Baron was down

Jorts was down

Chandler was down

Melo was down

Shump was down

Now Lin is down

Originally Posted by petescud
    we are a deep enough team that as long as we are winning, give these guys a rest...i don't think its much more then that (no mri can't be that bad)...glad the others have picked up their games, and we are winning...thank god dantoni is gone, wise our season would be too
    We are not that deep. You take away Stat and Lin from this lineup and it is just not a playoff caliber team any more.

Hmmm, I believe something fishy is going on.

---

"Lin also did not speak at the morning shootaround. Then last night, when he opened the door to the locker room and started to enter with Landry Fields, he saw a small group of writers waiting for him, Lin stopped, turned around and rushed out. He darted to a back entrance to a trainer’s room, off limits to the media.

Lin has been so accommodating during Linsanity, something likely is not kosher."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    We are not that deep. You take away Stat and Lin from this lineup and it is just not a playoff caliber team any more.
    If that's the case, we weren't deep in the first place.

But this team still has enough depth to make the playoffs and talent enough to give anyone a tough out, even without Lin and Amare.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

^^^

PART OF THIS REPORT SAID

"Woodson last night also revealed Lin earlier this week had an MRI exam, which the club never announced. The Knicks continue calling it a “sore knee
    ,’’ But it is believed there could be loose cartilage that could eventually need offseason surgerY".
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 31, 2012 at 08:23.

Veteran

After 40 years of being a Knicks Fan, to actually hangout with some of the Knicks elite players in Xavier summer games....I learned to never believe the Knicks injury-list, or take for granted the Knicks front-office of CEO gamblin habits.

Working for MSG is a helluva good job with benefits/promotion though.