Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: We're Still Going To Win The Division.

  1. #1
    Member Nyknicks141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bay Ridge, Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default We're Still Going To Win The Division.

    Seems like we have an easier schedule than the celtics or sixers. The celtics should lose 2 out of their next 4 games (one being vs miami) and the sixers are as inconsistent as we are.


    Also, you saw it here first!



  2. #2
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Couldve gone in one of the division threads... but thanks for the reinsurance..

  3. #3
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    were not healthy enough to win any divisions we are a 7th or 8th seed at best

  4. #4
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I hate them, but the Celtics are on a tear the last few weeks..can't recall the last game they lost

  5. #5
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well the 76ers actually lost to the Wizards.. Weird.

    So Boston's in 4th spot and we're 3 1/2 back on them. We might have to get comfy with the 8th seed.

  6. #6
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sage
    Well the 76ers actually lost to the Wizards.. Weird.

    So Boston's in 4th spot and we're 3 1/2 back on them. We might have to get comfy with the 8th seed.
    7th seed is IMO very probable, but I don't know if it's any easiern to meet Miami over Chicago in the 1st round. With Boston on fire I don't see us winning the division.

  7. #7
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    7th seed is IMO very probable, but I don't know if it's any easiern to meet Miami over Chicago in the 1st round. With Boston on fire I don't see us winning the division.
    We MUST finish 7th, I wanna play the Heat and destroy their run this year

  8. #8
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think we can catch Sixers for 7th seed. Winning division? I don't think so. Boston is playing really well while we also have some tough matchups ahead.

  9. #9
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Id rather take my chances vs the Bulls and stay the 8th seed

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    We MUST finish 7th, I wanna play the Heat and destroy their run this year
    So you are a glutton for punishment.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Whomever wins the division most likely won't have home court, so really it's not that important imo.

    Just make the playoffs.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickscity
    Whomever wins the division most likely won't have home court, so really it's not that important imo.

    Just make the playoffs.
    If you're one of the three division winners, you are guaranteed a homecourt for the first round. It doesn't matter if you are 6 below .500 but win the division.

  13. #13
    Member Nyknicks141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bay Ridge, Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by goNYgo
    If you're one of the three division winners, you are guaranteed a homecourt for the first round. It doesn't matter if you are 6 below .500 but win the division.
    Yes, if we win the division we are 4th in the table automatically, meaning we play the 5th seed. Home court advantage.

Similar Threads

  1. The Atlantic Division
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Nov 23, 2005, 20:18
  2. The SouthEast Division
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Nov 06, 2005, 22:08
  3. The NorthWest Division
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 22, 2005, 22:16
  4. The SouthWest Division
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 22, 2005, 21:02
  5. The Central Division
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 22, 2005, 21:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •