Jeremy Lin Out 6 Weeks!!

Paul1355

All Star
Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman Jeremy Lin had MRI and will need surgery and be out six weeks with meniscus tear.

this season has been so up and down that I can see Toney Douglas all of a sudden being his old self and scoring everywhere. This season has been so unpredictable that I am actually optimistic.

Davis might not last but we need guys to step up like TD and Davis.

Melo has to keep it up.

Maybe we can sign Mike James and bring him up from the Dleague where he is averaging 21 ppg and 5 assists.

Paul1355

All Star
suicide_hanging1.gif

lmao that was my first reaction

Red

TYPE-A
Real talk

STAT & Lin were the following:

1. Inspirational (leaders)

2. Scoring threats

3. Prone to drawing contact and causing fouls

THEY WERE NOT DEFENDERS.

We need to:

Stress DEFENSE as a priority which means STARTING OUR BEST DEFENDERS.

This does not equal Laundry Folds.

It means Jorts, Shump, Jordan, (until JJ) etc...

That must be our staple.

Other scorers like Melo, Novak, JR need to replace Lin's clutchness and Melo is looking compromised. We need closers.

SOmeone needs to replace STAT's offensive presence.

Jorts et al. should do that.

BD needs to step it up as a facilitator.

Benchwarmer
Aw, I'm so sorry to read about Jeremy Lin's knee.

I hope he recovers 100% and comes back next season!!

Thank you for everything you did for the Knicks, Jeremy!

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;225041 said:
jesus ****ing H christ.

What else can go wrong?

what's the deal with our pick if we miss the playoffs?

Unless its top 5 we don't have it. I believe Houston has it.

TakMan

Rotation player
exactly !!! theres guys here that think Lin was just average???and overhyped???? .....well lets see if Davis, TD, and Bibby can be average and keep us going

We are 3-1 since his injury, with 3 of the games being against tough opponents. Sure it's a blow for the team, but don't for one second doubt they can see themselves through this.

cheapandcheerful

Benchwarmer
awww.. just went away for 2 days and came back with this ???!! Melo seems like he gets things going now... let's hope for the best! go..:gony:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
As long as Stoudemire's comes back within 2 weeks this team can survive without Lin STAT is more important for them.

Lets hope TD can find his confidence and play like last year by the playoffs.

kinein

Benchwarmer
STAT & Lin were the following:

THEY WERE NOT DEFENDERS.

BD needs to step it up as a facilitator.

:alert: I reject your statement that Lin was not a defender :alert:

Your watching a totally different game from me.

Baron has a chemistry issue right now with his teammates, and he can't play 30 minutes a game. He needs to be max 20 minutes or else he's going to break-down and fast. He's already hurting w/ Hamstring and Calves.

The longer you force someone to perform at a high-level with injuries, the worse it gets.

* See Jeremy Lin - with Torn Meniscus for more details. :gony:

goNYgo

Rookie
This definitely hurts the team, but the last 3 games Melo has seemed to be more himself (Denver days). Hopefully this injury won't kill us, but a lot of pressure was just created and put on BD's shoulders.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
You have a valid suspicious!

MDA "rode him like a Secretariat" during Linsanity. And knowing Lin's work ethic, he wouldve played himself with a busted knee without ever saying much.

Lin was hurt during Linsanity but he kept on playing til he just couldnt play anymore!

Check out the tremendouns elevation he has against Wizard and the tentativeness in his dunk vs Mavs.

Huge difference between those two dunks!

His most-recent dunk against the Raptors at MSG was even weaker...... I suspected something was not right at that point.

Eman

Benchwarmer
More bad luck, but hey, we still have a strong chance of getting into the playoffs over the Bucks.

Red

TYPE-A
:alert: I reject your statement that Lin was not a defender :alert:

Your watching a totally different game from me.

Baron has a chemistry issue right now with his teammates, and he can't play 30 minutes a game. He needs to be max 20 minutes or else he's going to break-down and fast. He's already hurting w/ Hamstring and Calves.

The longer you force someone to perform at a high-level with injuries, the worse it gets.

* See Jeremy Lin - with Torn Meniscus for more details. :gony:

Check opposing PG's stats VS Lin.

Then recall the fact that after it was obvious Lin was liability we had to rotate Shump onto his man.

Finally, understand the various nuances of playing defense.
Speed, quickness, lateral movement, body position, anticipation, staying in-front of your man, hands, not leaving yur feet etc...

Yes you are probably watching a different game than I am. I see an offensive player who's best defensive attribute was playing the passing lanes (not that I'm complaining).

My point is that offensively, lately, Lin was a facilitator and quasi-finisher. We can replace that in theory with BD, Melo etc...

Defensively, he was a bit of a weakness. We should definitely be able to improve there.

The issue is can 1 player do that, or is it by committee?