Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin Out 6 Weeks!!

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    jesus ****ing H christ.

What else can go wrong?

what's the deal with our pick if we miss the playoffs?
    Unless its top 5 we don't have it. I believe Houston has it.

I swear we can never catch a break

its always one thing after another smh

Superstar

Originally Posted by gaknickfan
    exactly !!! theres guys here that think Lin was just average???and overhyped???? .....well lets see if Davis, TD, and Bibby can be average and keep us going
    We are 3-1 since his injury, with 3 of the games being against tough opponents. Sure it's a blow for the team, but don't for one second doubt they can see themselves through this.

awww.. just went away for 2 days and came back with this ???!! Melo seems like he gets things going now... let's hope for the best! go..

As long as Stoudemire's comes back within 2 weeks this team can survive without Lin STAT is more important for them.

Lets hope TD can find his confidence and play like last year by the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Red
    STAT & Lin were the following:

THEY WERE NOT DEFENDERS.

BD needs to step it up as a facilitator.

I reject your statement that Lin was not a defender

Your watching a totally different game from me.

Baron has a chemistry issue right now with his teammates, and he can't play 30 minutes a game. He needs to be max 20 minutes or else he's going to break-down and fast. He's already hurting w/ Hamstring and Calves.

The longer you force someone to perform at a high-level with injuries, the worse it gets.

* See Jeremy Lin - with Torn Meniscus for more details.

This definitely hurts the team, but the last 3 games Melo has seemed to be more himself (Denver days). Hopefully this injury won't kill us, but a lot of pressure was just created and put on BD's shoulders.

Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    You have a valid suspicious!

MDA "rode him like a Secretariat" during Linsanity. And knowing Lin's work ethic, he wouldve played himself with a busted knee without ever saying much.

Lin was hurt during Linsanity but he kept on playing til he just couldnt play anymore!

Check out the tremendouns elevation he has against Wizard and the tentativeness in his dunk vs Mavs.

Huge difference between those two dunks!

His most-recent dunk against the Raptors at MSG was even weaker...... I suspected something was not right at that point.

More bad luck, but hey, we still have a strong chance of getting into the playoffs over the Bucks.

Cool

Originally Posted by kinein
    I reject your statement that Lin was not a defender

Your watching a totally different game from me.

Baron has a chemistry issue right now with his teammates, and he can't play 30 minutes a game. He needs to be max 20 minutes or else he's going to break-down and fast. He's already hurting w/ Hamstring and Calves.

The longer you force someone to perform at a high-level with injuries, the worse it gets.

* See Jeremy Lin - with Torn Meniscus for more details.
    Check opposing PG's stats VS Lin.

Then recall the fact that after it was obvious Lin was liability we had to rotate Shump onto his man.

Finally, understand the various nuances of playing defense.
    Speed, quickness, lateral movement, body position, anticipation, staying in-front of your man, hands, not leaving yur feet etc...

Yes you are probably watching a different game than I am. I see an offensive player who's best defensive attribute was playing the passing lanes (not that I'm complaining).

My point is that offensively, lately, Lin was a facilitator and quasi-finisher. We can replace that in theory with BD, Melo etc...

Defensively, he was a bit of a weakness. We should definitely be able to improve there.

The issue is can 1 player do that, or is it by committee?

"i'll ride Lin like Secretariat....."

I god damn hate him, even when he is gone, he is still hurting us!

Veteran

Originally Posted by JS3
    "i'll ride Lin like Secretariat....."

I god damn hate him, even when he is gone, he is still hurting us!
    dont be an idiot....LIN averaged the same minutes as other PG and he played like what 15 games on total....like Dantonio was the cause....so foolish....maybe its that everytime he drives he ends up on the ground...love him for it but its does its damage.....look at jeffries knees,,,surely the drawing offensives does not help

Bashing nose and taking charges is not the same, and Lin was not an average PG - minute-wise.

he played him a lot, he played AMARE a lot, all of his rotation was ****ed up.

The media ask him(not despite) about JLIN because he over played him.

i like very much the rotation of Woody and i can only imagine, with this rotation, what would of happened (probably not serious injuries)

Originally Posted by JS3
    Bashing nose and taking charges is not the same, and Lin was not an average PG - minute-wise.

he played him a lot, he played AMARE a lot, all of his rotation was ****ed up.

The media ask him(not despite) about JLIN because he over played him.

i like very much the rotation of Woody and i can only imagine, with this rotation, what would of happened (probably not serious injuries)
    let's go back to last season for a moment. Stat was playing like an MVP in the fist half of the season. Remember? Then, he slowed down significantly. That was because of the genius Dumbtony. He overplayed him. He even said in one of the post game interviews that Stat is tired. Stat came out later and said he is tired. Fast forward to today. After Dumb coach saw what his bench warmer could do, who saved him for a couple weeks, he overplayed him too. As a result of his selfish tactics our two of 3 best players are not playing when we need them most. Yes, I am blaming MDA for the situation we are right now. Playing without great PF and very good point guard that is.

Veteran

Hands off the panic button people. Just like in the NFL, this strike shortened NBA season and its truncated schedule is just KILLING the players. Lack of preseason and conditioning has its casualties....that being said, Linsanity and the hype that followed put our KNICKS back on the map, but don't get twisted. Lin is a shoot first PG that overdribbled and turned the ball over way to much.

This is where Woodson puts his bid in for the permanent coaching job. The Bulls still have the best record in the league without J Rose. Our KNICKS have capable vets like BD, TD and Bibby to run point as well as Shump and MELO is a mellow fellow and can run point-forward. It won't hurt Lin to see the game from the BENCH and he should be back for the PLAYOFFS!