Lin Can Be Back As Soon As 4 Weeks

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Injured Lin could be back with Knicks sooner than thought

Jeremy Lin?s six-week timetable could be expedited to a month depending on the level of arthritis surgeons discover in the meniscus cartilage during the arthroscopic procedure on his left knee, according to a top orthopedic surgeon.

Dr. Wellington Hsu, an orthopedic surgeon/assistant professor at Northwestern, said professional athletes could return from torn meniscus surgery in two-to-four weeks.
However, because Lin?s is a ?chronic?? tear, by definition some arthritis exists in Lin?s knee, according to Dr. Hsu, who has not treated the Knicks point guard.
?If they don?t see anything else wrong in surgery, just see the tear, typically you can get back in the NFL in two to four weeks and I?ve seen NBA players get back within that period,?? Hsu told The Post. ?That?s assuming there are no surprises.??

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic..._shorten_6AqDUehSRc4hv2YGaUaZhL#ixzz1qv9vozCA

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Injured Lin could be back with Knicks sooner than thought

Jeremy Lin?s six-week timetable could be expedited to a month depending on the level of arthritis surgeons discover in the meniscus cartilage during the arthroscopic procedure on his left knee, according to a top orthopedic surgeon.

Dr. Wellington Hsu, an orthopedic surgeon/assistant professor at Northwestern, said professional athletes could return from torn meniscus surgery in two-to-four weeks.
However, because Lin?s is a ?chronic?? tear, by definition some arthritis exists in Lin?s knee, according to Dr. Hsu, who has not treated the Knicks point guard.
?If they don?t see anything else wrong in surgery, just see the tear, typically you can get back in the NFL in two to four weeks and I?ve seen NBA players get back within that period,?? Hsu told The Post. ?That?s assuming there are no surprises.??

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic..._shorten_6AqDUehSRc4hv2YGaUaZhL#ixzz1qv9vozCA

Let the boy heal. no point in rushing it back. if he can come back 100% in 4 weeks fine. instead of getting injured in game 3 of the playoffs.

Sage

Rotation player
Post-surgery they're still saying 6 weeks but he's pretty young, you'd expect there's every chance he can recover quicker. But there's no point rushing him back into the lineup if he's not 100%.

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
They're saying it depends on the injury. If it is just the tear he can be back in 2-4 weeks. Whatever the right thing is will be done. Besides, a 100% Lin wont help if we dont even make it to the second round.

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Well like I said, he's out of surgery and they're still saying 6 weeks.

Yeah sorry i missed that in your post. They did say 6 on the Knicks' facebook page... which makes this article very interesting. Who knows, maybe he'll recover quick. Hoping for the best.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I rather let him take the 6 weeks

I also rather STAT stay out until next season

just to keep things on the safe side

the last thing we need is reinjured players

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lin-Surgery.jpg

petescud

Starter
I miss Lin and hope a speedy recovery. Though i want him to be a Knick for a long time, so no rush back. Without a healthy Amar'e and Lin, we won't go far in the playoffs anyways

wian

Benchwarmer
All Christians out there should be Praying for a Miracle ! I think Jeremy would appreciate it ! And Knicks Fans would too ! hehe !

Kiyaman

Legend
Leave Lin alone....let Lin chill while soakin-up all the success he made for himself....at best let Lin, Novak, and Jefferies play in three of the summer-league games to help the coach select keeper players.

tiger0330

Legend
Something that crossed my mind and Clyde Frazier must have read my mind because he mentioned it on air was how does a young player who has only played in 20 NBA games get a knee injury that requires surgery. Sure anyone can injure a knee if you have a collision but that's not Lin's situation. Just wondering if Lin might be more like Brandon Roy or Greg Oden, a guy that has a proclivity for knee injuries. I think the Knicks have to re-sign him but it concerns me that he might have knees that are made of glass.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO you answered your question yourself, he played only 20 games which means he wasn't prepared to play the minutes he played under such a pressure. C'mon, he barely played pro basketball in almost a year, so when he had to start and play significant minutes his knees gave up. If you didn't do anything but jerked off on your coach for a year and then started running some heavy miles every morning I guarantee you sooner than later you're gonna be a dead man walking.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
IMO you answered your question yourself, he played only 20 games which means he wasn't prepared to play the minutes he played under such a pressure. C'mon, he barely played pro basketball in almost a year, so when he had to start and play significant minutes his knees gave up. If you didn't do anything but jerked off on your coach for a year and then started running some heavy miles every morning I guarantee you sooner than later you're gonna be a dead man walking.

Hmmm... Note to self. Do not run heavy miles. :teeth:

Sage

Rotation player

Well said, +1 rep.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin's presence will be missed in close games late in the 4th quarter....... He's the most clutch player on the Knicks.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
UPDATE: Saturday, April 7, 11:15 a.m. ET by Donald Wood

While the Knicks struggle to get into the playoffs, they will face the reminder of the regular season without point guard Jeremy Lin in the lineup after undergoing knee surgery.

Marc Berman is reporting to the New York Post about the team’s timetable for the star's return to the lineup and Lin’s own timetable:

Lin is aiming to return for the first round of the playoffs, but his official diagnosis has him targeted for the second.

The team believes he will be back in the second round of the playoffs if New York makes it, but Lin believes he can come back sooner. This is a classic case of the player thinking he can come back sooner than the trainers will allow him.

Lin is better off sitting out and extending his career instead of trying to play hero.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1118542-jeremy-lin-injury-updates-on-knicks-stars-knee-injury