New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 4/3/2012 7:00 PM

TakMan

Rotation player
That fourth quarter is unjustifiable by all accounts. I can't even attempt to understand why the players would not close out a game of such importance that appears wrapped up by the end of the third. I mean you really have to try to lose this one, and even then a loss isn't guaranteed.

pat

Starter
if you knew that you would never get the ball would you still keep on running around?

it's simple we live and die by melo's shot. you got two black holes who suck the ball up. Melo and JR. I'm not putting the blame on anyone.

Exactly the point.

Knicks are going nowhere. Whenever we take a step forward we take two steps backwards after that.

8th seed seems to be all we can get this year. We had like 56789 opportunities to seal the Atlantic this year and grab that 3rd or 4th seed. It has never been so easy to win the Atlantic, but all those losses to shit teams like Charlotte, Toronto, Sacramento etc cost us dearly.

smokes

Huge Member
Ups and downs. We've had plenty. With 2 of our best players injured its no surprise we lose a game here and there. Indiana are 3rd seed regardless of whether we beat them twice they are a superior team this year and why? Because 4 of their starters have played in every single game. Danny Granger has missed 2 games. Out of Lin STAT and Melo and Tyson for a short while how many games do you think the Knicks starting 5 missed?

This season is what it is, the championship was a one in a million thing this year. Our young players still need playoffs experience and that will be the most important thing going forward.

I'd be happy with the Knicks taking 2 games off the 1st/2nd seed. Any more than that has to be a bonus in terms of realistic expectations at this point.

wian

Benchwarmer
That fourth quarter is unjustifiable by all accounts. I can't even attempt to understand why the players would not close out a game of such importance that appears wrapped up by the end of the third. I mean you really have to try to lose this one, and even then a loss isn't guaranteed.

i was checking the score on my phone her in aussie and i was proud of the boys at 3/4 time and thought the game was well and truly in the bag !

and then i checked the score again 15 minutes later and we were down 100 to 104 and i honestly could not believe what i was seeing !

All the reasons under the sun cannot explain to me why or how we did not close such an important game out ! No Excuses as far as i am concerned

Lets hope they learn from it quick smart as there wont be playoffs in 2012 if we dont pull our finger out !

Sage

Rotation player
I watched the game and I still don't get how we blew a 17 point lead. That's some D'Antoni type shit right there.

redarmy81

Rookie
I missed this game, had a busy night. Other than having a pretty bad night shooting (3-11, which he has done 2 other times in the past 10 games) what did JR do to deserve the hate from Berman on twitter?

I'm a big JR fan, always have been since I saw him play in high school when I was young, but I haven't seen TOO much wrong that he has been doing.

he was tossed out of the game late in the 4th for throwing barbosa down on the floor. probably be suspended a game or more. very unnecessary of jr, especially with all these injuries we have, we need all our players out on the floor the next games. and last time we played orlando jr had a great game.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
It was a very disappointing lose.
It seems like whenever Carmelo becomes Melo, everyone else stops functioning.
Their offense isn't necessary when Melo scores on the other side but damn there was ZERO defense from ANYONE on this team in the 4th. I know Tyson is tired because we don't have a true backup but calm man. Iman got blasted in the face twice last night and I thought he was going down off the first one lol. BDiddy lived up to his rep up CHUCKCHUCKCHUCK in the 4th which killed us.

We're back to where we started, we have starting PG with no backup which causes the starter to play more, causing more mistakes.

We need health BADLY.

p0nder

Starter
Fields was placed in the dog house after letting his man walk on by him. This is what we get with Woodson, a coach who holds players accountable NO MATTER WHAT. hopefully it was just this game and woodson eats some crow on not putting him back in.

This was a 4th Qtr melt down of epic proportions. JR's throwdown was the icing on that shit-cake.

They need to come out guns BLAZING against the Magic. Things could get ugly real quick if they don't show more effort on defense in this next game.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Ups and downs. We've had plenty. With 2 of our best players injured its no surprise we lose a game here and there. Indiana are 3rd seed regardless of whether we beat them twice they are a superior team this year and why? Because 4 of their starters have played in every single game. Danny Granger has missed 2 games. Out of Lin STAT and Melo and Tyson for a short while how many games do you think the Knicks starting 5 missed?

This season is what it is, the championship was a one in a million thing this year. Our young players still need playoffs experience and that will be the most important thing going forward.

I'd be happy with the Knicks taking 2 games off the 1st/2nd seed. Any more than that has to be a bonus in terms of realistic expectations at this point.

It's not about the lost. It was the way they lost. up by 17 goin into the 4th Q and still lost by 8. you can't justify that.

nyk_nyk

All Star
One of the problems I also had witih last nights game was the way Jorts failed to protect the basket. Too many times it looked like we only had 4 guys on the court. I also noticed a couple times where Bibby, Douglas and Novak failed to stop the ball beyond the half court line and allow the offense to get deep in the paint within the first 6-7 seconds.

I thought the way IND was walking into the paint on several posessions Mike would have given Jordan 2 min just to switch it up and get some more length out there. Honestly, whenever I've seen Jordan play those small minutes he usually challenges shots and even blocks a few. I just felt Jorts at 6-9 wasn't able to properly protect the basket tonight.

kinein

Benchwarmer
One of the problems I also had witih last nights game was the way Jorts failed to protect the basket.

Its already been a few weeks since the stats showing how Harrellson allows 3x more points scored on him vs the top rated player Lin in that department, for the knicks. The guy is a defensive nightmare. :alert:

He is slow and over-weight. He has height and 275lbs? 50-60+ which is fat. This isn't the NFL, he isn't battling in the trenches.

Although I haven't seen much from Jerome Jordan - I think he has far more potential than Harrellson whom has no clue how to maintain a professional level of conditioning.

josh-harrellson-vanderbilt.jpg

some more before.
Jorts-ofr-three2.jpg

* Carmelo may be 10-15lbs over-weight and have poor nutrition - but thats NOTHING compared to JORTS.

Josh-Harrellson.jpg
josh_harrellson.350w_263h.jpg
jorts%2Bis%2Beverywhere.JPG

Back at it this morning! Got to get my wrist right! I am working hard then getting some conditioning in so I can help my teammates out - Jorts twitter

Of all things - regardless of his hand injury - he could have been walking, cycling and doing other exercises - instead of piling on the weight. He looks slow, causes dumb fouls because he has to jump earlier and the shooters jump into him. etc. Its ugly to watch.

* It just really depends on whether he can get back in shape. He has got a lot of weight to lose - thats for sure.
* Sink or swim Harrellson! I would prefer he swims.

A hand injury does not mean you eat a lot of crappy food.

The knicks are missing the Harrellson that emerged as a Kentucky star in his 4th year.

Whereas Harrellson was a fan favorite his first three years at Kentucky, he was also somewhat of a novelty act since he rarely got off the bench. This year, thanks to a combination of hard work and the departure of last year's top-three big men to the NBA, Harrellson has blossomed in a starting role, emerging as Kentucky's best low-post defender and rebounder.

Last edited:
Its already been a few weeks since the stats showing how Harrellson allows 3x more points scored on him vs the top rated player Lin in that department, for the knicks. The guy is a defensive nightmare. :alert:

He is slow and over-weight. He has height and 275lbs? 50-60+ which is fat. This isn't the NFL, he isn't battling in the trenches.

Although I haven't seen much from Jerome Jordan - I think he has far more potential than Harrellson whom has no clue how to maintain a professional level of conditioning.

josh-harrellson-vanderbilt.jpg

some more before.
Jorts-ofr-three2.jpg

* Carmelo may be 10-15lbs over-weight and have poor nutrition - but thats NOTHING compared to JORTS.

Josh-Harrellson.jpg
josh_harrellson.350w_263h.jpg
jorts%2Bis%2Beverywhere.JPG

Of all things - regardless of his hand injury - he could have been walking, cycling and doing other exercises - instead of piling on the weight. He looks slow, causes dumb fouls because he has to jump earlier and the shooters jump into him. etc. Its ugly to watch.

* It just really depends on whether he can get back in shape. He has got a lot of weight to lose - thats for sure.
* Sink or swim Harrellson! I would prefer he swims.

A hand injury does not mean you eat a lot of crappy food.

The knicks are missing the Harrellson that emerged as a Kentucky star in his 4th year.

He doesn't look overweight in the bottom 3 pictures.

He DOES look fat in the top 2 pictures!

And yeah, Jerome Jordan has a much higher ceiling than Harrelson, no doubt about it. I don't understand why we refuse to play him. The guy is a legit 7 footer with decent athleticism, a great NBA body and he's not in his teens either anymore. After 4 years at Tulsa and 1 year in Europe he should be ready to contribute 10-15 minutes each night. If not then why did we draft him?
He's already 25, play him now!!

Give him Jorts minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend
Playing to lose

One of the problems I also had witih last nights game was the way Jorts failed to protect the basket. Too many times it looked like we only had 4 guys on the court. I also noticed a couple times where Bibby, Douglas and Novak failed to stop the ball beyond the half court line and allow the offense to get deep in the paint within the first 6-7 seconds.

I thought the way IND was walking into the paint on several posessions Mike would have given Jordan 2 min just to switch it up and get some more length out there. Honestly, whenever I've seen Jordan play those small minutes he usually challenges shots and even blocks a few. I just felt Jorts at 6-9 wasn't able to properly protect the basket tonight.

Great Great Point....5 to 6 straight minutes of playingtime per game (in any of the 4 quarters) should be given to a lineup of....Jordan-Jorts-Novak-Fields-Douglas....so the 5 players could work on their offense/defense in practice to gain more minutes.
Woodson's noncoaching development of Douglas, Fields, Jorts, and Jordan has been a headcoach not wanting those players on the 2012-13 roster.
How could a coach not witness the two hottest players (Fields & Melo) in a game that built the team a 17 point lead at the end of the 3rd qtr.???
Shump is a rookie, and JR Smith has a career of being inconsistent....if they showed any signs of being hotter than Fields it wouldve been o.k.....Admunson was hotter than starters West & Hibbert, so Admunson played the entire 4th quarter.

CoolClyde

i haven't said much about this game because i was so disgusted by the 4Q,
but the last couple posts have pointed out some things that deserve recognition.

JORTS/DOUGLAS/NOVAK/BIBBY on the court at the same time is a mistake.
Douglas has not played all year, Jorts is out of sync, Bibby has not played
much at all, and no one can get the ball to Novak, who NEEDS the rock as much as possible.

this Knicks defense is built on team ball, but if the players have not played together,
it's impossible to build that team defense or comraderie.

although TD is being thrown into the fire, he's got to meld in with most of the first team
in order to get his feet wet and play responsibly within the team concept. same with Jorts.
otherwise, you've got 4-5 guys discombobulated on the dee, with no team offense OR defense.

if you're going to throw these guys together, might as well be giving minutes to Jordan,
who I'd like to see on the court with BDiddy and Chandler, and not just 2nd team.

c'mon Wood Son! i still haven't gotten over the last quarter days later.
:boohoo: