Thread: Should freshmen Anthony Davis declare 4 NBA

Hybrid View

Veteran

Nba Logo Should freshmen Anthony Davis declare 4 NBA

Kentucky won the NCAA Championship with their star-player freshmen "Anthony Davis" collecting 15 rebounds & 6 blocks

Should Anthony Davis play another year under coach Cal???

Thoughts

Superstar

Hell no, if your going to be the number 1 pick, and you've won it all in college already, why stay?

To get a degree. So many NBA "stars" fade out and end up bankrupt. Of course declaring would mean he'd make a boat load of money right now and start his NBA development and he is expected to declare. Still i would love for more college kids to stick around and get their degree and a few more NCAA titles.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    To get a degree. So many NBA "stars" fade out and end up bankrupt. Of course declaring would mean he'd make a boat load of money right now and start his NBA development and he is expected to declare. Still i would love for more college kids to stick around and get their degree and a few more NCAA titles.
    I'm not sure if there's a direct correlation between a college degree and avoiding bankruptcy.

There's no reason why he couldn't declare, go pro, get paid, and then at some later point in life go back to school to get a piece of paper that indicates how many hours and credits he built up at a school.

What you hope is that he was taught well, and has a good head on his shoulders. That has more to do with parents/guardians, mentors, teachers, etc and some critical thinking.

From there, his options are endless.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Kentucky won the NCAA Championship with their star-player freshmen "Anthony Davis" collecting 15 rebounds & 6 blocks

Should Anthony Davis play another year under coach Cal???

Thoughts

the better question is. should anthony davis get rid of his unibrow?

Veteran

If NBA execs are crazy enough to pick you #1 after going 1-10 and scoring 6 points in the championship game then you have to declare for the NBA draft. I wasn't that impressed with the kid myself despite his blocks and rebounds, he's a smallish center that will be overmatched by bigger people at the next level.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    If NBA execs are crazy enough to pick you #1 after going 1-10 and scoring 6 points in the championship game then you have to declare for the NBA draft. I wasn't that impressed with the kid myself despite his blocks and rebounds, he's a smallish center that will be overmatched by bigger people at the next level.
    Yeah, but he was the best player, on the best team all year, everyone is entitled to a bad game.He has the most upside coming out this year, hands down, you can't teach size.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Yeah, but he was the best player, on the best team all year, everyone is entitled to a bad game.He has the most upside coming out this year, hands down, you can't teach size.

yeah. Kwame brown was a #1 pick.

Superstar

Originally Posted by blahwoop
    yeah. Kwame brown was a #1 pick.
    Kwame, didn't do it against the best college players in the country, like Davis did.