Should freshmen Anthony Davis declare 4 NBA

Kiyaman

Legend
Kentucky won the NCAA Championship with their star-player freshmen "Anthony Davis" collecting 15 rebounds & 6 blocks
:thumbsup:
Should Anthony Davis play another year under coach Cal???

Thoughts

p0nder

Starter
To get a degree. So many NBA "stars" fade out and end up bankrupt. Of course declaring would mean he'd make a boat load of money right now and start his NBA development and he is expected to declare. Still i would love for more college kids to stick around and get their degree and a few more NCAA titles.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Kentucky won the NCAA Championship with their star-player freshmen "Anthony Davis" collecting 15 rebounds & 6 blocks
:thumbsup:
Should Anthony Davis play another year under coach Cal???

Thoughts

the better question is. should anthony davis get rid of his unibrow?:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
To get a degree. So many NBA "stars" fade out and end up bankrupt. Of course declaring would mean he'd make a boat load of money right now and start his NBA development and he is expected to declare. Still i would love for more college kids to stick around and get their degree and a few more NCAA titles.

I'm not sure if there's a direct correlation between a college degree and avoiding bankruptcy.

There's no reason why he couldn't declare, go pro, get paid, and then at some later point in life go back to school to get a piece of paper that indicates how many hours and credits he built up at a school.

What you hope is that he was taught well, and has a good head on his shoulders. That has more to do with parents/guardians, mentors, teachers, etc and some critical thinking.

From there, his options are endless.

tiger0330

Legend
If NBA execs are crazy enough to pick you #1 after going 1-10 and scoring 6 points in the championship game then you have to declare for the NBA draft. I wasn't that impressed with the kid myself despite his blocks and rebounds, he's a smallish center that will be overmatched by bigger people at the next level.

fender0577

Rotation player
If NBA execs are crazy enough to pick you #1 after going 1-10 and scoring 6 points in the championship game then you have to declare for the NBA draft. I wasn't that impressed with the kid myself despite his blocks and rebounds, he's a smallish center that will be overmatched by bigger people at the next level.
Yeah, but he was the best player, on the best team all year, everyone is entitled to a bad game.He has the most upside coming out this year, hands down, you can't teach size.

p0nder

Starter
I'm very sure that the majority of those NBAer's that go bankrupt are the ones that didn't get their degree. I got nothing to back that up, just a hunch.

And as you get older going back for schooling gets much more difficult. Not that it's impossible, lots of people do it, but it is much more difficult when you have kids/wife and mortgage to pay...

p0nder

Starter
as a comparrison Tim Duncan could have entered the draft after 1 year at college but didn't and stayed to get his degree in psychology. He also developed his game at Wake Forrest and will go down in history as one of the best power forwards ever because of that development.

Davis is far from a developed NBA superstar and he will have the same growing pains other young players (like Bynum) have gone through. Staying in school and studying the game would do a lot for him, but I can see the allure of the big league and all the training and development he would get at that level as well.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm very sure that the majority of those NBAer's that go bankrupt are the ones that didn't get their degree. I got nothing to back that up, just a hunch.

And as you get older going back for schooling gets much more difficult. Not that it's impossible, lots of people do it, but it is much more difficult when you have kids/wife and mortgage to pay...

I don't doubt that at all, our disconnect is why they went bankrupt. You're asserting that it's because they didn't get a degree, I'm asserting that it's cause they're dumb.

A college degree doesn't protect against stupidity. It just clarifies how many hours you spent and credits you amassed in a particular major in school. It doesn't mean you have a shred of common sense.

I'm willing to bet the thought process that led those NBAers to not stay in school and get their degree, is the same thought process they applied to losing all of their money.

I don't think a degree would have changed that.

Edit: took me forever to get to my 1,000th post. That shit cray? That shit cray.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Another year in college would double benefit Anthony Davis

The most important part of being a number-one pick....is spending the next decade with the organization that draft u.....the 2012 selectiion is not to great....Bobcats? Hornets? Wizards? Cavs?

Anthony Davis has alot of work to do on his offensive scoring....by working on physical strength to bulk-up his upper body in weight-training, plus condition himself for 82 games.........Anthony Davis will do much better hanging out with coach Cal for his solphmore season.