View Poll Results: Who's return will be the biggest as it stands now?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeffries

12 23.08%
  • STAT

19 36.54%
  • Lin

21 40.38%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeffries, STAT, or Lin - Who's return will be the biggest?

I said Lin because he plays both ends of the floor........ Offensively, he might not yet be at the level of Nash, CP3, Rose, or Westbrook, but I cannot think of a starting PG right now who I'd take over Lin defensively.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan

This is not about will Amare's injury will bother him in the future, if you could pick one out of all three of those guys to come back at 100% tmrw and you don't pick Amare to me thats not a logical basketball decision.
    But this situation isn't about hypothesizing. If it was, you'd be right.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Those that haven't agreed with you are either emotional or illogical?

I'd say that in saying that you've done the same.

I put Lin down because, though I didn't mention it in the post as I should have, Amar'e's injury is more debilitating long term, and to rush him back now under the asinine assumption that we'll definitely make the playoffs and will need him is off the mark. We'll need Lin just as badly to get this team within a definitive lead over the Bucks.

Add that long term type injury to the issue of Amar'e's contract, and there's even more reason to keep him out. Especially considering that Jefferies will be back earlier than expected, and you know how well he and Chandler play together.

Is that fueled by emotion or logic?

Crazy....if u are mentioning physical-injuries and healing-time.....Lin just had surgery on his knee making Lin injury the worst of the three players, running is a big issue for Lin in the next 4 weeks. bumbing knee to knee or an oponent headbuddin Lin knee would be movin backwards.

As for Stat injury (knee, or shoulder, or back), Stat does what Stat want to do....if u didnt get the memo in December of Stat's work-out with Isiah Thomas in Florida (Stat's home) instead of reporting to our short training-camp, or Stat's so-call July/August/September training-camp in Florida (home), or the missing Stat in the postseason games, or one of the top reasons owner Dolan pulled the Melo trade, or owner Dolan pursue to rehire Isiah Thomas, or Phoenix offer to Stat for 3 seasons of guaranteed $$$ on a 6 season contract....how many memo's do one need on Stat.

Those who select "Stat" need to rewind their DVD....Stat is a Super-Star that dont co-exist with any of his Knicks teammates on a level to be an impact or valuable in a postseason series....Jefferies at least co-exist with exellence with Tyson Chandler on the defensive end (as a PF or SF) to challenge any postseason team in a series for the most STOPS....especially when u add Shump or Fields in their lineup.

Jeffries plans to play Sunday

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    But this situation isn't about hypothesizing. If it was, you'd be right.
    Actually it's neither about this nor if they're 100% healthy. If they can play not that hurt, then we should be talking about who we think would be best for THIS post-season. After this season is important of course, but I believe this team can go deep, even win it all.

I think I'm gonna go with STAT because his defense picked up, and he looked like STAT again offensively.

Jeffries is guaranteed defense though.

Lin would definitely help, but it's not like there wasn't teams that won without good PGs (which Baron is, he just needs need Douglas or whoever to step-up for his rest), and this isn't the D'Antoni era anymore, we could win with STAT's offensive without Lin imo.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Is it Jeffries' defensive versatility, hustle on both sides of the floor, and rest for Tyson?

Is it STAT's offensive impact, rebounding, and hopefully the continuation of the defensive effort?

Or is it Lin for another good floor general and rest for B. Diddy?
    Well here it looks like RJ wasn't talking about risking anything for the future.

Which is why I'll stand by my assesment that its STAT. It's not even close.

Look I love Lin. Really love him. But he's not nearly as good at STAT. Not yet.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Well here it looks like RJ wasn't talking about risking anything for the future.

Which is why I'll stand by my assesment that its STAT. It's not even close.

Look I love Lin. Really love him. But he's not nearly as good at STAT. Not yet.

Yea really this poll should be this close the 2nd best player of the team is injured unless Melo was on that list Amare should have almost 100% votes.

JJ ALL THE WAY

We need boards, we need hustle, we need D.

JJ is gonna play today , and Tyson needs help.

I am not saying that Amare nor Lin is missing for me, but, Amare only started to play some D and getting his explosiveness back and JLIN was in sort of decline(no dis).

Its always about the missing links, and the missing link in this year was hustle and D, those criteria is where JJ is exhale

I just go with the statistics as to which player wins more when he is in the game:

With Stat in the game, Knicks won 19 and lost 24

With JJ in the game, Knicks won 18 and lost 15

With Lin in the game, Knicks won 20 and lost 15

It would be tough for the Knicks without JJ AND Stat going into the last weeks of the playoff race. Now that Lin is out for the season, we just can't afford any more injuries.
    It doesnt matter what the regular season records show. Any team peaks at the playoff has a good shot at Finals.
    Phil Jackson is a master at peaking his teams entering the playoffs. Gregg Popovich is best at utilize and maximize his players, with less chances for injuries. Woodson needs to do the same with Knicks.

Veteran

Cool Which player on the Knicks roster made the biggest impact this season???

When is someone going to put the WEAKEST area on the Knicks roster this season
    has been the "PG" position....a young "Jeremy Lin" added to the Knicks roster started
    a world-wide "Lin-Sanity-Rush" in this country....Lin-Sanity didnt need two of the NBA
    highest scorers to take the Knicks on a seven game winning streak...

Which player on the Knicks roster made the biggest impact this season???

Having just watched the Knicks/Bulls game, I'd have to say that between STAT and Lin, the knicks need Lin now more than Stat. BD just can't do it and the lack of a legit PG is turning this into an ugly team on the offensive end

I picked Lin. After tadays game its more obvious to me that Lin is more important for this team as we still dont have a real point guard without him.
    Obviously Stat is very important too, but if i had to choose it has to be Lin.
    Also Melo is more effective offensively when Stat is not playing.

In Woodson's offense the PG isn't that important it would be great to have Lin for his penetration and all around scoring. But if the Knicks had Amare as a number 2 instead of JR today to help Melo keep pressure on the Bulls this game most likely would not go to over time.

are you guys kidding with these voting results?

dont get me wrong, i love lin and all..

but STAT is essential in the playoffs, we need his physicality (clyde's voice)

no STAT, no party

Originally Posted by Munchen13
    are you guys kidding with these voting results?

dont get me wrong, i love lin and all..

but STAT is essential in the playoffs, we need his physicality (clyde's voice)

no STAT, no party
    Yea I'm honestly flabbergasted by these results lol

I don't think ppl realize the MOST important thing in the playoffs are go to guys that can carry you. Not to mention who knows how Lin will play against opposing teams defense in the playoffs, Amare is a proven player in the post season he usually actually plays some of his best ball in the playoffs.